Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Cheers Geoff - Done both those :(

Peter just a thought, did you download the firmware file first to your computer and then copy it to the card. It won't work if you try to download it directly to the card.

George.

Last edited:
Hi Jeff (apologies I spelt it wrong last time),

When Sarah did a reset the firmware version stayed a v3. I found a v3.1 download but that didn't work either.

Good idea about the lens upgrade. Sarah has just tried and it updated the lens ok.

However after that the body update still didn't work

Last edited:
Peter just a thought, did you download the firmware file first to your computer and then copy it to the card. It won't work if you try to download it directly to the card.

George.
Hi George. I've tried both and even different locations on the Mac as we'd spotted some people saying to put download it onto the Desktop first.

Mine said firmware 3 I clicked OK and it said 3 - 4 clicked OK and it was on

We're now seriously thinking it's the camera. We've updated the X-T1 ok (different file obviously) and we've just successfully updated the firmware of a lens using the X-E2. The body firmware is the one we're still troubled with.

Can only suggest removing the battery overnight and trying in the morning. Doesn't sound good.

Yeah it's the only other thing I can think of, long enough to totally clear everything. I've done it before on nikon.

I had one more really stupid question. It's definitely an xe-2 and not an xe-1? Apologies in advance!

Have you clicked OK even though it says firmware 3, that's what mine said, I thought it hadn't gone onto the card at first but it had

I dont suppose anyone has a spare metal lug thats used for the camera strap, my used xe2 only came with one, or would appreciate a point in the direction for buying one

Hi Kev, Just to follow up to say that this didn't work either. Thanks anyway. Maybe a trip into Dale Photographic tomorrow lunchtime may help.
Yeah they are quite thorough, i was just there Friday with a misbehaving xf60mm. hopefully they can assist.

Managed to get out for walk up the river with the XE2 and 18-55 today, a few semi long exposures handheld on anything firm that I could find [emoji38]

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454861152.949175.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454861168.941483.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454861183.926794.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454861217.994646.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454861238.186271.jpg

looking for an XE2 half leather case if anyone is looking to move one on. Don't want to fill up this thread with classifieds stuff so I have started a new thread in wanted :)

Won't mention it again

Back