Free Photobook worth £15.95 from Albelli

Hmm

So I got the email mentioned above to saying it didn't meet quality control standards and will be re-printed.

It nows shows as having been printed on the 20th and ready for shipment since the 21st.

Have they run out of people to put it in a box, label it & pop it in the pile for Postman Pat?

n.b. Help line always engaged.

----------

Update - just rang the cust services line and got through easily enough. The info is wrong. They had a production "issue" on the 20th which affected my book. So it wont go out for a few more days yet.

To me that is not a production "issue" it's a production "problem".

This is a bummer as it's for GF's mum and she will be in London this weekend.

Luckily I have the photos from One Vision and DSCL to give to her.

Last edited:
That's a shame Robin. Did you get a flag up when you did your layout, saying your images needed to be better quality or anything like that? I'm doing another one next week, so I hope they're not too behind. I think it maybe because the offer is coming to an end, and alot of folk are suddenly ordering? Good luck though!

Tori

I think our posts crossed in the path.

I do understand that anyone can have problems. All I see is, they had a problem and my order has been delayed.

It's not as if it's for a paying customer or that it has been delayed that long.

I'm just disappointed as I wanted to give it to my GFs mother & I will now need to post it once I have got it.

Mine is showing as completed but no indication as to when they are going to post it. Not in a hurry though.

Mine was posted yesterday.

Just a quick reminder to anyone thinking about this, offer expires midnight 30th June 2011.

They also have a new offer. A large photobook for £50, as many pages as you like :)

They also have a new offer. A large photobook for £50, as many pages as you like :)

I saw the email but didn't read it properly.

I'm going though all my digital photos back to 2003. I'll then scan old photos.

I'm creating a photobook of my two boys for my mum.

Thanks for the heads up, I've got a studio shoot this week end so will try it afterwards
Dave

The photobook I gave my mum. Includes my dad, my sister, uncle (more for the nice photo of my sis than him) and our two dogs. She loved it and I think she likes to look through it especially for the pictures of happier times with the bigger dog who was put down recently. I seldom print any of my photos but this reason makes me want to print more. There's just something about a photo printed that the photo on the screen doesn't have. Hard to put into words really.
http://www.albelli.co.uk/view-online-photo-book/c56da15f-0cb6-43a4-962f-e739f14799ec

Still no sign of mine. I assume that they are sending it second class delivery.

Getting it delivered to work and we sometimes get a second delivery. Otherwise maybe tomorrow.

Well they printed my book on Friday but then sent me an email today saying it didn't pass their quality standards so I am waiting patiently....

Crocky - I got mine today. See my comments earlier in this thread as I had the same email.

It is only a ruse as they have had such a big take up of the offer.

Lisa, what quality photo's did you use? I upload high res ones and let Albelli deal with the rest. I haven't had any problems? Have you had an online book to look at?

Lisa, what quality photo's did you use? I upload high res ones and let Albelli deal with the rest. I haven't had any problems? Have you had an online book to look at?

There shouldn't be a problem with the quality of the photos.
Yep, have seen the online book and it looks ok.
I have sent an email now, asking if they can tell me what the problem is. They state that they will reply within a day. :)

Crocky said:
Got a reply. First set scratched, second set damaged. Shame but am still hopeful I will get my book soon.

Better that than damaged.

Mine came in less than a week - so I am sure they are being honest.

I've had all sorts of problems with Albelli this week. I paid with my debit card, they sent me an email saying payment had not been received, so I paid again, now two lots have left my account, but Albelli claim they have not received them. No problems at my bank, so I'm £50 down with nothing to show for it. My bank refuse to stop the payments without confirmation from Albelli, and Albelli refuse to do anything as they have not received any payment. I've paid for two books from Albelli with no problems, so I have no idea why this is happening, but right now I'm really angry as I'm not getting anywhere :(

Are there any offers on just now?

Guys in the checkout page it tells me that the promotion code is not valid.... after spending hours of choosing my pictures, then looking for backgrounds and filling all the details for delivery etc etc and putting the code in it tells me its not valid... does it matter that I have chosen the cheapest album? As it does not want to validate the code...

Why is this still a sticky? The offer expired last June!

A new code is active and runs until 30/04/12. I've just used it and it works fine.

EBEAF9YB64A9BE2

Ian (y)

I will have to give these a try as I saw they were voted top on the Gadget show a while back.

What's the quality of the photos like on the larger books ?

Back