Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

oh wow Fuji sensors..
These are taken with the sweet as silk Zeiss Touit 32mm @ 1.8 on the XE-1
i-MXfxTcJ-L.jpg

i-8Mbkj3C-L.jpg

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n141120_02.html

FUJIFILM Corporation will be releasing firmware upgrades for its premium interchangeable lens cameras; X-E2, X-Pro1 and X-E1 to enhance functionality.

Fujifilm is striving to keep the level of technology offered on this model as up to date as possible so that purchasers of X-series cameras will have greater longevity of use.

[ Firmware versions ]
FUJIFILM X-E2 : Version 3.00
FUJIFILM X-Pro1 : Version 3.40
FUJIFILM X-E1 : Version 2.40

18th December

Been wanting to do the 'bokeh/fairy lights' shot for a while, but never really had a lens that was fast enough to give me the results until I picked up the 35mm.

With limited space I had to shoot wide open to maximise the effect (f1.4), and with a fidgety baby and very shallow dof, it took a few shots till I got a pose I was happy with. Overall I'm happy with the results but would shoot stopped down a few if I had the room. C&C welcome

DSCF7997-3 by moran.simon, on Flickr

That's a great picture.

Whenever I get some new gear I wait for the first "WoW" shot and if and when it comes I decide the new kit was worthwhile :D

In your place I'd tell myself that the 35mm had just paid for itself :D

That's a great picture.

Whenever I get some new gear I wait for the first "WoW" shot and if and when it comes I decide the new kit was worthwhile :D

In your place I'd tell myself that the 35mm had just paid for itself :D

Thanks for the kind comments!

I'm not sure there is a better value for money lens right now, considering they can be picked up for around £260 with the Fuji cashback promotion. I'd love the AF to be a bit faster but isn't that always the case.

A quick test of a new toy, Rokkor 58mm f/1.4 - another candidate of the not-quite-the-fuji-xf56 club..

X-E2, Rokkor 58/1.4, VSCO

Seeing all these shots is making me very excited,, was going to buy a second hand xpro, but decided that the deal on the xe1 at Wex was too good to miss, so ordered and should be here this week

Seeing all these shots is making me very excited,, was going to buy a second hand xpro, but decided that the deal on the xe1 at Wex was too good to miss, so ordered and should be here this week

After being bitterly disappointed with the move from a 600d to a 70d, that was the point where I decided to give the xe2 a try. I can count the number of times I've found the fuji lacking on one hand. The main difference for me is that having something so small (relatively) that can produce stunning image quality, makes me far more likely to shoot. And on that basis alone, even taking into account DSLR faster AF speed, I get more keepers. Fingers crossed you'll enjoy it as much as I am.

Are you getting the 18-55 f2.8? It's a brilliant lens

After being bitterly disappointed with the move from a 600d to a 70d, that was the point where I decided to give the xe2 a try. I can count the number of times I've found the fuji lacking on one hand. The main difference for me is that having something so small (relatively) that can produce stunning image quality, makes me far more likely to shoot. And on that basis alone, even taking into account DSLR faster AF speed, I get more keepers. Fingers crossed you'll enjoy it as much as I am.

Are you getting the 18-55 f2.8? It's a brilliant lens

I've kept my 7d for the action shots of my dogs,,, the xe1 is going to be used more for landscapes etc,, and I've purposely gone this route because of the size weight issue, I'm pretty confident I will get out more.

I am getting the 18 - 55 and can also claim the 50 -200 I think

Think its the 50-230 you can claim, but could be wrong

So I got an X-E1 the other day with the 18-55 kit lens, coming from a Canon 20D with the 17-55.

I've always read that when you shoot RAW the images will need some adjustment in a RAW convertor and that is normal. However, using my 20D i always found they needed very little adjustment (i use Aperture), white balance and maybe a bit of contrast. After using my Fuji for the first time today i uploaded the few pictures i took and the RAW files have really washed out colours and took a lot more adjustment than i am used to. I was still able to get them looking how i want but i just wondered if this is something anyone else has experienced.
Anyway, I've already come to realised that the high ISO capability's of the Fuji are massively better than the 20D and I can't wait to get the 35mm prime for it :)

woods 1 by john_shears, on Flickr

Raw files have no inherent characteristics, there has to be a default processing during import. It could just be that the default import with your X-E1 files is less intense than that applied to your old 20D files.

Raw files have no inherent characteristics, there has to be a default processing during import. It could just be that the default import with your X-E1 files is less intense than that applied to your old 20D files.

That must be it, to be honest from what I've seen and read the Fuji JPEGs look awesome, I might not even bother with RAW next time.

There are some refurb X-E1 + 18-55mm kits in the Fuji store today. I bought one and there were 3 left..............

Circles..

X-E2, Rokkor 58/1.4

Re: Circles. I really like this, Alastair. Sometimes it's those simple, well-realised images that have the most impact. Less is more!

Thanks Sam. It wasn't the image I intended to take when I set out. Sometimes you just need to go with the flow and take the ideas that present themselves.

Back