The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

It's been out a while now, no reports of problems so why wouldn't you install it?

Now that the facility exists, Auto for ss as well. It's supposed to alter according to the focal length automatically.
That's not across all models though is it? For example, that isn't available on my X-T10?

Thanks, although I've recently parted with my f2 after acquiring another f1.4. But it's handy to know.
I'll be needing a hood for my 1.4 as it didn't come with one. Damned if I'm paying £50 for it though [emoji1]

That's not across all models though is it? For example, that isn't available on my X-T10?

I think it's only the T2 and Pro2, can only say the latter for definite

I've no problems with version 4.
I am a big believer in the saying that if it ain't broke don't fix it, so if I'm not gaining anything significant I can't see the point, was just wondering what I'd gain?

I wouldn't upgrade, if you read back on the thread you'll see that you lose some functionality around controlling aperture etc. with the command dials. So if that's something you use v5 isn't going to please you.

I think I'm on 4.3 and still have the functionality, I'd have to check though as don't have the camera to hand.

Last edited:
I wouldn't upgrade, if you read back on the thread you'll see that you lose some functionality around controlling aperture etc. with the command dials. So if that's something you use v5 isn't going to please you.

I think I'm on 4.3 and still have the functionality, of have to check though as don't have the camera to hand.
Thanks, I'll leave well alone then. Like I say, I don't have any problems and if I'm not gaining anything then I dont see the point and even less so if I'm losing something.

For XT1, if I don't shoot burst after burst, do I need the fast UHS-ii cards? The 280mb/s speed one? I do shoot RAW + JPEG together and mainly do 1 shot after another. I'm using the 90mb/s card at the moment.

The XT1 doesn't take UHS-ii cards
It does, but they don't work to their optimum.
When I used the ii cards in my T1 I found that the cards kept freezing on playback. Simple matter to switch off and on but still PIA.
No problems with the T2 and UHS ii cards. I have them in both slots.

That is good to know, the UHS ii card is not cheap and if it doesn't work properly, I will just stick with the UHS i cards. Using a 16GB atm, but could do with a 32GB one.

It does, but they don't work to their optimum.
When I used the ii cards in my T1 I found that the cards kept freezing on playback. Simple matter to switch off and on but still PIA.
No problems with the T2 and UHS ii cards. I have them in both slots.

The speed only comes in play and take full advantage if I shoot burst after burst of shots? Normal single snap to record RAW + JPEG doesn't require UHS-ii right?

The speed only comes in play and take full advantage if I shoot burst after burst of shots? Normal single snap to record RAW + JPEG doesn't require UHS-ii right?

The easiest way to tell if you need a faster card is to count the number of times you have missed a shot because the camera is locked up writing to the card.

The easiest way to tell if you need a faster card is to count the number of times you have missed a shot because the camera is locked up writing to the card.
I've noticed this with the X-T10 quite a bit recently.

Anyone have an idea what's the fastest UHS I card out there for the T10 and T1?

Think that's right, though things tend to get a bit too geeky for me when the techy talk gets serious!

That is good to know, the UHS ii card is not cheap and if it doesn't work properly, I will just stick with the UHS i cards. Using a 16GB atm, but could do with a 32GB one.

I use a Lexar x2000 UHS II card and it's faster than my older cards, never had any lockup issues either. However, I've never really had any trouble with the older cards (Lexar x600 UHS I) in the camera to be honest.

Just a simple candid street style shot taken at Canterbury of a young man with his Drum Kit doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/950th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (17)-03110 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Great capture George, he looks deep into his music :)

Bad news
@Thunderbird010
@ChrisH
@robsea

Saturdays' trip round the Fire Station has been cancelled because filming is taking place. He is very vague about when the next trip will be and doesn't mention Sunday.
He isn't offering refunds, has merely told me to treat my booking as a voucher for some other tours that he might put on in the future.
All a bit iffy. I've asked for a refund and am off to Paypal to get a refund.
Don't know what this means for next Sunday. This is short notice - he must have known some time in advance.

Bad news
@Thunderbird010
@ChrisH
@robsea

Saturdays' trip round the Fire Station has been cancelled because filming is taking place. He is very vague about when the next trip will be and doesn't mention Sunday.
He isn't offering refunds, has merely told me to treat my booking as a voucher for some other tours that he might put on in the future.
All a bit iffy. I've asked for a refund and am off to Paypal to get a refund.
Don't know what this means for next Sunday. This is short notice - he must have known some time in advance.
Just to chip into something which doesn't concern me ...
Yes, you should get a full refund. However, speaking as someone who has considerable personal experience of letting properties out for filming, it often happens that the director, having had a place pre-vetted by the location scouts etc, suddenly decides that yes, he wants to film THERE, and he wants to do it TOMORROW. As these location payments are very lucrative it is often difficult to turn them down. But I fully agree that you should be refunded, not fobbed off by vouchers.

Thanks Stephen. It may be that there has been a short notice booking, which will pay more than we are doing, and if so that's life!
His mail was very vague about when we could go again, hence my note of caution about next Sunday's trip, especially as @robsea is coming up from Brum. It may be that trip is fully booked, hence he couldn't offer spare places on it. We shall have to wait and see.
Only real problem is that I've booked non refundable train tickets for SWMBO and I. Only £3 each way Liverpool to Manchester, but it's still £12 down the swanny, unless someone wants a short photo shoot round Piccadilly. @ChrisH ... a recce?

Two from me, considering I work there today was the first time I headed to Dungeness beach after work, only went to one spot as it was freezing and my t-shirt and jeans wasn't quite cutting it!
Both shot with the 56mm

Adam

I was invited on to the top of Dungerness light house when it was under construction and before the rail and lantern were in place .
The architect said it did not hve foundations but floated in the shingle. We were more scared than impressed standing up there looking down.With nothing between us and the stones.

Back