Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Well thats the bodies picked up and off to mpb. Theyre such a good company to deal with no bother at all. Roll on next week when they send my new baby lol....and i ordered a wee battery grip as well as you do
I thought that when I was selling my canon kit and MPB emailed me very quickly and offered me good prices but when I agreed to the prices and said its ok for a courier to pick them up... I havent heard nothing since and this has been 3 weeks now.

It doesnt matter as I sold it to a friend for the same price now.

Ah right I was dealing with Olivier, after numerous emails to ask if there was any updates I had no reply. I think I had bad luck who answered my first email. Oh well Im not overly bothered as I got the price I wanted for my kit but from a different source :)

I had the hand grips on the 2 bodies i traded in. Just third party ones. Made camera much easier to hold. Theyre redundant now. Just took delivery of the Nissin i40 flashgun. Well built in a nice compact size. Havent had chance to try it much yet but will let you know

Last edited:
Which hand grips Karen and how much for one? Thanks.
Hiya David. To be honest I cant remember what make they are I bought them off ebay they weren't a fortune.. Well made though and did the job. I don't have the part that goes on the opposite side from the shutter as I removed it as I had no need for it on camera. If you're happy with that pm me your details and I'll post you one. Hope this is ok on here if not I'll put it on classifieds dont want to be breaking the rules.

Hi Karen that's very kind of you indeed! I'm guessing we should do this through the classifieds though.

If it doesn't suit my needs then i would be happy to return the favour and pass it on accordingly.

I've already created a thread in the feedback section, but I know you guys here like some Fuji pics, so here it is:

Took my Fuji X-E1 with the 18-55XF to a concert a few days ago. It was the first time I used it in such a low lit environment, and I was very pleased with it (mainly because of the ISOs I could use, way above what my old 40D could do :p ).

Although I was using ISO 3200, some pictures turned out dark (lighting wasn't the best), so I might have exagerated in the shadows slider in lightroom... I'll leave some here, but you can see the full album on Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHskeowqJ3

Concerto Solidário Casa da Música
by Joao Norim, no Flickr

by Joao Norim, no Flickr

by Joao Norim, no Flickr

by Joao Norim, no Flickr

As an amateur, I know these aren't perfect, but your feedback is welcome, and the only way for me to get better at it :)
Once again, full album on Flickr

Best regards

Last edited:
I'm having a few troubles...

I think the 23mm is too big on the xe2, I might replace it with the 18mm or the 27mm, or maybe just the 35mm and shoot differently, especially as I'm not enjoying the 23mm'd depth of field, probably since I'm comparing it to a 35mm 1.4, where you get width and shallow depth of field, comparing the 23mm against the sony 35 1.4 (I know it's ridiculously more expensive...) but the deph of field seems to be more equivalent to f2.8 than to f2 (maybe 2.2/2.5), you can certainly get
Bokeh, but you have to get in quite close, so I feel the 35mm might work better for this kind of shooting anyway

All I want is a true 35mm f2, or 35mm f2 equivalent- maybe mitakon will make a 23mm 0.95 that will solve all my problems, or maybe sony will release a successor to the rx1, or someone will release a 35 f2 for e mount...

The quality of the rear screen...compared to the sony a7 it's rubbish, and then comparing the a7 to a canon 5d3/6d the a7 screen looks crap and the xe2 looks even worse. Is the xt1 xt10 any better? The first time I used the xe2 I was expecting the worst after seeing them on the screen but was pleasantly surprised by the quality when I got them onto the computer, but I want to feel confident I've got the shot before I get home, the bad colours and the inability to really show the full dynamic range of the shot make the camera unsuitable for me

Auto iso in manual mode. I'm used to the sony's ability here, I can set aperture and shutter speed, and auto iso controls exposure, which I can bias by using exposure comp, afaik the fuji won't do this, so I mainly shoot fully manual but in the fuji world it's an utter pain to have to press a button to then adjust iso, with sony I have it mapped to the wheel, instant control, and the iso reading doesn't obscure the entire screen

Evf is worlds better than the xe1 but still isn't as good as the a7, especially in low light where the xe2 completely falls apart and the a7 holds up, but I remember the a7s I used being so good it made the a7 look broken by comparison. Is the xt1 any better in low light? Or is it just the same evf but magnified a bit

I don't think I like the shutter wheel as much as I thought I would, admittedly I have 200,000 shots with the dial based 5d and a7 but I just can't seem to find a groove with the shutter wheel- maybe the xt1 can have shutter control on a dial? The xt1 has 3 dials- can you get it to shutter on the front dial, iso on the back and aperture on the lens?

