Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I see your exposure compensation dial has got jogged again, Peter!

Been humming and hawing over an XE2/18-55 package from the Fuji refurb shop for a while and now the site is down for an upgrade, not back until the 3rd Feb at the earliest.

I'm just hoping the paypal12 code will still work when it comes back! :eek:

I think you'll be pleased for the wait. New firmware will improve a lovely camera. I'm pleased to have an XE2 in my camera line up. I did a long weekend away last year with lots of walking about. Despite having a number of other lenses and another camera kit available with me, 99% of the trip I just used the XE2/18-55 combo. Worked perfectly.

just purchased that kit you mention, hope I made the rigĥt choice!
Christmas money finally spent .. goodbye Nikon!
Got a big stopper, nikon adapter and an nd grad .. hope I get on well with it

My cheap and cheerful grip and thumb rest turned up from Amazon today. Quite impressed with the quality for the price.

Attachments

• 1454161508148.jpg
    1454161508148.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 1454161522789.jpg
    1454161522789.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1454161538059.jpg
    1454161538059.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Quite a few very similar but rebranded. Mines an I-shoot but prefer my half case with a little padded grip.

I did look at half case but decided for a grip. Had a look at the Ishoot but was a bit unsure of coming from abroad.

If anyone is too scared to try out the new firmware I've just started a wanted thread for an X-E2 :)

I understand there was some issue with the new v5 xt-1 firmware, just a small glitch since corrected I think (haven't checked).

I feel like a kid at Xmas, can't wait for the XE2 firmware :)

On the grip front I use the half case and it really works well.

I'm considering purchasing a used xe1 or xe2 to use primarily for street / travel photography. I'm not really up to speed with the quirks of either camera but I'm hoping to pair it with the 27mm pancake lens. I just wanted a steer as to the difference in autofocus capabilities of each model, quite a few reviews of the xe1 are quite old and I wondered if any firmware updates had made a difference?

Definitely get the X-E2, it's already significantly faster and the upcoming FW update will speed it up further. There really isn't a good reason IMO to buy an X-E1 anymore unless you are on a very tight budget.

I'm considering purchasing a used xe1 or xe2 to use primarily for street / travel photography. I'm not really up to speed with the quirks of either camera but I'm hoping to pair it with the 27mm pancake lens. I just wanted a steer as to the difference in autofocus capabilities of each model, quite a few reviews of the xe1 are quite old and I wondered if any firmware updates had made a difference?

The XE2 is a very good Street camera, rivals my X100s and I sometimes wonder why I have both. The 27mm is not quite as wide as I prefer, but it's a nice lens, small sharp, control is from the camera body. I prefer to use the 18mm f2 but always have the 27mm in the bag. The XE2 shutter is quiet but not silent. Today's firmware update may give it a silent electronic shutter. The x100s shutter is already silent, good for street.

** Confirmed, the XE2 now does have a silent electronic shutter

Last edited:
You might want to make a note of your Q menu settings as a few things get reset.

Back