Fuel price, how does it affect you?

Going back to how Oil Prices effect you, just check out the TP forums and look how many people are now taking macro shots, were it does not need travel to get a good subject.

The wife and I used to run a pair of 2.5L V6 Mondeo's. I say used to because in the 7 months from May to Christmas I covered 17000 miles in mine at an average of 23mpg!!!!! So I got a diesel Audi A6 V6 for the daily drives. From 23 to 39mpg for around 800 miles a week has made a huge diffrence. She still uses her ST200 daily and I still have mine for the weekends.

So yes it made a slight diffrence, do I worry about driving to see someone or do something, then no I dont.

BTW the petrol price has gone up in Saudi Arabia over the last 12 months as well. From 4.5ppl to 8ppl!!!!!!!!!!

The wife and I used to run a pair of 2.5L V6 Mondeo's. I say used to because in the 7 months from May to Christmas I covered 17000 miles in mine at an average of 23mpg!!!!! So I got a diesel Audi A6 V6 for the daily drives. From 23 to 39mpg for around 800 miles a week has made a huge diffrence. She still uses her ST200 daily and I still have mine for the weekends.

So yes it made a slight diffrence, do I worry about driving to see someone or do something, then no I dont.

BTW the petrol price has gone up in Saudi Arabia over the last 12 months as well. From 4.5ppl to 8ppl!!!!!!!!!!

Except the added depreciation of the Audi A6 will probably massively outweigh what you would spend on fuel for the Mondeo, no? Especially since you still own (and depreciate) the Mondeo.

Ahhh ST200 - finest car Ford ever made...apart from my Cougar that is...lol and my Mustang, of course...:naughty:

Newer members may not be aware that this forum was actually founded by a bunch of Petrol-Heads who all though a good day out consisted of strapping a modded Mondeo to their back and emptying the fuel tank as quickly and inefficiently as possible...lol

Last edited:
'Fraid so...We were all paid-up members of the Blue-Oval fanclub... Ford Mondeo Owners Club
I've only ever owned fast Fords and have just purchased a tax-free Mustang GT from the US army PX sales people in Germany...mmm V8's....vroom vroom
To be honest I'll just continue to drive irresponsibly large cars as long as I'm able to do so because anything I do pales into insignificance compared to what the emerging nations are up to - China is currently importing vast amounts of oil (compared to the West) to furnish its reconstruction programme. Next will be India and Pakistan...
A few hundred-thousand cars more or less will make no appreciable difference to anything in the long run.

It's going to run out...Enjoy the ride while it lasts...

Ahhh ST200 - finest car Ford ever made...apart from my Cougar that is...lol and my Mustang, of course...:naughty:

Newer members may not be aware that this forum was actually founded by a bunch of Petrol-Heads who all though a good day out consisted of strapping a modded Mondeo to their back and emptying the fuel tank as quickly and inefficiently as possible...lol

Interesting :eek:

Anyone watching channel 4?? This is why I don't drive :p

Last edited:
Back