The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Partly as a back up body, partly for occasions where it's easier to have a prime on two bodies (the different layout of controls on the X-E* bodies made this a PITA for me) and partly because Mrs Sprout enjoys photography too so we have always had at least two cameras on the go at any time.

Oh! and SHINY NEW SHINY NEW :banana::banana::banana:

Wish my Mrs was into photography, haha.

Still lust over an X100s/t...

Wow, the X-T1 looks much better doesn't it?

Look forward to seeing more pics in this thread from the two!

Side by side it does. Don't think anyone would be disappointed with the 10 though it still feels like a quality camera.

Partly as a back up body, partly for occasions where it's easier to have a prime on two bodies (the different layout of controls on the X-E* bodies made this a PITA for me) and partly because Mrs Sprout enjoys photography too so we have always had at least two cameras on the go at any time.

Oh! and SHINY NEW SHINY NEW :banana::banana::banana:

I think that's one of the issues with having multiple cameras. I have two MFT cameras which are slightly different and also my A7. I try to remember to check the operation and how to access the options I might want to use (how to move the focus point, select metering mode and lock exposure being the usual things) before going out... just so I don't fumble :D

I think that's one of the issues with having multiple cameras. I have two MFT cameras which are slightly different and also my A7. I try to remember to check the operation and how to access the options I might want to use (how to move the focus point, select metering mode and lock exposure being the usual things) before going out... just so I don't fumble :D

Yep, I had a sony RX100 for a short while as a pocket camera. Was well pleased with the images from such a tiny camera but on the rare occasions I used it, I couldn't work it! was going to get a Fuji XF1 to replace it as I can usually find my way around a Fuji but then they all committed suicide. I believe there are 3 of them still working around the country, 1 gets used infrequently with fingers crossed. The second was put in it's box while still working so Schrodinger's XF1 is both working and faulty and the third is in a Museum of curiosities.

Managed to resist the lure of a pre-owned 55-230 earlier today. I have the 55-200 but would like an extra inch or 2!!! Decided to wait for the repeatedly delayed ?-400 and suffer mm envy in the Fuji range. Luckily I'm more a wide angle gent so the wait isn't too hard.

Just mentally reviewing my Fuji kit list... X-10, 2x XF-1, X-30, X-Pro1, X-T1, 18, 10-24, 18-55, 55-200, 18-135 and I'm sure there are a couple of flashes somewhere too! FTR, no problems with the reputedly unreliable ones... Dare I say yet?!

<snip> FTR, no problems with the reputedly unreliable ones... Dare I say yet?!

:eek: Seen similar posts in the XF1 thread, usually a follow up post two weeks later.....................:wideyed:

It's always the same with any product fault, the internet would have us believe that every single one is the same. Hopefully you will never have a problem with them.

I'd be afraid to take a photo like that in case SWMBO saw it :eek:
To paraphrase the biking fraternity's maxim
There are two equations to establish the correct number of cameras to own. In both equations c is the correct number of cameras. The first is n + 1 = c where n is the number of cameras you currently own, or a - 1 = c where a is the number of cameras at which your significant other will leave you.
At the last count for me n = 9 :)

X-T10 users, how the hell do you assign Fn1 to anything but movie record? I get how you actually assign it, it just won't do anything!

X-T10 users, how the hell do you assign Fn1 to anything but movie record? I get how you actually assign it, it just won't do anything!
Because it's designed for recording it works slightly different than the other buttons. It requires a longer press to activate, once assigned a different function hold it and release after about a second and it should work.

Thanks, makes sense now.

Out of interest, does X-T1 on v4 have three configurable Auto ISO settings? Nice little touch on the X-T10 I thought, I use Auto ISO all the time, but for portraits I like to dial in a 1/200 minimum shutter speed, and for everything else 1/60 is my go-to minimum, so having a quick access option for it is handy.

Wow, the X-T1 looks much better doesn't it?

Look forward to seeing more pics in this thread from the two!

Agreed, I think the XT10 top plate is way to deep, the command dial looks like its floating in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks, makes sense now.

Out of interest, does X-T1 on v4 have three configurable Auto ISO settings? Nice little touch on the X-T10 I thought, I use Auto ISO all the time, but for portraits I like to dial in a 1/200 minimum shutter speed, and for everything else 1/60 is my go-to minimum, so having a quick access option for it is handy.

No the X-T1 still just has the one auto setting.

The command dial has the same space front and back as the ISO dial has on the X-T1 :rolleyes:

I think the drive mode dial under the main dial gives the X-T1 a more substantial appearance.

Either way, I'm properly impressed by the little thing and I was very apprehensive about it having had two X-T1s before. The rear 4 way controller alone is a massive improvement in my opinion.

One thing I do like on the XT10 is the removal of the button on the front. I'm continuously pressing it during shooting as it's right where my finger falls, and I press it again when trying to remove a lens thinking it's the lens release button! I wish there was a custom function for do nothing. I don't think I could use the XT10 as easily though as there doesn't look like a lot of meat to hold in the right hand without fouling the aperture ring or lens release.

I'm continuously pressing it during shooting as it's right where my finger falls, and I press it again when trying to remove a lens thinking it's the lens release button! I wish there was a custom function for do nothing
Same here. Mine is set for the delay timer and it's annoying. I know you just half touch the shutter button and it goes away, but it's still PIA!

Mines also on timer, I figured it was the least annoying thing to pop up as it doesn't take over the whole screen! I used to have it as something AF related, as I only ever used the camera in manual mode with back button focus that way it didn't bring anything up when accidentally pressed, but now with usable AF on the other modes It became too annoying!

Mine actually has a bit of a glitch whereby sometimes when you set the front button it sets the left arrow button to the same thing!

Same here. Mine is set for the delay timer and it's annoying. I know you just half touch the shutter button and it goes away, but it's still PIA!

Talking of buttons...
The right hand one of the rear four buttons used to switch on the macro phase. I understand that this is autoimatic after the new firmware and that button has somewhat magically become the White Balance control. Is this something I've done or has anyone else noticed anything?

Yes, whatever button you assigned Macro to will now have gone back to it's factory default function. Mine was on the Wifi button, since I never used Wifi. I've now assigned it to AF mode. A few other things went back to default but I can't remember what, 90% stayed as I'd left it.

And since we're talking buttons, I'd love to know how to get AEL to stay on without having to hold the button!

That's got it to work in manual focus, but it has no effect at all in C or S

Doesn't here. AEL or AF L buttons do nothing at all in AFS or AFC.

Not that I'd have time to be using it if I was using AFC of course!

Back