Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Park have always been a reliable supplier - can't remember the last time I bought from them but I know plenty of people who have been happy with them.

It's very unlikely they will get stock before other companies. All suppliers will submit their orders to Fuji and be allocated according to Fuji's marketing whims ;) Usually that means all at once - some "premium" suppliers may get prior allocation. Nobody I spoke to yesterday knew (or would tell me if they did - this could be commercially sensitive).

Thats good I was only asking because they mention 5-7 days but i assume that is their default for out of stock items. I am off to Italy for a couple of weeks in november so wouldnt mind getting one before then .

vrapan said:
Thats good I was only asking because they mention 5-7 days but i assume that is their default for out of stock items. I am off to Italy for a couple of weeks in november so wouldnt mind getting one before then .

I can answer that for you lol I was looking for on as well but bought a x100 and will sell it when it comes out and lowers in price.

Dear Mr West,

Thank you for your email.

Regrettably we do not have a confirmed date at this time, as Fuji have not provided a delivery date as of yet. Our website will display a generic 'out of stock' status which will also indicate a timescale we can normally receive stock within.

Should you wish to be contacted once new stock has been received, I would be more than happy to add you to our waiting list and arrange for someone to phone you. All we would require is an address for yourself and a daytime telephone number.

I can also confirm that all of our stock is UK supplied, and comes with the full UK warranty.

If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

http://support.parkcameras.com/view.php?e=corsa_c_sxi@hotmail.co.uk&t=814034

--
Park Cameras Ltd

I've pre-ordered mine, with zoom, from Park Cameras (listed currently at £1099). I can't wait for this, I really can't, and I don't normally get excited over cameras. I already have two X series bodies and I'm going to have to part with one of them to make way for the XE1 - whichever one goes I'm sure I'll cry. There is something so achingly sexy about the X series, nothing out there does it for me in quite the same way. When I first got my X10 I used to sit and admire it and play with it. I'm not as bad now, but I can see myself going through a similar phase when the new one arrives. Sigh.

I would preorder one as well but I would like to have it before the beginning of November and that does not seem likely... So I will wait for the reviews and the 14mm availability and get one early next year

There is something so achingly sexy about the X series, nothing out there does it for me in quite the same way.

Totally agree. I am on my second X camera and feel the same. I have not felt the same about any of the DSLRs or other compacts I have owned.
And that is a nice feeling to have when walking around taking photos with it.

When I first got my X10 I used to sit and admire it and play with it.

You don't often hear anyone say that about a digital camera, perhaps it is the retro design? I used to have a Canonette QL17 and an Oly OM2 that were both pleasurable to play with without taking any photos :LOL: I think it was something about a quality feeling mechanical device. Just turning the focus ring on the OM lenses was fun :shrug:

You don't often hear anyone say that about a digital camera, perhaps it is the retro design? I used to have a Canonette QL17 and an Oly OM2 that were both pleasurable to play with without taking any photos :LOL: I think it was something about a quality feeling mechanical device. Just turning the focus ring on the OM lenses was fun :shrug:

Yes. Some things just feel nice in the hand and the design is pure eye candy. I've not played with my X100 quite as much as I have the X10. The X10 makes me smile. I hope I'll feel the same way when the XE1 arrives!

They're saying stock may come to market a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. The bodies are already on the shelves in Hong Kong. My only slight reservation is the EVF but it's reported as being better than the current one (which is a relief, since I don't even use the current one, keeping it switched to OVF instead).

So, if I chose to buy from one of the Hong Kong smugglers, I could have an X-E1 tomorrow for a very nice price.

As it is, my backorder for a tax paid, legal version has no ETA because Fuji won't tell the UK when it's coming (and MAY have done a deal to give Jessops a head start).

Why do I pay tax again?

Like I say, smugglers are selling them cheap right now.

If I wanted the link juice I could buy one, use it for 15 mins and post my own review.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for Fuji to decide when or if I can pay a massive amount of tax instead.

On the review the focus seems to be getting another battering. I really wouldn't read too much into it. I walked around with the X-Pro at six in the morning over the weekend with the only light from a few street lamps. Focus was nailed fast and everytime with the 35mm. And this was often focusing on dark objects against a dark background.

Basically, people are idiots ;)

Also, I'm going to get a lot more hits to my site if I talk about problems than rave about it. And if I say I like something, everybody will assume Fuji paid me :D

Is it just me or do some of the shots posted by that reviewer on DigitalRev look overly noisy at pretty low (400/800) ISO?

http://www.digitalrev.com/photo_detail?id=11134590

I don't know what processing has been done so that could have contributed but the performance from my NEX-5 looks considerably better than those examples? I've been massively impressed by the High-ISO of the X100 so it seems strange for the X-E1 to be a backwards step?

