French Alps

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
A trip to visit friends who live just outside the village of Vaujany on the edge of the Alps. I could not go without taking my camera. The first couple are mooching around the woods behind their house, a pretty stunning back garden. Then a couple of sunrise visits during the week.

I wanted to go further up to Lac de Grande Maison or Col du Sabot but both were inaccessible due to snow, even at the end of March.

It tended to be big vista views, so I tried to find something a little more focussed within this, rather than just taking big panorama's, although I did take a few of those:) Difficult to find a good foreground too. Hope to go back later in the summer and visit again, maybe more exploring opportunities to find some more intimate scenes.

Constructive C&C welcome.

Thanks

Alan

spring light by Alan, on Flickr

through the woods by Alan, on Flickr

Taken from La Villette

Grande Galbert by Alan, on Flickr

La Pyramide by Alan, on Flickr

Taken from Villard Reculas

Purple Rocher by Alan, on Flickr

Pyramide glow by Alan, on Flickr

highlights by Alan, on Flickr

…can you expand more on the low key tones.

Sure!

The whole image could be a tat brighter but
mainly the dark areas are blocked blacks. So,
retrieving some details in the low key tones
after brighten up a tad would, IMHO, cheer
up the visual pleasure!

Last two I love.

Landscapes don't always need foreground.

The more intimate scenes aren't for me. I don't see their appeal personally. Of their type they're fine.

The last two bar a slight shadow lift are fit for the wall.

Last edited:
Sure!

The whole image could be a tat brighter but
mainly the dark areas are blocked blacks. So,
retrieving some details in the low key tones
after brighten up a tad would, IMHO, cheer
up the visual pleasure!

Aha, see what you mean. I was concerned about the whites blowing out, and sort of liked the high key nature, but you are right, with hindsight it could take a lift. I did the conversion in silver efex pro in lightroom, so will see what I can do to lift it in lightroom.

Last two I love.

Landscapes don't always need foreground.

The more intimate scenes aren't for me. I don't see their appeal

The last two bar a slight shadow lift are fit for the wall.

Thanks Steve!

I spend so much time with IR I don't display my color pictures very often. I had a wonderful time cruising thru these posted pictures I said,,why not.
IMG_0582.JPG
50D 24-105mmL
This is east from white sands New Mexico at the last of summer and into fall. Yet the snow still was up there, not much but good for me. Thanks for dropping in.

Back