Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Hi all, new to the forum, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this!

I've just got myself an X-E2, does anyone know of anywhere (or happen to be themselves) selling an affordable AF lens for it?

Not wanting to spend a fortune just something I can stick on the camera to make it easier to use for other family members.

TIA!
Since you're a new member to the forum and so cannot yet buy or sell here, I would suggest you look on MPB, Ffordes, or any reputable dealer web site. It would help if you could tell us what sort of focal length you prefer. A good starting point for the X-E2 would be the 27mm, which is small, relatively cheap, and optically very good.

Oops just noticed you're a new member, haven't had my coffee yet, sorry :(

Amazon seem to be offering XE3 & 15-45 zoom setup for £619.99 to pre-order. Normal price is £879 - what's going on??? Even Fuji Refurb prices this at £699

Last edited:
Amazon seem to be offering XE3 & 15-45 zoom setup for £619.99 to pre-order. Normal price is £879 - what's going on??? Even Fuji Refurb prices this at £699
Must be an error. It has a price of £879 when you buy it from Camera Centre UK through Amazon............why would you be able to pre-order it direct from Amazon at a lower price if its available immediately from another seller?

Must be an error. It has a price of £879 when you buy it from Camera Centre UK through Amazon............why would you be able to pre-order it direct from Amazon at a lower price if its available immediately from another seller?

Well, I've ordered one so we'll see

Passing through Kings Cross Station the other day with XE-2s and 23mm f2 - I did a vertical pano in the concourse. Bit of a rush job as I was en route to Euston to catch a connection there.

43181495095_f5819f3eae_z.jpg

As I said, we'll wait and see what happens - but now the price has gone back up to £879. So somebody's head will roll

Last edited:
looking forward to joining this group tomorrow when my X-E3 and 18mm f/2 arrives.

I mainly shoot in the mountains while walking and climbing (blog: http://mp-m.uk), but hoping that this will re-invigorate my enjoyment photography outside of the mountains. I used to shoot with Canon DSLRs but for the past 8 years have been downsizing in aid of having a smaller camera for climbing. However a few years ago I realised that I had maybe gone too far and started to upsize again (Canon 1D3 -> Panasonic GX1 -> Sony RX100 -> Panasonic LX100). Very much looking forward to having a system camera again, just need to find the money to slowly build up a set of lenses.

looking forward to joining this group tomorrow when my X-E3 and 18mm f/2 arrives.

I mainly shoot in the mountains while walking and climbing (blog: http://mp-m.uk), but hoping that this will re-invigorate my enjoyment photography outside of the mountains. I used to shoot with Canon DSLRs but for the past 8 years have been downsizing in aid of having a smaller camera for climbing. However a few years ago I realised that I had maybe gone too far and started to upsize again (Canon 1D3 -> Panasonic GX1 -> Sony RX100 -> Panasonic LX100). Very much looking forward to having a system camera again, just need to find the money to slowly build up a set of lenses.

Remember there are diminishing returns when you get to fast or long lenses. Optics mean those lenses are going to be big/heavy no matter that your camera body is small and light.

Remember there are diminishing returns when you get to fast or long lenses. Optics mean those lenses are going to be big/heavy no matter that your camera body is small and light.

Yea, thankfully wide should be fine for most of what I want to do. Will probably try and pick up a 35mm prime as well, which should then cover me for most of what I want to shoot in the mountains. If I wanted to do zoom stuff I wouldn't be buying a tiny body :)

Yea, thankfully wide should be fine for most of what I want to do. Will probably try and pick up a 35mm prime as well, which should then cover me for most of what I want to shoot in the mountains. If I wanted to do zoom stuff I wouldn't be buying a tiny body :)
I've got a 35mm f1.4 for sale in classifieds... ;)

Well look what arrived from Amazon today:-

X-E3_600px.jpg

I have to admit, I was sceptical when Amazon advertised this kit for just £619.99 when everyone else in the UK was selling them for £879 - but I pre-ordered one and low and behold Amazon delivered it. What's more is that they advised me that their 'price promise' (where they'll give you the lower price if the item is reduced whilst on pre-order) reduced the price by another £10.99 to just £609. I'm sure they got this mixed up with the X-T100 and 15-45 kit but hey ho, I'm not complaining

How are you finding the 15-45 ? I had one but returned it. My 23mm F2 is pretty much permanently attached to my X-E3

How are you finding the 15-45 ? I had one but returned it. My 23mm F2 is pretty much permanently attached to my X-E3

Well, I've only had the camera/lens a few hours but I'm quite pleasantly surprised. I was expecting the lens to be slow and clunky but it's OK - it's also sharp.

X-E3 Test by Andrew R, on Flickr

Just a quick and dirty snap of some Sedum.

What I was after was an X100F with a zoom lens for walkabout and so far, this combination seems as close as possible to that ideal. Yeah, I'm quite pleased ATM.

Last edited:
Well look what arrived from Amazon today:-

View attachment 133512

I have to admit, I was sceptical when Amazon advertised this kit for just £619.99 when everyone else in the UK was selling them for £879 - but I pre-ordered one and low and behold Amazon delivered it. What's more is that they advised me that their 'price promise' (where they'll give you the lower price if the item is reduced whilst on pre-order) reduced the price by another £10.99 to just £609. I'm sure they got this mixed up with the X-T100 and 15-45 kit but hey ho, I'm not complaining

Great result (y)

I am always surprised at the quality of the Xc 50-230 on my Xe2

Took this the other day at 89mm FF equivalent 1/600 f4.7 (Very near wide open) and a 100% crop.... considering I only paid £130 for it as a grey import the results are astonishing... I have never seen one so cheap since though.
_TXE4457Xcropweb by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

I’m looking at shrinking my Canon kit and the X-E3 is looking like the best option. However one thing that I haven’t been able to find out it if I can do back button focus - this is something used to and could be a deal breaker.

I’m looking at shrinking my Canon kit and the X-E3 is looking like the best option. However one thing that I haven’t been able to find out it if I can do back button focus - this is something used to and could be a deal breaker.
I dont have an x-e3 but i'm fairly certain you can.

Thanks, do you (or anyone else) know which button it is? Does it fall easily to hand?

Another question to help me decide between an X-E3 and an X-T20 - can you transfer raw images to the Bluetooth connected smartphone? Or is it only JPEG?

Thanks, do you (or anyone else) know which button it is? Does it fall easily to hand?

Another question to help me decide between an X-E3 and an X-T20 - can you transfer raw images to the Bluetooth connected smartphone? Or is it only JPEG?

I believe it can be assigned to the af-l button. Thats the button it is if you set to manual focus but want to over-ride it.

As for the BT transfer, i think its just jpg.

X-e3 vs x-t20 will be personal taste. I prefer a rangefinder body, but at the same time, a flippy screen is very valuable to me.

Yeah, there’s little difference between them. I thought the Bluetooth may have been handy, but I only shoot raw. I like the robustness of no flippy screen/flash that I wouldn’t use, but can see how the screen would help with different view points.

The Fuji Camera Remote can only deal with Jpegs
Thanks, having done a bit more research it seems like the whole Bluetooth implementation isn't great, so maybe not a deciding factor.

One from today's walk around Droxford in Hampshire - this is the River Meon which is one of Hampshire's famous chalk streams and a very important habitat. Needless to say, my dog shows no respect for all that.

River Meon by Andrew R, on Flickr

Back