Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Looking forward to rejoining the Fuji fold as I’ve just purchased a x-e2s after a few months in the wilderness! I really haven’t got along with any camera as much as this and always regretted selling my original one. Just got the 18-55 lens for now but I’m so happy to be reunited with the kit again.

Had a superb walk along the Hampshire Downs today - brilliant sunshine, blue sky, lovely scenery and a good pub at the end - what more could you ask for!!

Beech Wood by Andrew R, on Flickr

The Beech trees aren't quite at their best yet - but still very colourful

Hampshire Downs at Stoughton by Andrew R, on Flickr

Stoughton Village (and the pub) in the distance.

Last edited:
The first 100% clip is from the attempt using Photoshop in auto mode to Focus blend a 9 shot stack.
The second is the same images stacked with Tufuse pro in auto mode. which has done a far better job with out any outline blur.
the third and fourth are from a new set of 20 images using Tufuse pro.
No manual adjustments were made to any of the Focus blends.

9-stack-PS-100 by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

9-stack-tufuse-100 by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

20-stack-tufuse-100 by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

20-stack-pentax tufuse web by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

I converted from raw and aligned all images using photoshop prior to merging.
The 9 and 20 shot differ in colour because the part daylight had faded by the time I shot the second 20 set.
I have not attempted to correct for this as this was not a colour test.

Last edited:
can anyone help, My XE-2 won`t connect to the remote camera app. and i can`t connect directly to the mac, any advice would be grateful as getting extremely frustrated.

I need some help regarding the use of a non Fuji macro lens with my X-t3. A while back I bought a tampon sp 90mm f2.5 macro lens, https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2928913941...1%26rvr_ts%3D247280821680ab1d1a601e9effc5321a

I also bought a tampon to fx adaptor like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Pixco-Tamr...dapter-X-t1-X-e1-X-pro1-X-m1-X-e2/21008783789

I see an image through the viewfinder and the manual focus works perfectly. When I turn the aperture ring it doesn’t stop down completely, the aperture blades work perfectly when lens is not attached to the mount. Also the shutter release doesn’t work when the lens is attached to the camera. Is there a solution to this as I would like to use the Tamron lens for macro photography at it is very good

I need some help regarding the use of a non Fuji macro lens with my X-t3. A while back I bought a tampon sp 90mm f2.5 macro lens, https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/292891394159?chn=ps&ul_ref=https%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-134428-41853-0%2F2%3Fmpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fi%252F292891394159%253Fchn%253Dps%26itemid%3D292891394159%26targetid%3D595627779833%26device%3Dt%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D1006834%26poi%3D%26campaignid%3D1660961668%26adgroupid%3D69691776891%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-595627779833%26abcId%3D1140496%26merchantid%3D110818347%26gclid%3DCj0KCQiA68bhBRCKARIsABYUGidJ9GLpm-fVuErilIUD2F1NVMBXV0JoTErPZCWD0nt3IyizutSNtloaAhF_EALw_wcB%26srcrot%3D710-134428-41853-0%26rvr_id%3D1809447144021%26rvr_ts%3D247280821680ab1d1a601e9effc5321a

I also bought a tampon to fx adaptor like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Pixco-Tamr...dapter-X-t1-X-e1-X-pro1-X-m1-X-e2/21008783789

I see an image through the viewfinder and the manual focus works perfectly. When I turn the aperture ring it doesn’t stop down completely, the aperture blades work perfectly when lens is not attached to the mount. Also the shutter release doesn’t work when the lens is attached to the camera. Is there a solution to this as I would like to use the Tamron lens for macro photography at it is very good

The shutter release won't work unless you select "shoot without lens" from the camera menu.

If I remember correctly the adaptall lenses have a lever at the back which allows the lens to stop down, you may need to find a way to lock it in position.
It's been a while since I had an adaptall lens though so I could be wrong.

Thanks, I found the shoot without lens setting. With the current set up the aperture goes down to 5.6 with the adapter.

Has anyone gone from an XE2 to an XE3?

Reason I ask is I really want to and finally got to play with the XE3 last week and it almost felt like it was too small to be comfortable to hold with the 23mm F1.4 or the 55-200 zoom, I’m totally gutted at the moment as I like the offset viewfinder of the XE range so am a bit lost as to what to do.

I could xpro2 but I don’t see the point in paying for an optical viewfinder I won’t ever use.

Reason I ask is I really want to and finally got to play with the XE3 last week and it almost felt like it was too small to be comfortable to hold with the 23mm F1.4 or the 55-200 zoom, I’m totally gutted at the moment as I like the offset viewfinder of the XE range so am a bit lost as to what to do.

