Frogs on perspex set

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
Just trying out something different for a change.
For each image the frog was placed on perspex with coloured card behind, within a light tent and an off camera flash was fired upwards.

Black perspex with green background used for this one
4942859296_4d12cee6cb_z.jpg

2 Purple perspex and purple backing card here
4928886087_38930623a0_z.jpg

3 Black perspex and black card here, it turned out grey due to the white light tent reflection
4928886573_b42032fe5c_z.jpg

4 Red perspex and red card
4929480756_87a7fe8d58_z.jpg

5 Black perspex with turquoise card behind
4929480166_e0ceaf0cfb_z.jpg

6 I did have a play around with this one in photoshop to smooth out the background as it was full of blemishes from frogs and crickets ;)
4937555196_392dec9c14_z.jpg

Beautiful set Angi, they look almost as if they could be ceramic posed like that. I think I prefer your natural shots best though.
Forgot to add the lighting is spot on (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Very different. Brilliantly done :clap:

#1 & #3 for me (y)

:)I think these are very clever & well thought out,love them.:clap:

Beautiful set Angi, they look almost as if they could be ceramic posed like that. I think I prefer your natural shots best though.
Forgot to add the lighting is spot on (y)
Thanks Alby, me too, but I get bored and like to try something different every now and then, I'm trying to learn about strobist lighting at the moment ;), although mainly for portraits than the macro/close up stuff. Its strange how it seems easy for close up work, but I struggle with the lighting for the portraits.

I really like your natural shots but these are a triumph!

Purple BG and the red BG in your first post are my favourites. Can't really fault any of them technically but I think these are most complimentary pairings with the colour of the frogs. I also really like the pose / angle in the one with the red BG.

No3 really stands out for me..:clap:

Nice work.

MD(y)

Those are superb, really well thought out giving lovely results.

Any chance of showing some photos of the setup you used.:)(y)

These are indeed great!

Such fantastic colour! I'm guessing you didn't nip down to the local pond for this shoot?

no 3 looks great on the grey background might have been a side effect but its very effective, well done

Back