Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

TCR4x4

Wishes he had a couple more Inches
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Well it's been announced, and from the limited info available, I like the sound of it!

I'd love an Xpro1 but it's just too much money. I love my X100, but it has it's foibles and limits.

Something to sit in the middle would be awesome. The lack of OVF doesn't worry me too much, and if reports of superior AF come true, then it's a definite contender for my money. The Xpro1 sensor,in a smaller body, but with interchangeable lenses.. Sounds like a winner.

Can't wait to see some real reviews of production models

Yes, it sounds very interesting.

I'm not sure that the AF/MF peformance will be that much better than the X Pro 1 as I've read that there's a new firmware update for the latter so maybe they'll have the same improved performance?

I'm not really too worried about the price and I think I'd be using the EVF more than the OVF but the more compact and lighter form or the new model may sway me towards it rather than the X Pro 1 even if the AF/MF performance is the same.

I suspect that the chances of finding the new model in a shop near me will be the same as finding an XPro1, zero.

I've read 900 euros body only or 1300-1400 with the kit lens, which looks fantastic. Big question for me though is will the EVF freeze when taking focus, it's really annoying on X100 and would be a deal breaker for me as this is EVF only.

The other thing is we really need a multiple off camera flash system to rival the big boys.....

US price of $1400 for the X-E1 kit vs $1300 for the OM-D

The OM-D full retail in the UK is £1149 (and is still selling for that) so I'd guess the UK price for the Fuji will be about £1200-£1250.

Definitely an interesting camera and rather tempting.

With rumours of a full frame stills Sony NEX in a few months the options for legacy glass are expanding rapidly.

You can switch the view picture after shot to off in the options.

If you mean the focus point jumping straight to the focused image as opposed to gradually focusing then there is nothing you can do. It used to bug me at first because it was different to how previous mirrorless cameras I have owned focused, but after using it for sometime now I honestly prefer it.

hobodan said:
You can switch the view picture after shot to off in the options.

If you mean the focus point jumping straight to the focused image as opposed to gradually focusing then there is nothing you can do. It used to bug me at first because it was different to how previous mirrorless cameras I have owned focused, but after using it for sometime now I honestly prefer it.

Yes so it freezes while focusing; in that time you have no idea what is going on in front of you which I find annoying!

If these guesses on price put it at around/just over £1000 that is not enough of a difference from the X-Pro1 is it (seeing that is only just over a £1000, body only) ?

Somewhere on the web said it would be about £650 for the body only and £950 for body+ kit lens.

I really really want one :D

Yep me too; Would have to part with my x100 first though which would be a wrench.
I really hope the body & lens does retail for around that price and not more - xpro1 sensor with a 18-55 f2.8 - f4 would be amazing. Not to mention the double resolution evf over the xpro1 which would work better than the ovf for a zoom lens.

Looking forward to its release

Looks better to me than the Xpro-1. Fondled one in the local LCE and it didn't do much for me. Too big, too square and theOVF/EVF thing didn't suit me. When these get into shops I may go for another fondle...

Very interested in getting this along with the 14mm as a wide angle companion to my X100. My only worry (apart from the price - I hope the $900 lens doesn't translate to £900!) are the reported problems with RAW conversion in Lightroom 4.

I really don't want my local camera shop to stock these...

osh said:
My only worry (apart from the price - I hope the $900 lens doesn't translate to £900!) are the reported problems with RAW conversion in Lightroom 4.

The question marks over demosaicing a non-bayer sensor with Lightroom have been a concern of mine, too. It took Adobe long enough to support the XPro-1.

It beats the OM-D in price/IQ/looks but you can get a lot more/a lot cheaper lenses for M43. Decisions decisions decisions.

Looks great and the evf is meant to be better than the one in the z77/nex7 which is amazing. The primes are £500-£600 so the zooms will be a lot.

The price can be as 'reasonable' as they like, but with the proper lenses five hundred quid ... it makes just a minimal package quite an investment.
I want to see AF-speed with the primes : what have they really improved?

Somewhere on the web said it would be about £650 for the body only and £950 for body+ kit lens.

I really really want one :D

That might have been me....

If those are the prices I'll pre order without waiting for any more info.

Fuji are looking really interesting nowadays.

