Freshwater West

"enhance" is a word I would use with caution here :)

I have to agree.
The PP has given the image a jaundiced look.
Also, the horizon tilts fractionally to the right. Only a tiny bit but jumped out at me.

I don't really care about using the word 'enhance', 'photoshop' etc, if the select population here detest that word then fine move on to the next thread, this is the digital age after all and a majority of images i see are enhanced in some form either through software or in camera.

Thanks for the feedback both, i'll take it on board.

Last edited:
For me, its not your choice of words that is an issue. I think there is a better image in there somewhere, as the clouds and sun rays certainly are dramatic. Maybe id try taking a small amount off of the bottom to give it more of a letterbox crop. Unfortunately, for me, the processing is a little too much though. It might help if you let us know what is was you were after. If you were looking for an accurate representation of what you saw that day, I can say quite confidently, that you have failed. But, if you wanted something completely different, let us know. Unfortunately, its 'normally' the case that, if you have to explain it, it probably doesnt work.

I hope youve taken what ive said in the spirit it was intended.

Photoshop is used to enhance most images so dont get too hung up on the words used, I think the context was that the ehnacements haven't quite worked in this case as it has that HDR look and very fake colours.

Stripping the image back, I don't know where that little hut is but have seen it in photos many times, mainly astrophoto pics. The composition is, roughly on that horrible rule of thirds (although horizon is quite central) but it doesn't excite me in any way. The foreground grass is a little dull, the sun too high in the sky to present the nicer light. The hut is a little lost against the beach.

Personally I feel the little hut has graced enough photos already and theres probably a more original/creative image to be had elsewhere.

Back