I think I can visualise my perfect camera system, and it's frustrating that it doesn't exist aha

Last edited:
I'm having a few troubles...

I think the 23mm is too big on the xe2, I might replace it with the 18mm or the 27mm, or maybe just the 35mm and shoot differently, especially as I'm not enjoying the 23mm'd depth of field, probably since I'm comparing it to a 35mm 1.4, where you get width and shallow depth of field, comparing the 23mm against the sony 35 1.4 (I know it's ridiculously more expensive...) but the deph of field seems to be more equivalent to f2.8 than to f2 (maybe 2.2/2.5), you can certainly get
Bokeh, but you have to get in quite close, so I feel the 35mm might work better for this kind of shooting anyway

All I want is a true 35mm f2, or 35mm f2 equivalent- maybe mitakon will make a 23mm 0.95 that will solve all my problems, or maybe sony will release a successor to the rx1, or someone will release a 35 f2 for e mount...

The quality of the rear screen...compared to the sony a7 it's rubbish, and then comparing the a7 to a canon 5d3/6d the a7 screen looks crap and the xe2 looks even worse. Is the xt1 xt10 any better? The first time I used the xe2 I was expecting the worst after seeing them on the screen but was pleasantly surprised by the quality when I got them onto the computer, but I want to feel confident I've got the shot before I get home, the bad colours and the inability to really show the full dynamic range of the shot make the camera unsuitable for me

Auto iso in manual mode. I'm used to the sony's ability here, I can set aperture and shutter speed, and auto iso controls exposure, which I can bias by using exposure comp, afaik the fuji won't do this, so I mainly shoot fully manual but in the fuji world it's an utter pain to have to press a button to then adjust iso, with sony I have it mapped to the wheel, instant control, and the iso reading doesn't obscure the entire screen

Evf is worlds better than the xe1 but still isn't as good as the a7, especially in low light where the xe2 completely falls apart and the a7 holds up, but I remember the a7s I used being so good it made the a7 look broken by comparison. Is the xt1 any better in low light? Or is it just the same evf but magnified a bit

I don't think I like the shutter wheel as much as I thought I would, admittedly I have 200,000 shots with the dial based 5d and a7 but I just can't seem to find a groove with the shutter wheel- maybe the xt1 can have shutter control on a dial? The xt1 has 3 dials- can you get it to shutter on the front dial, iso on the back and aperture on the lens?

I think I can visualise my perfect camera system, and it's frustrating that it doesn't exist aha

Is this not better asked in an XT1 thread rather than the XE1/2 thread?

I haven't tried the XE-2 but have owned the XE-1, Xpro & XT1. I found the XT1 EVF a little better than the A7 but this was only comparing for around a 30 minute play as I was looking to change the XT1 and had gone to the Sony centre to compare. Side by side comparisons for IQ I couldn't see much between them using the kit lenses on both the A7 & XT1 in daylight. The A7s maybe different @twist maybe able to help more as I believe he has owned both cameras. Rear screen on the XT1 was excellent IMO.

As for lenses, I liked the 18mm very much on my Xpros and found it fast to focus and was good for close ups. I have owned three 35mm and I have found them to be excellent performers on all bodies I have owned.. A little slower to focus than the 18mm but these were before the latest FW updates so things may have changed by now. My most used lens when using Fuji.

As for comparing the difference between FF & Crop it's usually the crop factor. So Fuji crop is 1.53 I believe, so f1.4 multiply by crop. 1.4 x 1.53 = f2.1.

Love the second shot Stuart although i think the little lad is a little underexposed. Not sure on the sky in the first and for me number three either needs to be closer or further away for me. Just my opinion though mate.

Some more 18mm being generally awesome.

Lily
by David Raynham, on Flickr

iso 6400

Lily
by David Raynham, on Flickr
I agree on the sky in the first, think i'll adjust it again. Thanks for the feedback, its all needed for the future :)

I'm absolutely loving the XE-1, 35mm on it now almost all of the time, have my itchy trigger on the button for a 23mm now!

Can someone please give me some way to put me off spending more money! PLEASE!!! :)

We went fruit picking today.... but I bloody forgot my camera!! Of course I saw a lot of photo opportunties, just my luck haha.

What kind of events etc do you guys take your fuji to?

Back