Freelander? Which one

Mileage is pretty average...usually a couple of trips to London each month.......I am tempted to go with the shogun but it really is a beast, size wise......not that worried about running costs as I believe if you want something and it has a price tag then you need to accept the warts and all... RAV4 is slightly in the lead with the boss......

I used to have one. My wife didn't mind too much. 22" wheels, side exhaust. It was a beast.

and will probably never see a muddy field.

so why do you want a 4x4 then ? - if its just for road use in snow, rain etc lots of estate cars come with a 4x4 option (if you want a dedicated one you could look at the subaru forester). If you arent going off road it seems pointless paying for off road capability

so why do you want a 4x4 then ? - if its just for road use in snow, rain etc lots of estate cars come with a 4x4 option (if you want a dedicated one you could look at the subaru forester). If you arent going off road it seems pointless paying for off road capability

I have had loads of 4x4 and I just love them........I like the driving height and the amount of space that most provide....

I have had loads of 4x4 and I just love them........I like the driving height and the amount of space that most provide....
What is the budget buddy? I assumed, based on a 2005 Freelander that it would be around £3K for this one.

Allowing 4k but the boss has seen a rav4 she wants......hopefully do a deal this Monday

There you go. Ultimately that is all that matters. Hope it goes well.

I have a freelander 1 2.0 TD4, HSE (2005) had it for about 4/5 years very reliable (might be selling soon though to buy a van) :)

I have a freelander 1 2.0 TD4, HSE (2005) had it for about 4/5 years very reliable (might be selling soon though to buy a van) :)
I bought my one to transport baths and similar outsize things. You can get 3m lengths of pipe and wood in easily.
I also needed a family car so a van wasn't an option. I had the HSE which retained its value.
Maybe it's rose tinted glasses, but it did the job, was reliable and I just liked it. I fancy getting another one :)

Allowing 4k but the boss has seen a rav4 she wants......hopefully do a deal this Monday

One thing I forgot to add UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES buy a Toyota RAV 4 with Run Flats - the one we had run flats that could only be bought from and fitted by the dealer as there was a run flat ring inside the tyre which was Toyota specific - the tyres were £250 per corner - Total rip off

One thing I forgot to add UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES buy a Toyota RAV 4 with Run Flats - the one we had run flats that could only be bought from and fitted by the dealer as there was a run flat ring inside the tyre which was Toyota specific - the tyres were £250 per corner - Total rip off

Will keep that in mind...Still nothing bought....Bloody harder than I thought it was going to be

Will keep that in mind...Still nothing bought....Bloody harder than I thought it was going to be

The Mother in Law has a VW Tiguan - i've been very impressed with it - even more so with a friend's Touareg but those are big money

The Mother in Law has a VW Tiguan - i've been very impressed with it - even more so with a friend's Touareg but those are big money

I had a tiguan as a courtsey vehicle while our ranger was being repaired - great on road, as much use as a nun in a brothel off road (that may not bother the OP of course).

:LOL: - there aremnt however exceptions to the tiguan crap off roady ness (as factory - obviously you could raise and reengine one if you wanted and some car nut probably has)

:LOL: - there aremnt however exceptions to the tiguan crap off roady ness (as factory - obviously you could raise and reengine one if you wanted and some car nut probably has)
Agreed, I'd argue that whole segment of off-road look alike family hatchbacks is severely compromised in my opinion. Heck to me a Subaru Legacy outback would be a better proposition .

Saying that it is a very popular segment and I doubt that beyond going on a kerb many would go off-road.

After seeing this I got a very different view on nuns.
LOL not seen that one, I still much prefer radar love, a great tune to drive fast poodle along to ;)

:LOL: - there aremnt however exceptions to the tiguan crap off roady ness (as factory - obviously you could raise and reengine one if you wanted and some car nut probably has)[/QUOTE
I would humbly suggest that your requirement for a 4x4 are somewhat different than a standard soft roader and that majority of people on here would be quite well served by a standard vehicle!

LOL not seen that one, I still much prefer radar love, a great tune to drive fast poodle along to ;)
Radar love is good great for aerobics when wearing my Mr Motivator outfit :p , I also like the Twilight Zone.

" would humbly suggest that your requirement for a 4x4 are somewhat different than a standard soft roader and that majority of people on here would be quite well served by a standard vehicle"

You could be right - but i'd maintain as i said further up that if you don't have my requirements (ie a vehicle which can actually go off road) then you don't need a propper 4x4 at all and you arebetter off with an estate car with selectable 4x4 for snowy days

" would humbly suggest that your requirement for a 4x4 are somewhat different than a standard soft roader and that majority of people on here would be quite well served by a standard vehicle"

You could be right - but i'd maintain as i said further up that if you don't have my requirements (ie a vehicle which can actually go off road) then you don't need a propper 4x4 at all and you arebetter off with an estate car with selectable 4x4 for snowy days

You are probably quite right but after owning a shotgun the missus likes the height and what she wants she usually gets......her indoors must be obeyed.... ;)

Back