From a recent wedding

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot this during a recent wedding at The Mansion at Roundahy in Leeds. What are peoples thoughts on the processing? It was shot with an SB900 on the bench behind the couple.

Thanks,
Adam.

93f61a_9307fde7c967495d9a96995db0b4c8ce.jpg

Last edited:

The composition and the tones are very very cool
… but the SB900 was very very hot, too hot!

Sorry, doesn't work for me at all. Aside from the starburst & flare it's all a bit muddy and the major vignette doesn't help.

I think the flash is so bright that it needs everything else to be similarly contrasty. Maybe a really strong b&w conversion would work?

The bride looks like she is just about to be beamed up to the starship Enterprise from a distant dark planet (dark vignette). I'm sorry but this doesn't look good to me, you've overcooked the flash and the processing. What did the Bride & Groom think of it ?

Awesome idea and I love the colour. I personally think that the flash is too over powering and needed balancing better and slightly re positioning a little more behind the bride? The flare is also quite distracting, I tend to get flare like this from a zoom but much less from a prime lesn so that might help.

Love the idea though!

I think this shot has a lot of potential but I think the comments so far are right, the flash is overpowering. Here's a similar style of shot I took a couple of weeks ago. I also took a few versions where the light is totally hidden and just provides a rim light, personally I prefer those one but I think this one still works.

p2063087572-6.jpg

Both the images in this thread have their faults but of the two I prefer the OP's. The background is much more pleasing and for me I like the colours and tones. The second image has an ugly brick wall in the background, doesn't flatter the bride and I'm not keen on the pose either.

I get the concept, but think the flash is too bright in both.. I think if it had been hidden behind and allowed to rim light them it would of worked better..

Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate the feedback. I actually didn't give this to the clients, as I felt it was a bit OTT for me! I just wanted to see how other people felt about it. Will try and dig out the ones that were delievered (a little bit less dramatic)!

I would normally shoot like this when the flash is behind the subject, this was from last year and a little bit more in keeping with my style. The couple absolutely loved this one, and I must admit I do like it!

AWP_1545-2.jpg

Back