Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

thanks Adam :)

It was lit by a single Nikon SB24 speedlight at 1/4 power through a Phottix 60 inch Para-pro umbrella with diffuser. Triggered via Yongnuo RF602's.

Antihero, what do you mean good for portraits if they stay still - is it really that bad for movement (one reason I got rid ofthe x100). Still keen on this or even an x pro, but as kids makeup most of my shooting it may not be the best move.

Antihero, what do you mean good for portraits if they stay still - is it really that bad for movement (one reason I got rid ofthe x100). Still keen on this or even an x pro, but as kids makeup most of my shooting it may not be the best move.

If you shoot kids a lot, it might be worth waiting for the X-E2, the AF on that is supposed to be like lightning. One thing that bugs me about it is the continuous AF is arse about face... In as much that it will continously focus until you half press the shutter! Unless I'm missing something?

Sounds good, are they the Nikon or Canon version? And do they work reliably? Seems hard to find a review for any triggers that work 100% with the x-e1!

Adam

Honestly Can't remember which variety they are as I bought them a few years ago when I was a Pentax boy. I THINK they are Nikons but I could be wrong. I have actually just ordered some Commlite t320's as I have some older, high voltage flashes that will not work with the 602's. The Commlites will work with flashes upto 300v!!

http://flashhavoc.com/commlite-comtrig-t320-review/

That being said, the 602's have worked flawlessly since I got them and never missed a beat. Great triggers for the cash.

Time for a little update, after taking my time wit ha bit of processing and been busy with work etc I've finally finalised some photos from my first holiday with the X-E1, I went to Florida for a family holiday. Here's some of my favourites:

10472300214_43ed8e982a_c.jpg

10472297244_093d7e0532_c.jpg

10472295864_f1bc39a15b_c.jpg

10472292514_61b97209cf_c.jpg

Adam

I am in the same boat,so far not being able to part with my Nikon D700 yet as those I haven't use it for a long time.
Decision soon does it go or does it stay :shrug:

I just sold mine. Keeping the glass though, at least for now - though I can't help wondering how much Fuji kit I could get if I sold it all :LOL:

first impressions of the grip....love it!!! fits like a glove, adds a nice amount of weight to your hand and the build quality is excellent. Very impressed for £42!

Ishootgrip by AlternatePixel, on Flickr

I have quite small hands so the x-e1 fits me pretty well but if I didn't then that grip looks like it would do the job very well. Looks a bit ugly but functionally looks great. (y)

I have quite small hands so the x-e1 fits me pretty well but if I didn't then that grip looks like it would do the job very well. Looks a bit ugly but functionally looks great. (y)

I don't mine my cameras looking ugly,attract less attention which to me is alway a good thing.
:)

Im in the process of getting rid of my 5d as it draws to much attention so looking at picking one of these up.
Just hope its worth it.

I am so tempted at the moment with an XE-1 or an X-Pro1.
I have an X100 and D7000 currently. As much as the D7000 is great, I just love how easy the X100 is to manage in size and weight and this gets used nearly all of the times I decide to go out with a camera.
I just don't know if I would regret it or not. I think I would miss having the 70 - 300 that I have on the Nikon but everything else would go in Fujis favour.

Just had a little play indoor,new things i like bigger screen, comp dial doesn't get knocked so easily,AF seem very fast,but going out with it tomorrow to give it a good work out,will give an update after being out with it :)

Just had a little play indoor,new things i like bigger screen, comp dial doesn't get knocked so easily,AF seem very fast,but going out with it tomorrow to give it a good work out,will give an update after being out with it :)

Looking forward to your further comments Simon(y)
Btw, how do you find the quicker EVF refresh, is it a big step up from the X-E1, how does it compare to an OM-D (if you've ever tried one)?
Thanks.

Well after having a bit of a shoot,the EVF refresh is a lot better AF has improved I would say the XE-1 is a great camera,and the XE-2 has taken a lot of what made the XE-1 great and done some real improvements to make it better.
For me well worth the upgrade as its my take everywhere camera,you could also look at it as the same as the X100 to the X100s.
I would say go into a shop and give it a try see if the improvements, work as well for you as it did for me :)

ps if you got any other ? I will try and answer as best I can

Last edited:
Well after having a bit of a shoot,the EVF refresh is a lot better AF has improved I would say the XE-1 is a great camera,and the XE-2 has taken a lot of what made the XE-1 great and done some real improvements to make it better.
For me well worth the upgrade as its my take everywhere camera,you could also look at it as the same as the X100 to the X100s.
I would say go into a shop and give it a try see if the improvements, work as well for you as it did for me :)

ps if you got any other ? I will try and answer as best I can

Thanks Simon, much appreciated (y)

Can anyone suggest a make of adaptor for Canon FD mount to Fuji X ?

I mean are the cheap ones on e-bay as good as a more expensive one for arguments sake ?

I use a Kipon Canon FD to Fuji X mount, my 300 mm Tokina is an FD mount lens.
The Kipon adapter seems to work well but it's not the cheapest at around £50 on ebay.

Having a bit more of a play with my XE-2 i really am liking it,dont get me wrong nothin much wrong with the XE-1,but for me the upgrade make an overall better experience :)

Can anyone suggest a make of adaptor for Canon FD mount to Fuji X ?

I use this one, £10.44 from Amazon. Seems pretty solid and well made but I'm a little unsure of the action of the on-off ring; it closes the aperture so you can focus wide open and then quickly shut down to the taking aperture but it doesn't like to go very far beyond f/11 on my FD lenses. That said, it hasn't been an issue for me in practice.

I actually bought a bunch of these at the same time (M42, OM, Nikon F & FD) so I really should do a comparison shoot with some 50mm lenses. :)

I use this one, £10.44 from Amazon. Seems pretty solid and well made but I'm a little unsure of the action of the on-off ring; it closes the aperture so you can focus wide open and then quickly shut down to the taking aperture but it doesn't like to go very far beyond f/11 on my FD lenses. That said, it hasn't been an issue for me in practice.

I actually bought a bunch of these at the same time (M42, OM, Nikon F & FD) so I really should do a comparison shoot with some 50mm lenses. :)

Thanks Dean, I have actually bought one of those (not delivered yet) I figured at that sort of money I can throw it away if it's no good.

Thanks Dean, I have actually bought one of those (not delivered yet) I figured at that sort of money I can throw it away if it's no good.
Exactly what I thought (well, 'get half the cost back on ebay if they're rubbish' is closer to what I thought). I was pretty impressed with the OM and M42 adapters, it's the on-off ring that's confusing but it's necessary due to the way the mount works.

Back