Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I have to say that the Fuji 55-200 is a really nice lens. I expected it to be good - the Fuji X gear always is - but not as good as it turned out to be.

The only problem for me with Fuji X is the steady stream of top quality glass. A prime next I think plus the 10-24mm to add to my 18-55 and 55-200mm.

My Nikon gear is just not being used..............

I have to say that the Fuji 55-200 is a really nice lens. I expected it to be good - the Fuji X gear always is - but not as good as it turned out to be.

The only problem for me with Fuji X is the steady stream of top quality glass. A prime next I think plus the 10-24mm to add to my 18-55 and 55-200mm.

My Nikon gear is just not being used..............

I am in the same boat,so far not being able to part with my Nikon D700 yet as those I haven't use it for a long time.
Decision soon does it go or does it stay :shrug:

well...finally got my 35mm 1.4 replacement back from fuji...or so I thought. Opened the package to find they've actually sent me a 18mm f2! Sexy little beast though!

Last edited:
I am in the same boat,so far not being able to part with my Nikon D700 yet as those I haven't use it for a long time.
Decision soon does it go or does it stay :shrug:

I had the same problem with my D800, great as it was the fact I never took it with me due to weight/bulk/intimidating people meant I sold it, it just devalues otherwise and youre even more out of pocket. I figured If I missed it Id just source another with the money I sold it for.

I have read a bit about it. Seen it for £40 inc p+p and thought that was a good deal.

Is that from a UK seller? Seen them on ebay for around £43, shipped from HK. A snip of the cost of one of the Really Right Stuff versions. The integrated Arca Swiss plate is a massive plus for me.

well...finally got my 35mm 1.4 replacement back from fuji...or so I thought. Opened the package to find they've actually sent me a 18mm f2! Sexy little beast though!

18mm f2 is nice, but guess not what you wanted. :p

Nice trade! Shhh keep it.

I would swap my 18mm f2 for 35mm f1.4. 18mm is not bad, but 35mm would be more useful :)

Is that from a UK seller? Seen them on ebay for around £43, shipped from HK. A snip of the cost of one of the Really Right Stuff versions. The integrated Arca Swiss plate is a massive plus for me.

On the bay. Might treat myself after all the over time I've been doing.

I had the same problem with my D800, great as it was the fact I never took it with me due to weight/bulk/intimidating people meant I sold it, it just devalues otherwise and youre even more out of pocket. I figured If I missed it Id just source another with the money I sold it for.

I hope my D700 devalue as low as they will go for a while,brought from new so i am going to lose a fair bit on it :(.
So at the moment maybe worth keeping :)

Well the 55-200 is still focussing very slowly in multi-point focus but I set it to centre-point focus and got these shots at Paignton zoo:

Snowy Owl by AESamuel, on Flickr

Red Panda 2 by AESamuel, on Flickr

Red Panda by AESamuel, on Flickr

The OIS is incredible on this lens, and when using the centre point focus it is very fast focus. Shame about my multi-point focus problem, just got to wait for fuji's reply about that one.

Cheers.

Trying to upgrade my 14mm from version 1 to version 3,follow the instruction to the letter from fuji website,but all i get is this message.

NEW FIRMWARE NOT BE FOUND. TURN OFF THE CAMERA
Cause
The Memory card loaded in the camera does not contain the firmware upgrade.
Response
Copy the firmware upgrade onto the card and then reload it into the camera.

Try doing it again but keep getting the same thing :( :help:

I used to get this message when upgrading previous firmware on my lenses (18 35 & 60) on my Mac.
The only way I got around it was by downloading the firmware direct to the sdhc card and not to the Mac & then transferring across.
Also make sure the card is formatted in camera first.
Doing this worked for me!

Well the 55-200 is still focussing very slowly in multi-point focus but I set it to centre-point focus and got these shots at Paignton zoo:

Red Panda 2 by AESamuel, on Flickr

Red Panda by AESamuel, on Flickr

The OIS is incredible on this lens, and when using the centre point focus it is very fast focus. Shame about my multi-point focus problem, just got to wait for fuji's reply about that one.

Cheers.

Wow, these are really nice shots, just when I'd convinced myself that I don't need the long zoom... :thinking:

I used to get this message when upgrading previous firmware on my lenses (18 35 & 60) on my Mac.
The only way I got around it was by downloading the firmware direct to the sdhc card and not to the Mac & then transferring across.
Also make sure the card is formatted in camera first.
Doing this worked for me!

Thanks yep did all that,but still wouldn't upgrade in my XE-1,but finally got it to work in my X-1 pro,so lens now version 3 firmware :)

Oh yes, sorry I missed it!

Glad I'm not the only one where this happens. I will let you know when I get a response from fuji :)

Thanks very much! The lens is cracking, no regrets from getting it so far :LOL:

I find all the lens bar the 18-55mm have their little focusing quirk,its just finding away around them,plus its more notable on the 55-200mm at the 200mm setting due i think to its long range :)

Happy days! Had me worried for a minute!

Me :D,no not the lens just the firmware,the first time you put it on a camera it tell you that's their new firmware for the lens,the firmware card in the box is for the cameras only,so that you can use the 14mm on your camera.

The Version 1 software works ok on the camera,it just said on fuji website said a bit better focusing with version 3 firmware and you have to do everything in exactly the right order,or else you don't get the firmware on to the card.

Going out today to take some photos and give it a test run :)

Last edited:
Me :D,no not the lens just the firmware,the first time you put it on a camera it tell you that's their new firmware for the lens,the firmware card in the box is for the cameras only,so that you can use the 14mm on your camera.

The Version 1 software works ok on the camera,it just said on fuji website said a bit better focusing with version 3 firmware and you have to do everything in exactly the right order,or else you don't get the firmware on to the card.

Going out today to take some photos and give it a test run :)

Not as bad as me! Put it on mine to test it and thought the AF was cream crackered as I couldn't for the life of me get it to work.... Until I realised you can disengage the AF with the focus ring.... Durrrr

Not as bad as me! Put it on mine to test it and thought the AF was cream crackered as I couldn't for the life of me get it to work.... Until I realised you can disengage the AF with the focus ring.... Durrrr

Yep :LOL: its on the focusing ring,took me a read of the manual to find that out,after looking all over the lens :D

Back