The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Looks nice and sharp :)
Although I can barely see the screen on my phone in all this lovely sunshine.

Many thanks Jonathan, much appreciated.(y)

George.

Nice that Sir. Thought you were in Amsterdam? Funny route you've taken!

Spent two days in sunny Swindon this week, off to Amsterdam tomorrow, still trying to work out what gear to take on a minimalist camera excursion!!

Option 1 - X100 - it did me well in Tuscany

Option 2 - X-T1 + a couple of lenses (sensor needs cleaning before I go though)

Option 3 - 2 bodies and two lenses for no lens changover

I'm having a day in Lunnun tomorrow. Taking one (my only) body plus 18.55, 10.24 and the 8mm fisheye. Gorillapod too!
Is it worth throwing in a 10 stop and CPL?

When are you back?

I'm having a day in Lunnun tomorrow. Taking one (my only) body plus 18.55, 10.24 and the 8mm fisheye. Gorillapod too!
Is it worth throwing in a 10 stop and CPL?

When are you back?

Only away 5 days

I wouldn't both with ND filters for a day trip, CPL might be useful given the weather, you've a pretty busy itinerary :beer::beer::beer: so not much time in each location.

Lens choice looks fine, fisheye can be fun in London.

[
url=https://flic.kr/p/oq23F2]London Eye Fish Eye 2 sm[/url] by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

I'm leaning towards X-T1 8/14/18-55 for my trip

Original thought was to take the ND to blur out some of the Metropolitan throng that will block every view. Doesn't weigh much but will I use it?

Itinerary is far from fixed and I've no idea where anything is down there.

Given the weather forecast you'll need quite a lot of stops (That is ND filters as well as :beer:) :D
I'd worked that one out. Aparrently there are a few pubs down there. Some even welcome northerners. I suppose our flat vowels go with their flat beer!

Going with SWMBO and her recently discovered half sister and husband. More beer o'clock than shutter o'clock!!!!
Now you are being negative.
Recently discovered = a lot to catch up on. Ergo...you are surplus to requirements.
Lots of time to fill. Bonzer!

Prob a overkill on packaging. But your a jammy bugger who can get what you want [emoji6] all cameras and lens you been able to try. Wishes I had a more understanding Mrs lol

Prob a overkill on packaging. But your a jammy bugger who can get what you want [emoji6] all cameras and lens you been able to try. Wishes I had a more understanding Mrs lol

Afraid not. Stuff will have to sell to go towards this.

More beer and sight seeing whilst still getting decent shots. Not too bulky at all either.

Thought about it hard, but have gone for 'my' light option:-

X-T1 + 18-55mm
X-E2 + 14mm
8mm
XF23mm
Gorillapod

All fits nicely in my Billingham Hadley Pro

Can be slimmed down to just taking out one body + one lens when I'm there, yes I won't look Hipster cool with the X100, but I'm not short on luggage space :)

Anyone had the rubber grip replaced by Fuji UK. Mine's just about falling off and wondering about the cost, out of warranty so no chance of getting it done other than paying for it.

Anyone had the rubber grip replaced by Fuji UK. Mine's just about falling off and wondering about the cost, out of warranty so no chance of getting it done other than paying for it.

You can get an instant quote for repairs from the Fuji website. I think it's a fixed fee though :( My wife's X-M1 shutter has stopped firing, standard repair cost is £95 :eek: BUT...they do give you 12 months warranty on the entire camera afterwards...

Or adhesive vinyl from eBay... Pimp it with some leopard print!

Has anyone used something like this on a grip?

I have a Panasonic G7 and I find the grip very uncomfortable as it has a crease in it. I'd love to be able to pack the crease with something and cover it with vinyl but I wonder how long lasting it'd be.

You can get an instant quote for repairs from the Fuji website. I think it's a fixed fee though :( My wife's X-M1 shutter has stopped firing, standard repair cost is £95 :eek: BUT...they do give you 12 months warranty on the entire camera afterwards...

95 quid for a shutter is very cheap. Plus it's usually 6 months with other manufacturers.

Has anyone used something like this on a grip?

I have a Panasonic G7 and I find the grip very uncomfortable as it has a crease in it. I'd love to be able to pack the crease with something and cover it with vinyl but I wonder how long lasting it'd be.
I dunno but have done other things like my phone and an old xbox 360.
The adhesives are good and the shapes to contours well with a bit of heat from a hairdryer. The xbox has held up despite heat, sunlight, kids knocking it about and spillages. The phone has too despite everyday handling, drops, and the occasional rinse under a tap (it's waterproof).

I would say the surface needs to be smooth(ish), so the old coating would need to come off first or be filled. You can get faux leather textured vinyls though...

I dunno but have done other things like my phone and an old xbox 360.
The adhesives are good and the shapes to contours well with a bit of heat from a hairdryer. The xbox has held up despite heat, sunlight, kids knocking it about and spillages. The phone has too despite everyday handling, drops, and the occasional rinse under a tap (it's waterproof).

I would say the surface needs to be smooth(ish), so the old coating would need to come off first or be filled. You can get faux leather textured vinyls though...

Thanks. I may look into this but it might just scupper the resale value so another option could be just to sell it and wait for a more comfortable camera. Try as I might I just can't seem to get used to the grip and in fact it's annoying me more and more.

Back