Free upgrade to Windows 10?

This ^^^

I must have done over a dozen of these updates now to W10 for mates and family and every one has went like clockwork without any issues. One thing I have noticed across the board is W10 uses a lot less memory than previous versions of windows.

Whilst my laptop upgrade went well I did have problems with the desktop machine. However, I originally had Win 7 on this machine and it was upgraded to Win 8/8.1 plus, I have fiddled with it quite a great deal over the months and years.

The upgrade did go through but the result became increasingly flaky and in the end it all fell over. A clean install off a USB copy of Win 10 over the top of the dead version when faultlessly and making the best of the situation I have only loaded some of the applications on that I had on before - a great opportunity to leave a great deal of rubbish behind!

Two weeks in and not any problems. Well pleased!

Anthony

Another happy customer here. I upgraded my desktop PC from Win 7 Home Premium on the day 10 was released. It all went smoothly and took about 1hr.
I did have some niggles with my Kingston USB3 card reader where Lightroom 6 would not always see it when I put an SD card in and it would not auto eject the card after copying to hard drive.
I also twice got the blue "Something has gone wrong" screen after inserting a SD card followed by a reboot. However, a few days ago, everything suddenly started working properly, Lightroom sees the card properly without having to navigate to it and also auto ejects. Also, all the reader slots show as Removable disks in My Computer which was not happening before. Something must have been updated to fix the problems.
Windows 10 seems to run slightly faster than 7 on my system (i5, 8GB 250GB ssd and two 2 TB internal storage). I got rid of the tiles in the start menu as I don't use them and now it looks and feels similar to 7 as far as I'm concerned. Edge is also noticeably faster than Chrome.

My only problem with windows 10 is with my logitech mouse having lags - It will hopefully be sorted over the next few weeks...

Has anybody had issues with Windows 10 and Google calendar (not sure if this is the correct place to ask)

Do you mean through a browser, or with the built in calendar app?

Actually either way it seems to work for me using chrome or the built in app

Back