Cheers
Steve

If it looks overly noisy at those trifling ISO's then something drastic must have been done in pp. I am amazed at how clean the pictures are at even 3200 ISO.

As I say, people are idiots ;)

This is the problem of one person playing with a camera and then rushing to write the first "review". Blacks are crushed in those pics. And one has an alarming red gradient. I'm gonna guess that's not the camera.

Not dissing them as shots - I rather like some of them. But as the basis of a review they are massively flawed.

Another email from Park saying Fuji won't tell them when they will be here.

It must really hurt to be an honest UK dealer paying taxes and stuff.

OK. So Park have Fuji X-E1s.

I have an order for an X-E1 + zoom lens. Park would love to sell one to me but of course have no stock of the lenses (lately because it appears they don't exist).

Fuji say Park ARE allowed to sell a camera to me - but because their zoom lens is delayed I either have to wait months or pay an extra £250.

Gee, thanks Fuji.

OK. So Park have Fuji X-E1s.

I have an order for an X-E1 + zoom lens. Park would love to sell one to me but of course have no stock of the lenses (lately because it appears they don't exist).

Fuji say Park ARE allowed to sell a camera to me - but because their zoom lens is delayed I either have to wait months or pay an extra £250.

Gee, thanks Fuji.

It is a bit stupid how Fuji has handled this, if they are to delay the zoom lens they should have pulled the kit with the zoom for a while. DigitalRev had a kit with the 35mm for 999 but it is now 1049 which is still a good deal I guess.

I have been wanting the zoom kit too but will now wait for a while till next year see if the prices drop a bit like they have for the XPro1.

Park offered me an X-E1 with 35mm or 18mm for £1,100 (including tax and warranty obvs). Which is fairly good but I already have them.

Park are being great but Fuji are saying either wait for the kit or buy the zoom at full price - which sucks.

What program are people processing RAW files with these Fuji cameras? I use Lightroom 4 is this likely to be a problem for satisfactory processing or is Fuji going to force me to use SilkyPix etc?

COME ON GUYS, really am disappointed in all of you, there is really only one question to ask

Black, or silver?

Fuji are defo making some sexy cameras. This and the x-pro are not very compact though which would be the only reason for me to buy a CSC.

The xe1 is not any less compact than an omd or gh/gx + lens. How I see it is that my m-5 body only weighs more than the xe1+ zoom lens while still keeping a fantastic sensor.

i thought silver but black is growing on me, I wont be able to order till this is sorted might have to make a pros and cons list of each colour.

Well, silver shows less marks and scratches in my opinion. And if it does get scratched, silver looks better. The XE-1 writing is more prominent (and slightly garish) on the black which is mostly what put me off. But honestly, you can't go wrong with either, the camera will still look good.

if you get black you can put black electrical tape over some of it and mask the branding and give it that used falling apart retro war camera look, i like that.

oh and does anyone think this can do a wedding?

if you get black you can put black electrical tape over some of it and mask the branding and give it that used falling apart retro war camera look, i like that.

Or Henri Cartier-Bresson wannabe look! Bit naff if you ask me.:)

The 18-55mm kits are in very short supply at the mo. I have a silver kit on order and hope it won't be too long before it arrives.

There will be a 23mm f1.4 early next year.

Andy, as far as I know the zoom kit hasn't even been released into the marketplace - adjustments had to be made to the zoom prototypes which delayed final production. Currently there are no dates as to when it will be available. Initially 5th November was the provisional release date, then 19th November was suggested, then 19th December ...... Fuji are yet to clarify when it will be. On the positive side, I'll have longer to save up for it!

My buyer is seeing the Fuji rep today so when i get back into work tomorrow i will have an idea of what the state of play is. If you are correct then I'll order a body and 35mm and wait for the zoom and get it nxt year. I'll keep you posted.

My buyer is seeing the Fuji rep today so when i get back into work tomorrow i will have an idea of what the state of play is. If you are correct then I'll order a body and 35mm and wait for the zoom and get it nxt year. I'll keep you posted.

I'll be interested in what he says - I spoke to a Fuji rep last week who couldn't tell me anything beyond what I've gleaned elsewhere. However I'm guessing those who pre-ordered first will get the first wave of kits as soon as they're released, and I suspect you're right in that initial supply may be limited.

Yeah I spoke to Fuji head office last week and they basically said there aren't any zooms in existence.

Really frustrating that they won't sell me a camera now and add the zoom when they can get it working. Well, they will. But they want another £250 or so.

BTW I think only a "well known high street retailer" will have the black bodies at first. So, silver then.

Back