Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

A Pano with a telephoto lens - that worked out well considering all the possibilities for camera shake :). I assume you had to turn off the OIS?

I am pretty used to tele panos now and often do them handheld but I have a tripod with me on this trip which makes things easier. OIS turned off only when I remember. It is the only thing I can complain about with the 50-230. Image quality is excellent but there isn't a little switch for OIS.

I am pretty used to tele panos now and often do them handheld but I have a tripod with me on this trip which makes things easier. OIS turned off only when I remember. It is the only thing I can complain about with the 50-230. Image quality is excellent but there isn't a little switch for OIS.

I remember when I first tried panoramas with my XT1/18-55 - I couldn't work out why it repeatedly failed (my X100 had worked fine with panos) and then later I read the manual and realized that the OIS had to be disabled first. You live and learn :)

I remember when I first tried panoramas with my XT1/18-55 - I couldn't work out why it repeatedly failed (my X100 had worked fine with panos) and then later I read the manual and realized that the OIS had to be disabled first. You live and learn :)

I have been doing stitched pans for years and I have never turned off ois. On some cameras you can not turn it off anyway.
most cameras that do sweep pans, turn it off as part of he process, though others do not.

OIS will not effect the stitching of the images, though it can effect images taken on a tripod as the the giro effect can cause the image to precess.

On long exposures on a tripod, it should be turned off if you can, or the image might smear slightly.

This is a shot of a hop burr in my garden. We brought it north to Saddleworth with us 27 years ago, as a reminder of the happy days my wife spent hop training and picking in her younger days. The burr is the precursor to the hop. and they are always very late up here. But she always had plenty to make a fresh garland to hang in the porch each year.

TAXE0372X-web by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Last edited:
X-E3 time soon, expected to be announced on Thursday, little bit smaller than the 1 and 2, no D pad, replaced by joystick and touch screen.
Also 24mp sensor as expected, no built in flash, but comes with separate EF-8 flash in the box.

Last edited:
New owner of an X-E2S, 35mm f1.4 and 18mm f2 here. Really impressed with the shots I've seen on this forum, hoping to add to them shortly.

Last edited:
I don't like touch screens either. A tilt screen would have been nice (for me) but would, of course add extra bulk and weight.

Not sure if this is final but Techradar have quoted:

"The X-E3 will be available later this month with a body-only price of £849, or as a kit with the 23mm f/2 lens for £1,149 or the 18-55mm f/2.8-4 for £1,249 in the UK."

I don't like touch screens either. A tilt screen would have been nice (for me) but would, of course add extra bulk and weight.

They added a tilt Screen to the X30 and it added thickness, but it is even nicer to hold than the X10 And X20.
I am sure that they could have fitted everything they needed into an X30 sized body The EVF is better positioned and better to view than the XE2.

Shot to go with this years Hop burr in post above #4688.
This years small hops from lower part of Bine., with some of last years dried hops, and genuine hop string from the 60's
Shot on a bread board made from Kentish elm felled after the Dutch elm disease disaster.
TAXE0411X by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Thread livener

This is Stow Maries in Essex, the only surviving WW1 aerodrome.
It was built along with two other bases to protect London and surrounding areas from Zeppelin bombing attacks.
They had little success until an incendiary round for the .303in Lewis gun was invented. This helped immensely and on one raid only two out of ten enemy airships made it home.

The restoration is a work in progress and more funds are needed to restore the remaining buildings.
Very interesting day out, the volunteers are very helpful, airmens mess tea and cakes are excellent, well worth a visit.

Main buildings including engine and body workshops, dope shed and blacksmiths

downloadfile.jpg

Thread livener

This is Stow Maries in Essex, the only surviving WW1 aerodrome.
It was built along with two other bases to protect London and surrounding areas from Zeppelin bombing attacks.
They had little success until an incendiary round for the .303in Lewis gun was invented. This helped immensely and on one raid only two out of ten enemy airships made it home.

The restoration is a work in progress and more funds are needed to restore the remaining buildings.
Very interesting day out, the volunteers are very helpful, airmens mess tea and cakes are excellent, well worth a visit.

Main buildings including engine and body workshops, dope shed and blacksmiths

View attachment 111219

Looks like all the telegraph poles are listing in the prevailing wind.
there would have been more white painted stones at one time. they were a feature of air stations.

Last edited:
Interesting shots
I am in two minds about silver efex. and since getting my new computer I have not reloaded it.
Though it always seems to give clean and detailed images, they seem to have a rather more processed look than I am comfortable with.
I usually prefer a wider and more natural distribution of tones, especially the deeper ones.

They do look over processed - I need to practice editing without using the presets :)

Liking the images in this thread.

Picked up an X-E2S with 18-55 lens from the Fuji Refurbished store last month. The rangefinder style and the X-E form factor appeals to me for travel and street photography and I love the Fuji approach to handling and image output but didn't want to pay full whack for the new X-E3.

