Friend considering buying from Jessops retail [ not online] - any after sales experience please?

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
A friend of mine is considering buying - due to a trade in offer - from Jessops - a Panasonic CSC. I have read the thread about the on-line issues. Does anybody have any experience of dealing with issues in recent times? I have read about issues with reutrning something that has been opened after a change of mind. Any other issues? Good news also welcome. Thanks.

I’ve aleays had good service. Been unlucky enough to have a faulty Olympus EM10 which they swapped, and a faulty 75-300mm which they refunded. I don’t think they’ll swap/refund due to a change of heart though, especially as they won’t be bound by the distance selling regs.

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Bought a camera from them in store (£750), got it home and open and it had been used (supposed to be brand new). Took it back and asked for a refund, they accused me of opening and using it and refused the refund, took me the best part of a hour stood there to get my refund off them after it went up the chain.

Second incident, got a tripod head off them, arrived with no QR plate. Took them 2-3 weeks to get a new one to me.

Not that recent and under the old Jessop management they tried selling me as new a nikon D300, Clearly it was a shop demo one with about 150 clics on it already. They said also they had opened the box to check that everything was there.
So sorry but once nearly caught out it is one company I would never ever buy from again.

Last edited:
Jessops used to be good.
I loved their no quibble money back policy.

Can I assume that's changed?

In my experience with the shop in London, Oxford street the shop employees are nice and helpful. The manager was not so nice.

Thanks for this. They did it anyway so fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong ad that they get a better response than some of these.

The staff I dealt with in their Belfast store was a total joke. Wouldn't be near the store ever again

Manchester store. Came to the shop asking for canon new 85 1.4 the guy said there is no such lens only 1.2 1.8 after 5 minutes explaning to him that it actually exist and i just tested it in TPS he said its not on their system. To me it just shows how much they know about stuff they are selling...

Last edited:
Back