I was very interested in the X-Pro, but having played with one at Focus on Imaging I couldn't see any huge advantages over my 5D2. Yes it was a bit smaller, but not a lot, and the trade in expense wouldn't warrant the switch.

However, this is a good size, focus issues being worked on and (perhaps more importantly) looks to be in right price range.

As far as I can see the one negative is the lack of good RAW converters. Thoughts?

My first thought when seeing this is that the Leica adaptor mount finally makes sense, and then what do I see? A product shot from fuji with this surrounded by Leica lenses!

If its £650 as gizmodo stated, this could be very exciting.

As Their report was dated 6th September when DP review said on their forum that Fuji UK hadn't yet announced a price, I suspect Gizmodo had just used the prevailing exchange rate against the US price.

It would be nice if they were right, though I'll be surprised. Surely it'll exclude VAT even if that is the case.

1000$ in the states is without VAT, so add the VAT that is 1200$ for the UK price... Even if they don't jack the price up which most do, that is 900£ give or take a few ... doubt it will be any lower than that especially at launch.

The X Pro 1 though has fallen quite quickly from the MSRP by 200-300£ so there is hope yet :)

Park Cameras have it listed on their site available for preorder, but with no price. They're usually pretty reliable for getting pricing on new models as soon as anybody else.

£799 body only, £1,399.00 with 18-55, pre order at Clifton Cameras available November

Last edited:
But at least £550 for a lens, its an expensive system..
Still want one though!

After selling my D7000 I do have some dosh put aside which will just about be enough for the body but I would have to sell the X100 in order to get a lens which will prob be the 35mm.

Another option is just to buy a couple really nice lenses for my GX1. Will I notice a difference????

Too much nice stuff coming out :bang: :D

After selling my D7000 I do have some dosh put aside which will just about be enough for the body but I would have to sell the X100 in order to get a lens which will prob be the 35mm.

Another option is just to buy a couple really nice lenses for my GX1. Will I notice a difference????

Too much nice stuff coming out :bang: :D

Probably not much in terms of IQ, but the GX1 isnt exactly a sex machine is it?

The Fuji's just scream out "use me and love me". Plus the Panny lenses are no where near the Fuji primes in terms of build quality and sexyness.

Well, they're also no where near the price.

The later MFT lenses probably have better build and even more sexyness, but possibly cost even more.

Before going for one of these I'd need to check that AF and MF are to my liking at that there's no pasuse in EVF when focus is acquired. I'd like to take a look at one though but the competition is hotting up with the GH3, Nex 6 and rumours of a full frame Nex as well as that fixed lens jobbie.

Well I didn't like the price all that much either but if you consider that the 12-35 2.8 from Panasonic is well over £800 it almost makes sense. An OM-D + the 12-35 will set you back an extra £400-£450 than the Fuji+the 18-55.

Of course you don't have all the cool tiny primes that you do with the Olympus yet somehow the Fuji is almost gorgeous, still can't get over the hump on the OM-D...

I just got that Olympus 45mm ... oh dear, very very good.
Would this be comparable to the Fuji 60mm?

The 60mm is a macro I think while the 45mm isnt. that might affect its AF speed.

Other than that it has a minor benefit in terms of DoF control nut FOV is the same.

I have been thinking of buying the XE1 as my every day camera. The K5 + 16-50 feels big and heavy on long walks and even longer cycling trips. I also love the look an feel of the 35mm and it would make for a very compact combo without sacrificing IQ. hmmm

BTW it appears Park have the best price (and best deal) for pre-orders.

The kit is at a VERY nice price.

BTW it appears Park have the best price (and best deal) for pre-orders.

The kit is at a VERY nice price.

is it legitimate I mean it is a cool 300£ cheaper than anywhere else

also anyone knows if they will have them earlier than others?

Park have always been a reliable supplier - can't remember the last time I bought from them but I know plenty of people who have been happy with them.

It's very unlikely they will get stock before other companies. All suppliers will submit their orders to Fuji and be allocated according to Fuji's marketing whims ;) Usually that means all at once - some "premium" suppliers may get prior allocation. Nobody I spoke to yesterday knew (or would tell me if they did - this could be commercially sensitive).

Back