Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

In Verona for a couple of weeks working. Sunday was a hot day and the city was heaving with visitors coming in to see the final stage and team time trials of the Giro D’Italia cycle race.

Lots of guys out with assorted cameras. One stopped me having spotted that I had a Fuji camera.

Nope he didn’t have a Fuji.

His was a Nikon.

But he insisted on taking a picture of my Fuji X E2s

My wife was completely baffled.

Tbh, so was I.

Anyone using an XC 15-45? Would be grateful for your views on it.

Many thanks,
AL

Anyone using an XC 15-45? Would be grateful for your views on it.

Many thanks,
AL
Yes, I've had one since September when I bough an X-E3. It's fine once you get used to the lens powering up and down - personally, I wish it was just a manual zoom but hey ho. The optics are good and images sharp as long as you make sure it is focused on the subject but I suppose that applies to any lens. No issues with it really - very lightweight and easy to carry which is important to me.

Thanks Andrew. I've just ordered a 27mm and will probably get the 15-45 zoom for its small size.

AL

Have just snagged a brand new/unused X-E2 which I'm going to try to use for monochrome only. At almost 75 years old I'm still a novice (!) so would be grateful for any pointers regarding suitable camera settings for B&W.

Many thanks,
AL

Have just snagged a brand new/unused X-E2 which I'm going to try to use for monochrome only. At almost 75 years old I'm still a novice (!) so would be grateful for any pointers regarding suitable camera settings for B&W.

Many thanks,
AL

If you’re using jpeg. Mono with R, highlights-1, shadows +2 is a good starting point.

Well my brief return to a Fuji X-E2 hasn't gone well. I realise now why I went back to a Nikon DSLR some time ago - the controls are too small for my aged fingers! I'll probably put this in the Classifieds soon :(

Well my brief return to a Fuji X-E2 hasn't gone well. I realise now why I went back to a Nikon DSLR some time ago - the controls are too small for my aged fingers! I'll probably put this in the Classifieds soon :(

Blimey, I'm 6'4'' with hands like shovels and they're fine for me - sorry it hasn't gone well though.

Sorry, didn’t see you’d sold it! My settings do give the mono images more of a film “feel” though.

Sorry, didn’t see you’d sold it! My settings do give the mono images more of a film “feel” though.

It hasn't sold yet ;)

Thanks very much for those extra settings. I am trying to persevere with this camera even though it's up for sale. I will try it today without the half case fitted to see if that will make a difference. Certainly won't be put out if I have to keep it :)

It hasn't sold yet ;)

Thanks very much for those extra settings. I am trying to persevere with this camera even though it's up for sale. I will try it today without the half case fitted to see if that will make a difference. Certainly won't be put out if I have to keep it :)
Why not get an extended front grip for it? It should feel more like you are holding a DSLR.

Just acquired a 50mm f2.

A dinky little lens to go with my 23mm f2 and 18-55mm zoom.

Looking forward to exploring its capabilities married to my XE2-S

Meantime here are a couple taken back in May and June in Italy with the 23mm.

(I've been in Italy a LOT of late because of work...............but I'm not complaining)

Love In The Light
by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

In the Piazza Bra
by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Last edited:
Spent a lovely day in Dorset yesterday - just one camera and one lens (X-E3 & XF35/1.4) - it's the way I like to travel:-

Kingston Lacy
Kingston Lacy, Dorset by Andrew R, on Flickr

Shepherds hut in the meadow
Shepherds' Hut, Kingston Lacy, Dorset by Andrew R, on Flickr

Poppies on the allotments
Poppies on the Allotment by Andrew R, on Flickr

And at the end of the day - welcome refreshment at Wareham Quay
Wareham Quay by Andrew R, on Flickr

The X-E3 and XF35/1.4 is a great combo

Can’t argue with that.

Just picked up a used Fuji X-E3 for when the D810 is too big/heavy or when I want a digital backup when using medium format film.

I've not got any native fuji lenses yet as I've not nailed down the best choices for my use. I normally take a 20mm f1.8 & 55mm f2.8 macro along with an 80-200 f2.8 for the nikon but I'm quite conscious of the fact that the fuji equivalent of my 80-200 is almost as heavy. The 14mm f2.8 prime matches the 20mm albeit a bit slower and a 35mm would match the 55 albeit not a macro. It’d be nice if they did an f4 version of the 50-140.

Last edited:
I couldn't tempt you with an X-E2 or X-E3 ?

Just picked up a used Fuji X-E3 for when the D810 is too big/heavy or when I want a digital backup when using medium format film.

I've not got any native fuji lenses yet as I've not nailed down the best choices for my use. I normally take a 20mm f1.8 & 55mm f2.8 macro along with an 80-200 f2.8 for the nikon but I'm quite conscious of the fact that the fuji equivalent of my 80-200 is almost as heavy. The 14mm f2.8 prime matches the 20mm albeit a bit slower and a 35mm would match the 55 albeit not a macro. It’d be nice if they did an f4 version of the 50-140.
The X-E3 and the 23mm F2 are a great combo.

Always loved the way my X-T1 performed and the lenses are all sublime wether XF or the cheaper XC. I just couldn't get on with the way it rendered grass and rocks etc (worms).
I know it's an old, old topic and some say they can see the Wormerly effect but I could and could never unseen it.
Yes I know it gets worse with over sharpening and yes I know it's down to the software being used i.e light room or photoshop for instance but I could still see the worms on the SOOC jpegs and uprocessed RAWs.

Do the newer sensors, of such as the X-E3 still suffer from the same thing please. Very tempted by an X-E3 or maybe an X-T2 but not if they still render the same?

Last edited:
Worms appear to have been an artefact of the processing using adobe tools. It's heavily related to sharpening based on what I've read. I saw them when using ACR but I've had no such problems when using capture one or raw therapee. I have seen the occasional artefact caused by the colour filter array, but it's usually so small as to be meaningless and usually is related to moire and tiny text on signs.

Worms appear to have been an artefact of the processing using adobe tools. It's heavily related to sharpening based on what I've read. I saw them when using ACR but I've had no such problems when using capture one or raw therapee. I have seen the occasional artefact caused by the colour filter array, but it's usually so small as to be meaningless and usually is related to moire and tiny text on signs.
Thank you but there-in lies my problem. I have invested too much time learning photoshop now to give up on it, not to mention the initial outlay to buy it. I tried rawtherapee and also darktable and can't get on with the work flow.
I guess fuji just isn't for me then.

Back