Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

it's basically the same as the T10, so the manual for it (or Rico's book) will do just fine for all the details. By the way - the 4 way dial can be set to custom options, I've made mine to choose the focus group, face detection and to select af point. I kinda hope that when shooting portraits I will no longer have to frame my picture and then navigate to the eye but I'll see if it nails the focus on it.

it should be basically the same. However, you can just look up the manual of the E2S.

Mind blown. Installed the firmware on the train just there, had a chance to sit around and play. The ability to simply reconfigure all the function and joypad buttons is a basic but massively needed addition. I now have fast access to the settings I use in my style of photography. The new auto focus system seems lovely! Can't wait to get this out and about.

So does X-E2 have all features of X-E2s? Anything missing?

From what I understand, physical grip to front of body, a marginally improved viewfinder, some labelling changes to buttons, differing menu but essentially the same. Might be support for longer over next couple of years and possibly even improved features that they may not add to the original XE2.

sadly no Acros simulation, maybe some other tiny bits are left for the E2S.

The XE2 is a very good Street camera, rivals my X100s and I sometimes wonder why I have both. The 27mm is not quite as wide as I prefer, but it's a nice lens, small sharp, control is from the camera body. I prefer to use the 18mm f2 but always have the 27mm in the bag. The XE2 shutter is quiet but not silent. Today's firmware update may give it a silent electronic shutter. The x100s shutter is already silent, good for street.

** Confirmed, the XE2 now does have a silent electronic shutter

I've just sold my X100S for an XE2 as my lens collection keeps growing so it makes more sense for me to have 2 bodies XT1 and XE2. I ended up selling my XT10 and upgrading to XT1 but with the firmware update the XE2 is more or less and Xt10 now anyway.

Will miss the flip screen but if the new Fuji app that was recently updated is as good as what it is now on my XT1, I will be able to use my mobile to shoot low down or on a tripod or camera round neck for street.

Hi Jeff / kennysarmy
Great X-E2 update and thanks for the two links you provided. Pity Canon does not follow this Kaizan principle!
Andrew/SevernBore

Really impressed with the update. The electronic shutter was something i missed and used alot on my GX7.

With this new firmware, does anyone else get missing Fn menus?

eg. Assign face detect to a Fn button (I used the AE button), and then pressing it doesn't show the On/Off menu anymore. In fact, no message what so ever.

ok so this electronic shutter thing. why would you ever now use the old shutter and why is there an option for both at the same time in the menu? I do like the old click noise :) but i dont understand the difference between the two to suggest ever going back to the old shutter type.

Also when you go into manual focus mode, is there an option to turn off the auto zoom in when you focus?

ok so this electronic shutter thing. why would you ever now use the old shutter and why is there an option for both at the same time in the menu? I do like the old click noise :) but i dont understand the difference between the two to suggest ever going back to the old shutter type.

Also when you go into manual focus mode, is there an option to turn off the auto zoom in when you focus?

I had a read of this wrt your first question:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3772253#forum-post-54951570

Does anybody know how many shots it will take in hi speed mode and does it still use the PDAF in hi speed like the XT1 or is that still restricted to short burst mode ?

No problems with the new firmware yesterday, gave it a good work out although sadly tracking focus wasn't required.. :(

X-E2, XF55-200

Good image although very sad.

Just a quick thanks also to Jeff... Kennysarmy... our online resource! :) very helpful with his links and prompts!

I picked up an XE2 body today to go with an 18-55 I found in my office after a clear out. I was settled with my Ricoh GR but after the second one developed a fault and was sent back at Christmas I've been without a smaller fun camera.

I updated the firmware today and it all seems pretty awesome, can't wait to get out and go for a photo walk, and as much as I love the Ricoh, it's nice to have a Fuji again, they're so damn well built.

Can't go wrong with an X-E2 ;)

Just got my xe2 and 35 f2 will do the update later, that's what is great about fuji improving your camera without buying a new one

Has anyone tried importing a RAW file from there Fuji onto a Android device. Can't do it over WiFi and if I import the file to the laptop then send it to the tablet it can't read it(I'm sure Android can read and edit RAW with snapseed)
Thanks

Sorry Matt I'm no help to you, but I'm sure someone else will be.

First couple of snaps with the XE2 today, I managed to go as far as the garden [emoji38]

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454756964.174580.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454760389.404563.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1454756977.198341.jpg

Last edited:
Does anybody know how many shots it will take in hi speed mode and does it still use the PDAF in hi speed like the XT1 or is that still restricted to short burst mode ?
The question I actually meant to ask is does the XE2 now use the PDAF sensors in hi speed burst mode (it used to only use them in lo-burst and the the XT1 used them hi-burst) - this pretty much decides if I sell my XT1 so would appreciate your thoughts folks :)

We're tearing our hair out trying to find an answer as to how to update Sarah's X-E2 with the latest firmware. It is already on v3.0 and we've download the latest v4.0 software to a freshly in camera formatted card. We've tried downloading via Mac and Windows and tried more than one card but still no luck. We've also made sure that file name is correct - FWUP0004.DAT. Each time we get the message "New firmware not be found. Turn off camera."

See also my thread - http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/new-firmware-not-be-found.51818/

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted. Many thanks.

Have you tried holding the 'disp back' button whilst turning the camera on?

Hi Darren,

The file is on the card and is named correctly. Looking at the file info on Finder it says it's a document. I'd also looked at that link so have checked both causes

Back