Fuji 23mm f2 vs Viltrox

Edit My Images
No
Been looking for a 35mm equivalent, my 50mm is a bit tight for what I use it for. Is the Fuji 23mm or worth the extra £115 over the Viltrox? The Viltrox is a 1.4 but it’s not as compact, not weather sealed and I think the aperture ring is click less which I don’t like as much. I have use the the Fuji 23mm, I know it focuses quick enough but there is a issue with close up sharpness

The Fuji f2 is a solid little lens. It may be soft wide open at close distance, but I’ve never used it this way. For me it works great as a lightweight social and travel lens paired with the 50mm f2. I’ve not used the Viltrox, so couldn’t comment on that one.

The Fuji f2 is a solid little lens. It may be soft wide open at close distance, but I’ve never used it this way. For me it works great as a lightweight social and travel lens paired with the 50mm f2. I’ve not used the Viltrox, so couldn’t comment on that one.
I like it as a 35mm but Ive found out that a 35mm equivalent cropped to a square is the same as an 80mm on a 6x6. I got rid of my 6x6 TLR with an 80mm and really miss that look, it wont get the same depth of field but I can live with that

The 23mm 2 is a small and outstanding quality lens. I generally ran it min 2.8, more usually f4 and was always happy. I've had a couple and would have another. I just got a 23mm Viltrox as a second choice because I'm a bit skint and wanted to get back into Fuji after selling everything due to a period of no work coming in (freelance). I couldn't justify the extra £70 on a used Fuji vs a used super mint Viltrox. I had the 85mm Viltrox last year, and it made some great images, tho I barely used it. Anyway, I've only done test shots with the 23mm and am happy. As with any (every?) lens, it is a tad softer wide open but firms up well at 2.8, with much better corners if you pixel peep, and then at 4, it's excellent. The build is great, looks sexy, and AF is zippy. I like it. I don't feel I need to return to the Fuji, other than size. 23mm is my most used travel lens, so the small Fuji suited me. The Viltrox is somewhat bigger.

The 23mm 2 is a small and outstanding quality lens. I generally ran it min 2.8, more usually f4 and was always happy. I've had a couple and would have another. I just got a 23mm Viltrox as a second choice because I'm a bit skint and wanted to get back into Fuji after selling everything due to a period of no work coming in (freelance). I couldn't justify the extra £70 on a used Fuji vs a used super mint Viltrox. I had the 85mm Viltrox last year, and it made some great images, tho I barely used it. Anyway, I've only done test shots with the 23mm and am happy. As with any (every?) lens, it is a tad softer wide open but firms up well at 2.8, with much better corners if you pixel peep, and then at 4, it's excellent. The build is great, looks sexy, and AF is zippy. I like it. I don't feel I need to return to the Fuji, other than size. 23mm is my most used travel lens, so the small Fuji suited me. The Viltrox is somewhat bigger.
I am tempted by the Viltrox. It’s cheaper and a 1.4 I doubt I’ll use it at 1.4 too much but it’s nice to have

I really like the 23mm f2. Well built and sharp.

Never considered the Viltrox as I don’t like clickless aperture lenses. YMMV.

I had the 23f2 lens, but sold it, as I loved the lens so much it was practically always on my camera, so I figured I may as well buy an X100V.

I really like the 23mm f2. Well built and sharp.

Never considered the Viltrox as I don’t like clickless aperture lenses. YMMV.
Yea I don’t like those either tbh. I don’t use cameras in the rain either but the Fuji is weather sealed

Back