Looks like a nice camera and there are absolutely no blemishes or marks on it. Suspect retailers have been returning unsold stock in advance of the X-E3 launch.

I own a X-10 which I love but find the small sensor and lack of EVF a bit limiting at times.

Will probably add a 23mm f2 sometime soon.

Liking the images in this thread.

Picked up an X-E2S with 18-55 lens from the Fuji Refurbished store last month. The rangefinder style and the X-E form factor appeals to me for travel and street photography and I love the Fuji approach to handling and image output but didn't want to pay full whack for the new X-E3.

Looks like a nice camera and there are absolutely no blemishes or marks on it. Suspect retailers have been returning unsold stock in advance of the X-E3 launch.

I own a X-10 which I love but find the small sensor and lack of EVF a bit limiting at times.

Will probably add a 23mm f2 sometime soon.

I started with an X-E2 and 18-55 - it's a great combo and I still have the lens. I don't think you can go far wrong with an 18-55 and the X-E2s :)

Quick word of warning, do not use Optech Mini QD loops threaded directly through the strap eyelet.

Lucky escape today when one broke, closer inspection showed it was frayed, not even that old.
I use the connectors that attach it to a rucksack so one side was left holding the camera, been a strap it would have fell.

Didn't realise it would chafe that much, so best to use the split rings supplied or something similar

Quick word of warning, do not use Optech Mini QD loops threaded directly through the strap eyelet.

Lucky escape today when one broke, closer inspection showed it was frayed, not even that old.
I use the connectors that attach it to a rucksack so one side was left holding the camera, been a strap it would have fell.

Didn't realise it would chafe that much, so best to use the split rings supplied or something similar
I have used home made loops through the lugs on my camera for three or four years now, and they have no sign of fraying.. However I do check them regularly. and would replace them with new ones, if they had a problem
I make them from 2mm nylon cord.

Last edited:

That's worth knowing - often thought of dispensing with those infernal triangular split rings.

Nice one, so much better without the fun fair rides in front of them

Thanks, some odd reflections from the museum glass window (the glass isn't vertical), but on the whole quite pleased with it.

Agree about the funfair:-

170819 Liverpool - Memories Made Together
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

though it did mean that The Three Graces were lit up in colour at night!

170821 Albert Dock 235.1
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

And the clock on the Liver Building was working in the original shot, stopped at just after 12 now!!!

Last edited:
Some compensation, but what were they thinking with that tawdry funfair?
Just checked my photos from July and the clock was working then by the looks of it

Just ordered a K&F adaptor to try out a couple of my Nikkor primes on my XE2s. In particular I'm looking to see how I get on with it and my 35mm prime for some street photography.

I've never used the lens a great deal on my Nikon bodies for one reason or another, probably because the 35mm is a little long for what I like to do.

Bought an X-E3 from digitalrev last week, I also picked up a 50mm F2 from the refurb store. I had this combo with me in Dublin at the weekend. First impressions, I'm not loving the touch screen. Being a left eye shooter my nose keeps changing the settings. Otherwise I love the form factor and output from the 24mpx sensor. The 50mm F2 is a fantastic lens, it's not a FL I've used much up to this point, but I can see it getting more use. I had my 55-200mm on the X-E3 during the Ireland v Argentina rugby match, I haven't had a chance to upload the photos onto my macbook, but I seem to have missed focus on quite a few shots during the game. Hopefully I'll get them uploaded this week and be able to post a few here.

Bought an X-E3 from digitalrev last week, I also picked up a 50mm F2 from the refurb store. I had this combo with me in Dublin at the weekend. First impressions, I'm not loving the touch screen. Being a left eye shooter my nose keeps changing the settings. Otherwise I love the form factor and output from the 24mpx sensor. The 50mm F2 is a fantastic lens, it's not a FL I've used much up to this point, but I can see it getting more use. I had my 55-200mm on the X-E3 during the Ireland v Argentina rugby match, I haven't had a chance to upload the photos onto my macbook, but I seem to have missed focus on quite a few shots during the game. Hopefully I'll get them uploaded this week and be able to post a few here.

personally i see the main benefit of touch screen being on the models with a flippy screen and when the camera is not at eye level. That and navigating the menu.

personally i see the main benefit of touch screen being on the models with a flippy screen and when the camera is not at eye level. That and navigating the menu.
Yeah I agree, I think Fuji messed up not putting a tilt/swivel LCD on the X-E3, I've disabled the touch screen and am now using the Q button for film sims etc, I'm using the front control dial to switch iso.

Still waiting on the xe3 to appear in the refurbishment store...
If the X100F is anything to go by it will be likely cheaper buying new from Digitalrev. The X100F is £999 on the refurb store and £959 on DR. The X-E3 is £779 delivered, you may even find a discount code if you Google it.

Back