The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Found one thing that's different, my previous description of how exposure compensation works in manual is now obsolete, they've ruined it in the final version! Exposure compensation now causes the EVF image to be brightened corresponding to the dial setting, the meter no longer shows the amount of compensation applied but continues to meter the scene and does not max out when ISO runs out. This is is bad because it appears to show that you can get a really bright image, but when you take the shot you actually find it's still almost black because you were already at max ISO and it couldn't actually get to the exposure compensation you dialled in. There is nothing in the VF to show what your exposure comp setting is so you will have to look at the dial.

Upgraded first thing and pleased with the update. Love being able to plop it in T mode and adjust shutter speed to suit. Definite speed improvements, particularly on the 35mm, which was starting to show it's age a bit against the likes of the 23mm.

First rule of Fuji...don't leave Fuji :)

A couple of X-T10s arrived today and thankfully I've managed to dig up the glass I want for pretty much what I sold it for (in fact some of it cost less, got to love Fuji depreciation!)

Do we know when the 90mm is due in stores?

First rule of Fuji...don't leave Fuji :)

A couple of X-T10s arrived today and thankfully I've managed to dig up the glass I want for pretty much what I sold it for (in fact some of it cost less, got to love Fuji depreciation!)

Do we know when the 90mm is due in stores?

PMSL, that lasted.

Nice balanced write up of Damien Lovegrove's experiences with the new firmware:

http://www.prophotonut.com/2015/06/29/fujifilm-x-t1-firmware-v4-review/

He states at the beginning he uses two X-T1 cams setup exactly the same to compare firmware but doesn't say if he used the same lens on each at the same time? (i.e. had two of the same lens) I don't think he does. I'm not saying the review is unhelpful, rather that it seems confused as to what he was trying to achieve? I was expecting to see a literal comparison of a test repeated by picking up 1 camera and then repeating the same condition on the other (with the same lens) so that the only difference was the firmware. Or is this what he did?

I never had issues with the speed of my 35mm on my xt1 but reading people's comments on the improvement in speed for this lens I can't wait to give it a go :)

Just had a firmware upgrading session... 4.00 to 4.00 and my 18-55 arrived from DR today, that was on v3.10 so upgraded to 3.12. Phew.

:LOL:

How much do you want? :D

More than I'll get. I'll probably try and sell it as a package with my X-E1. talking of which, isn't it about time you got yourself a nice remote release for your X-E1? I noticed there was one in the classifieds at the moment.......

I checked the firmware on my 18mm and was surprised that it was already on 3.10.

I'm considering selling the 23... :whistle:

Made a bit of difference, still not in a position to buy 23mm unless I offload the 35mm AND the 18mm, so my thoughts went to switching out the 18mm for a 55-230 and now I'm all confused again!

Well at least that finally answers my question in your wanted thread :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Sorry! I didn't even have notifications setup on that thread, so after the initial rush of offers :( I hadn't even checked it.

Seemed a no brainer getting a brand new white box one with 12 months DR warranty than paying the same for a second hand one with potentially no warranty.

Anyhoo, seems a solid lens from my first play with it. Got 18-230mm covered with 2 lenses now but doesn't stop me pining after the 56mm :p

Last edited:
LOL the Fuji site is not responding, all the XT1 owners in the uncivilised parts of the world must be trying to download the V4. All I wanted was the update to the manual :(

Had a quick play this evening and first impressions are good! One question - turning off face detect will turn off eye detect, so that's sufficient to enable the super af on mechanical shutter? I'm asking because a few people here and on the Fuji forum mentioned turning off both, when it seems only one is necessary!

Advice on wide lenses, please!

I have the 18-135, which is a perfect allrounder, but there's a sale on in the UAE stores, and I have nominal wife-permission if it means more nice pics for our walls, which means I'm looking at something wide. I like the idea of the 18mm as a walkabout, and that's less than £200. But then I really like the idea of the 10-24. I would miss the extra speed of the 18 a little, but then the 10-24 would get used more for landscapes and architecture stuff, which would dictate something slower anyway.

Any advice for someone who's only ever stuck to mid-range zooms before?
Yeah, buy the 10-24 then convince yourself it's too heavy and at that point I'll take it off your hands :rolleyes:

I've already done the upgrade, but in work today I came across an updated manual with all the new features documented, I was gonna print it out for reference.

coz I'm old and have the memory retention of a gnat !

Back