I could xpro2 but I don’t see the point in paying for an optical viewfinder I won’t ever use.

I never used the optical in the x-pro 2. The camera is very well built though and you should be able to find a used one for around £700.

I mainly use my X-E3 with lightweight lenses like the XC15-45 PZ & XC 50-230 zoom and of course the tiny XF27. This makes a great lightweight package for traveling and the results from the XC lenses are superb. The XE-3 is better suited to the lighter lenses imo. I use my X-T2 for heavier glass.

Your best bet is to add a grip if you want to use larger lenses on an XE body. The situation doesn't much improve on an X-Pro without a grip anyway.

On the other hand, you'll never get an XT being as compact as an XE with 18 or 27mm on it!

X-pro2 is about much more than the optical viewfinder, in fact I hardly ever use it
Weather resistant for a start, two card slots and just a totally different feel to the XE series.
I have had a fair selection of Fuji X-Trans cameras and its my favourite of them all
Feels just right with the 10-24 which is my most used lens, mine has the added grip for a better hold and the Arca plate

Last edited:

When I looked at the features of the XE3 there was not much that I liked about it over my XE2. I do not like nose operated touch screens even when compared to finger operated ones....
It is also unnecessarily small. Over all I prefer the XE2 with V4 firmware.

When I looked at the features of the XE3 there was not much that I liked about it over my XE2. I do not like nose operated touch screens even when compared to finger operated ones....

For me, the benefits are (1) compactness & lightweight for walking and (2) 24 mp which allows so much more freedom to crop. You could argue that I shouldn't need to crop if I composed properly but then I'm a crap photographer:)

For me, the benefits are (1) compactness & lightweight for walking and (2) 24 mp which allows so much more freedom to crop. You could argue that I shouldn't need to crop if I composed properly but then I'm a crap photographer:)

I used to be very happy with a 6MP walk about camera, so 16 MP is more than enough for me. as to size a XE3 is now too small to support my favourite 18-55 F2.8-4.0 and I even have a permanent L bracket on my Xe2.
if I want to take a smaller camera, I settle for my Fuji X30 which is just about an Ideal compromise for me.

Last edited:
I never used the optical in the x-pro 2. The camera is very well built though and you should be able to find a used one for around £700.

Agreed I thought the build was the best of the 3 I tried out - didn't realise I could get one for £700 ish, the refurb XE3 is £549 so it isn't much of a step up, thanks!

I mainly use my X-E3 with lightweight lenses like the XC15-45 PZ & XC 50-230 zoom and of course the tiny XF27. This makes a great lightweight package for traveling and the results from the XC lenses are superb. The XE-3 is better suited to the lighter lenses imo. I use my X-T2 for heavier glass.

That was my fear, it looked like it was made for the lighter lenses and I've no intentions of using them - I love my 23mm F1.4 far too much :D

Your best bet is to add a grip if you want to use larger lenses on an XE body. The situation doesn't much improve on an X-Pro without a grip anyway.

On the other hand, you'll never get an XT being as compact as an XE with 18 or 27mm on it!

It's not the compactness that appeals to me, its the offset viewfinder and I tried a grip on an original Xpro once and didn't like the feel, made me think the camera losts its charm a little - a rubbish reason I know but I'm not a pro photographer so the look is important to me.

X-pro2 is about much more than the optical viewfinder, in fact I hardly ever use it
Weather resistant for a start, two card slots and just a totally different feel to the XE series.
I have had a fair selection of Fuji X-Trans cameras and its my favourite of them all
Feels just right with the 10-24 which is my most used lens, mine has the added grip for a better hold and the Arca plate

Another vote for the Xpro 2 - what's it like for video? I don't do much but I've never heard a good thing said about Fuji and video until I read a review of the XT3.

This :agree:

I do love my XE2 and I very rarely crop images so it meets all my current needs, I just wanted to try a 24+ megapixel camera and would like to have 2 bodies so I can give one to my kids at the right time.

The only time I find the XE2 lacking is I was official photographer for Parkrun a few weeks ago and moving objects (people) is still hit and miss, too much for my liking. I suppose it doesn't really matter as you just take more shots but I'm trying to improve my accuracy and there a couple of shots I so wanted to get right but the camera hunting made me miss them - I can still see the shots in my minds eye :(

Thanks for all the replies everyone - not sure which way to go at the moment (y)

One from a couple of weeks back when in Venice. I toddled off to St Marks Square at first light - it was only a 5 minute walk from the hotel - to get a somewhat cliched shot of the gondolas at the waters edge.

Two or three togs with tripods were out and about but it was very quiet and the light was magical.

X-E2s and XF 18-55

Venice - First Light by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back