The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple candid street style shot taken at New York USA of a newspaper seller who stands right opposite the main entrance to Grand Central Stn.

"I'm guessin' someone might think that the shot would look better had he been looking towards the camera, I agree but that was not an option in this case as the guy is unfortunately blind"

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/90th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
New York News-03149 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just a simple candid street style shot taken at New York USA of a newspaper seller who stands right opposite the main entrance to Grand Central Stn.

"I'm guessin' someone might think that the shot would look better had he been looking towards the camera, I agree but that was not an option in this case as the guy is unfortunately blind"

George.
I think you've captured the moment really well as it is, had he been looking down the lens, it would have lost some of the atmosphere imo.
Great street shot.

I think you've captured the moment really well as it is, had he been looking down the lens, it would have lost some of the atmosphere imo.
Great street shot.

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

That's real kind of you Sir, no rush whatsoever, as & when is just fine.(y)

I'm gonna be headin' on back to the UK in the not too distant future and kinda thought I might get my hands on the 90mm & 60mm before I leave. I can pick up the pair of them here in the 615 for a little over 900 bucks so thought I might just give it go.

George.

With both MCEX-11 and MCEX-16, minimum working distance is 225mm, FOV as below:-

nONEP25h.jpg

Definitely not 1:1 :D

George.

I agree with wardy, the best street shot are candid, when people are not looking.

With both MCEX-11 and MCEX-16, minimum working distance is 225mm, FOV as below:-

nONEP25h.jpg

Not bad though, looks about 1:2? The 35mm gets a lot closer, and with both rings is just shy of 1:1 but you're almost touching the subject.

nONEP25h.jpg

Thank you so much for that Sir, I really appreciate you giving it your time.(y)

"I'm not after getting 1-1 just fairly close, and roughly 1-2 for what I want to do would be just fine. I already have a 105mm Micro Nikkor lens that I use manually adapted to my Fuji gear that works just fine for really close work"

George.

Last edited:
Not bad though, looks about 1:2? The 35mm gets a lot closer, and with both rings is just shy of 1:1 but you're almost touching the subject.

Many thanks for that Sir.(y)

"I have actually got that set up ie the 35mm 1.4 (excellent lens) and the two ext tubes. And as you quite rightly say the working distance with that set up is pretty close to the subject"

George.

I agree with wardy, the best street shot are candid, when people are not looking.

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Here's another from the X-T10 and 18-55 kit, on a slightly stormy late afternoon. I've been critical in the past of landscape togs who reach for the ND filter reflexively, but I think this shot really needed it. There's just too much going on visually to have the drama of the waves as well, and the long exposure also mellows the reflected highlights from the water. The resulting impression of calm is rather erroneous, but hopefully pleasing :).

Flood
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Here's another from the X-T10 and 18-55 kit, on a slightly stormy late afternoon. I've been critical in the past of landscape togs who reach for the ND filter reflexively, but I think this shot really needed it. There's just too much going on visually to have the drama of the waves as well, and the long exposure also mellows the reflected highlights from the water. The resulting impression of calm is rather erroneous, but hopefully pleasing :).

Flood
by David Hallett, on Flickr
That's a lovely well-processed shot. My only nit-pick is the slight distraction of the green algae on the right. Just my opinion. :)

That's a lovely well-processed shot. My only nit-pick is the slight distraction of the green algae on the right. Just my opinion. :)
I did think the same, but only just. Toning it down slightly would even it right out [emoji106]

Took the X-T1 in to work today to show the boss who uses a Nikon D3100. First thing he said was it's so light!

Anyone got any waxy skin portraits? I know I don't :ROFLMAO:
That's because you're just a 'Fuji Fanboy' though surely or maybe a moron. :runaway:
Seriously though, that was not a nice exchange last night. I added my ten pence worth today but I'd imagine it will slide off in the usual manner.

That's because you're just a 'Fuji Fanboy' though surely or maybe a moron. :runaway:
Seriously though, that was not a nice exchange last night. I added my ten pence worth today but I'd imagine it will slide off in the usual manner.

Once the mod showed up I knew it was time to drop it, I said what he needed to be told though ;) No sweat off any of our backs. It just irritated me that he was in here himself looking for advice a few months back, also his images were no better than anyone else's but he insists he is 'pro' where we are not, so what would we know huh? :thinking::rolleyes::D

Once the mod showed up I knew it was time to drop it, I said what he needed to be told though ;) No sweat off any of our backs. It just irritated me that he was in here himself looking for advice a few months back, also his images were no better than anyone else's but he insists he is 'pro' where we are not, so what would we know huh? :thinking::rolleyes::D
I thought you did well and more than held your own. It's a shame when someone genuinely wants advice and the thread turns into fiasco which is what said person did.
I know there's always a Canon vs Nikon thing going on but generally it's just banter but there's always a Cuckoo in the nest lurking around every corner.
I have nothing but praise for all you guys, you certainly guided me without any pressure or bias and I was able to then make an informed decision which I'm more than happy with.
This must be one of the most popular threads on the forum which must tell a story.

I thought you did well and more than held your own. It's a shame when someone genuinely wants advice and the thread turns into fiasco which is what said person did.
I know there's always a Canon vs Nikon thing going on but generally it's just banter but there's always a Cuckoo in the nest lurking around every corner.
I have nothing but praise for all you guys, you certainly guided me without any pressure or bias and I was able to then make an informed decision which I'm more than happy with.
This must be one of the most popular threads on the forum which must tell a story.

I got good advice in this very thread when I was considering the switch from Nikon too, I would never advise anyone to do something I didn't stand by myself :) It was the best move I made personally in years. The fact that I am enjoying my photography once again. The last couple of years with the Nikon I felt frustrated. I felt like I needed to be making money to justify the gear I owned. I was doing weddings and events just because I felt I should , and I wasn't enjoying it. I'm happier with more down to earth gear, and doing the odd portrait shoot for people I know. The odd job here and there that will pay for a flash, or toward another lens, that's all I want outside of it being purely a hobby :)

Back