Fuji Pro 400H to cease production

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No

They are stating an inability to reliably source certain raw materials as the reason.

135 is ceasing production and sale immediately, 120 will continue to be produced and sold until the end of 2021.

:(

Sounds like a fishy story to me, it’s probably the fact that Portra 400 has taken over this segment of the market.

That's a shame, I like Pro 400H. Luckily for me I've got 5 rolls of 120 in the freezer, so that should lessen the blow.

The alternative explanation is on the West Yorkshire Cameras site.

:( indeed, I always felt it suited UK conditions better than Portra and was my go-to 400iso colour film

It is a fine flm, for sure. I posted an order for it and found that it had already sold out. Not surprised, I have 15 rolls left so I must use them Weasley, carefully as a muggle.

The alternative explanation is on the West Yorkshire Cameras site.
Similar claim here:

'What certain sources say - some quite reliable - is that the Japanese giant took advantage of the last years when its film factories were in full swing to mass-produce rolls and industrial rolls of each type of emulsion so that these were kept frozen during years and, progressively and depending on the demand, they only had to worry about cutting and packaging them in different formats. An intelligent way to eliminate the most cumbersome part of the process - the emulsified one - while ensuring that they can continue to sell that type of product for many more years.'

Back