The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've got two old tripods that are in the recycling pile. They have centre columns with an integral head. They don't have separate plates on the foot of the camera rather they screw directly to the head. Camera is either on the tripod or off. No quick release, but if you just want something to hold a camera in place they could suffice. Can do piccies if you want.
Not worth anything to me so I don't mind a bit of butchering to make postage easier. Yours gratis so long as you pay post costs.

Thanks for looking for me! I'm after something with a quick release mechanism unfortunately.

This bit:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/g...inum-video-camera-font-b-tripod-b-font.13460/

Don't let me stop you butchering though! sounds fun!

I'm loving mine on the x-t10. I've had a couple of f0 issues but no other problems (except grey, dull and wet weather)

I've only had a play with it yet but it's a keeper.

I quite like the lens, it's the EVF blackout that's killing me. I can shoot differently but it's too restrictive. The X-Pro2 is supposed to be much improved in this area so hopefully the X-T2 will be as well. Here's to hoping it's released soon!

I quite like the lens, it's the EVF blackout that's killing me. I can shoot differently but it's too restrictive. The X-Pro2 is supposed to be much improved in this area so hopefully the X-T2 will be as well. Here's to hoping it's released soon!

I was going to get an xt1 to replace the xt10, think I'll wait if the blackout is that bad. I may have to wait for xp2 or xt2 to be reduced, or be very good to my wife:D

Is this black out on all lens or when does it happen?

I've just tested this on the xt10. On S and CL there's a fraction of a secondn (1/4?), on CH there's practically no blackout. Is the xt1 worse than this?

Last edited:
What do people mean by "blackout"

When you take a picture the EVF goes black, so for a 30 second long exposure it's black, but in 'sports'/'aircraft' mode, it will go black while panning, making panning harder.

With all these things, it is probably you just have to get used to using the camera in a different way, there isn't a perfect camera!!!

When you take a picture the EVF goes black, so for a 30 second long exposure it's black, but in 'sports'/'aircraft' mode, it will go black while panning, making panning harder.

With all these things, it is probably you just have to get used to using the camera in a different way, there isn't a perfect camera!!!

Bit stupid for it go black while panning how they expect u take a picture

Show me an EVF that doesn't??

I didn't say it doesn't was just saying it a bit stupid of it.

I not had a EVF long enough so didn't do
Any panning when I had one so can't comment on that.

But yes I remember it went black on long exposure images yes

Think the main problem is one of expectation. Mirrorless cameras are not just a cheaper, smaller, lighter version of everybody's favourite DSLR. They are a different system and work in a different way.

You just have to get used to it then it really isn't a problem.

But how can you make sure your focus on a bird while panning if EVF black

The answer may be that if you're exclusively taking motorsport or wildlife shots that require panning, perhaps mirrorless isn't for you?

I do neither of those things so mine IS the perfect camera. :D

I've tried one test shot of a bif with the 100-400 on continuous with af tracking in CH, 4 of the 5 were all in focus. I think this would work great for bif and air shows. I've yet to discover how to only get a single shot in CL/CH mode, always get 2 with a quick press!

You hadn't noticed it with any of your other evf cameras before so why are you concerned now?

As I didn't do panning when I had it so didn't realise this happens

As I didn't do panning when I had it so didn't realise this happens

It doesn't blackout because you're panning, it always blacks out. It's just that with panning (especially on subjects moving around a lot, like acrobatics) it makes things harder. On continuous you get a freeze frame effect rather than a black out. This isn't too bad if the subject is following a predictable track, but again causes issues for me when things aren't so predictable.

I'm crap at panning anyway. I tend to just try and guage the average speed rather than concentrating on a focus zone. So long as I can see before pressing the shutter i'm fine lol

so i took my new x-t1 camera out with me at the weekend. just some snaps while learning the menus etc. impressed by both the 27mm and 35 f1.4. i was going to sell the 35, but might keep hold of it.
haven't had a chance to test out all the different film simulators but not sure if its worth it or not as i shoot raw anyway.

the Mrs didn't mind the camera and 27mm being put in her hand bag.
20160430-DSCF9549 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

river thames
20160501-DSCF9581 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

back home with friends
20160501-DSCF9636 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

so i took my new x-t1 camera out with me at the weekend. just some snaps while learning the menus etc. impressed by both the 27mm and 35 f1.4. i was going to sell the 35, but might keep hold of it.
haven't had a chance to test out all the different film simulators but not sure if its worth it or not as i shoot raw anyway.

the Mrs didn't mind the camera and 27mm being put in her hand bag.
20160430-DSCF9549 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

river thames
20160501-DSCF9581 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

back home with friends
20160501-DSCF9636 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr
Cracking shots. I'm flirting with the idea of a 35mm myself.

As for the film simulations, I love them! I shoot raw too, and have the camera set to provia whilst shooting. I then try different simulations when editing - if you use lightroom, the option is under the camera calibration settings.

Cracking shots. I'm flirting with the idea of a 35mm myself.

As for the film simulations, I love them! I shoot raw too, and have the camera set to provia whilst shooting. I then try different simulations when editing - if you use lightroom, the option is under the camera calibration settings.

thank you. i do use lightroom and wasn't aware of that so will check it out!

i believe it only works if you shoot in raw+fine-this gives you both the jpeg in simulation and the raw file to adjust in LR

i believe it only works if you shoot in raw+fine-this gives you both the jpeg in simulation and the raw file to adjust in LR
While I do shoot raw + F most of the time, i'm fairly certain it's worked when shooting just raw too.
Also most of the time I delete the jpegs before importing to Lr, since I only use them if I send to my phone for snapseed treatment and instant posting.

Last edited:

How have you managed to keep these nice and sharp when posting from Flickr? Everything I copy over onto a forum turns to mush.

Back