Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I'm totally rocking it in Cornwall today. So many geeks with DSLRs and kit lenses taking pictures of shops and old people in bikinis. Me? Just letting my silver x-e2 with Gariz half case hang free by its beautiful brown hand crafted footprint strap. So cool.

Sitting at a different pub in Brixham harbour now. Just watched someone with a Canon 1200 or something like one taking a shot of the whole harbour and the flash popped up, probably lit the whole scene but I'm going to stick with sunny sixteen if I ever take a shot.

Sunny 16? Really? Personally I think that in camera meters and in view histograms are just so good I just wouldn't even consider sunny 16.

I might get an old light meter too and wave it around randomly before not taking a shot. You can definitely get away with that sort of behaviour when using a Fuji.
You'd have to make sure it's not in the shadow of your trendy beard first

If I'm being honest, after this many pints I can't trust my judgement for much more than when to visit the toilets so everything's on auto now.

:D

I'm a bit anal about not blowing highlights although doing so seems almost the fashion these days so I'd much rather trust a histogram than sunny 16.

I might get an old light meter too and wave it around randomly before not taking a shot. You can definitely get away with that sort of behaviour when using a Fuji.

Nearly bought another lightmeter this morning in Mifsuds. I was advised that there were great apps available that did the same thing. I pointed out that wouldn't look as cool. I'm going for the full hip retro look, even my face used to be retro.

I'm sporting some maroon rolled up shorts today and a stripey tee. Silver soft release and thumb grip attached BTW. I look so cool these dudes had to look away.

View attachment 40523

Actual LOL's.

Chequered shorts and flip flops for me. So kool i iz freezin' innit. (especially now the sun has dropped, I'm contemplating putting a cardi on and some corduroy's.)

2 kool 4 skool, yo.

Actual LOL's.

Chequered shorts and flip flops for me. So kool i iz freezin' innit. (especially now the sun has dropped, I'm contemplating putting a cardi on and some corduroy's.)

2 kool 4 skool, yo.

Sick, yo!1

Well I am sitting in sun near Cadiz with a beer whilst someone nice cooks my tea reading this fun stuff and I think you are all barking.. ..but cool obviously :)

Obvs! :D

Like #1 muchly. What filters are you using?

Thanks. These had two filters - Hoya ProND 1000 (10 stops) and Hoya Graduated ND10 (3 stops darkest and 1 stop lightest).

I have set myself a max filter ring size of 58mm, as for me if I start to go larger on the lenses I might as well be carrying a DSLR. The 58mm allows me my three main lenses 14mm, 18-55mm and 50-230mm. So I have a bunch of 58mm filters, 3 stop, 6 stop, 10 stop, ND10, R72, polariser etc

Last edited:

I think the filter has really softened the images.....made them a bit mushy....

What were you thinking was the benefit of using the filter for these?

Sorry for being critical :(

Have you any to compare against that were just taken without the filter?

I think the filter has really softened the images.....made them a bit mushy....

What were you thinking was the benefit of using the filter for these?

Sorry for being critical :(

Have you any to compare against that were just taken without the filter?

Jeff, any comments are welcome! It was quite a dull day, though warm, but very windy. I used the filters to try to remove waves and balance the sky a bit. Originally I had dramatic monochrome in my head, but IMO they didn't work well when turned to mono. At the moment I'm not sure if the filters or the processing turned them 'mushy' but I will look into it. I have some others that are less heavily processed, but all of this dam were with the filters, I was very time limited, but will definitely revisit.

Thanks for your input

David aka Mr Perceptive

Back