The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Would bulb mode not work? You'd have to calculate the time needed but that's simple to do either mental arithmetic or there are plenty phone apps for the product of Blair's schooling.

Time elapsed is shown on the rear screen so you know just when to stop the exposure.

Yes I use the Lee Filters app, problem was I didn't have a shutter remote and didn't realise at the time that Bulb could be adjusted in steps up to 15 mins

That's true but its only a stop between settings

Yeah very true! I just like to have the full control over what exposure I want, I'd often adjust by a minute or 2 from calculations subject to what the light is doing... probably don't make much difference but I feel better lol

Thanks I found that :) but from what I can see when you get up to the minutes exposure it goes 1min, 2min, 4min, 8min, 15min and I can't see a way of choosing something between those times.

As for a USB cable, will this one work :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SHOOT-Shut...?ie=UTF8&qid=1502355293&sr=8-3&keywords=RR-90

or will I have to go for an official : https://www.lcegroup.co.uk/New/fujifilm-rr-90-remote-release_3334.html

Cheers

I have the one you linked from Amazon, works absolutely fine :)

EDIT:

Sorry I lied I have this one, still works ok!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SHOOT-Shut...d=1502382714&sr=1-1&keywords=fuji+x-t2+remote

Last edited:
Does anyone happen know if there is a official or third party eye cup that's shallower than the one that comes as standard? I found some images on google of some eye cups that are circular and seem fairly shallow looking, but I cant seem to see if they fit the X-T2 or where to get them. :thinking:

Hope this lot are not too many to put in. I really did enjoy my photography today, it was just a joy to walk round with the X-T20 + 50-230mm. I just wish I had changed to Fuji a long time ago, but now I am here my Fuji is for life :)

In the Pink by David Ore, on Flickr

I was Framed by David Ore, on Flickr

Alfresco cafe on seafront by David Ore, on Flickr

The Green man by David Ore, on Flickr

Living Statue by David Ore, on Flickr

Baby Gull by David Ore, on Flickr

Great set of images Sir, liking them all very much with my preference for the Muso' shots.(y)

George.

Hope this lot are not too many to put in. I really did enjoy my photography today, it was just a joy to walk round with the X-T20 + 50-230mm. I just wish I had changed to Fuji a long time ago, but now I am here my Fuji is for life :)

These really are very good Dave, and the lens seems to be performing well too. The busker shot is a cracker.

Nice set David, love the selfie :)

Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a couple sitting on a Harbour wall bench looking out to sea.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
I See No Ships (M)-03140M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Another lovely B&W George, lovely nostalgic feel to this one

Great set of images Sir, liking them all very much with my preference for the Muso' shots.(y)

George.

These really are very good Dave, and the lens seems to be performing well too. The busker shot is a cracker.

Nice set David, love the selfie :)

Thank you very much folks, got to say it has been a long time since I really enjoyed my photography today, and long may it last :)

Another great shot George, you really do know how to make an ordinary shot look special. Very inspirational.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Another fine and well taken photo George :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

George.

Hmmm fair enough, using the standard cup I can't quite see the corners of the frame and it gets to me :)
I suppose it hinges on how your specs have been fitted. Mine have always been sat quite close to my eyes.

Just seen this and I love these photo's.

I'm a complete beginner (so I'm probably doing all sorts wrong) but you seem to be getting closer into to your subjects with your 18-135mm + Raynox 250 than I can with my 55-200mm + Raynox 250. Would that be right?

Could you share some details on your home made diffuser? I have a Nissin i40 flash and have no idea how to use it for macrophotography.

Cheers.
Thanks Uncle. Sorry for the slow reply - been away for a few days. I couldn't get the 55-200 working at all with a Raynox I'm sorry to say. Not sure why. If you Google Raynox there's a site where you can calculate magnification etc.

My diffuser is just a cheap mini soft box with packing foam over it. Can give more details if interested:)

Thanks Uncle. Sorry for the slow reply - been away for a few days. I couldn't get the 55-200 working at all with a Raynox I'm sorry to say. Not sure why. If you Google Raynox there's a site where you can calculate magnification etc.

My diffuser is just a cheap mini soft box with packing foam over it. Can give more details if interested:)

Thanks for your reply. I'll investigate the Raynox site you mention.

Would definitely appreciate more info about the diffuser; particularly a picture of it if that's possible.

Cheers

Does anyone happen know if there is a official or third party eye cup that's shallower than the one that comes as standard? I found some images on google of some eye cups that are circular and seem fairly shallow looking, but I cant seem to see if they fit the X-T2 or where to get them. :thinking:
The original X-T1 eye cup was virually flat. A modified version was brought out which was quite deep, far deeper than the standard eye cup on the X-T2. There was a demand for a raised cup to stop extraneous light interfering with what was seen through the viewfinder. It was retained on the new model, although in a shallower form on the T2.
I'm not sure if your link is to the original flat eye cup - looks like it could be, but look at the price!!!
I wear specs at times - especially night - and have never had trouble with the raised cups - in fact I use the deep X-T1 cup on my T2.
Somewhere in my box of spares is the orignal flat cup, which I might be persuaded to dig out!

Thanks for your reply. I'll investigate the Raynox site you mention.

Would definitely appreciate more info about the diffuser; particularly a picture of it if that's possible.

Cheers

Here's a link to the site I was on about:http://extreme-macro.co.uk/raynox-adapter-techniques/

Regarding the mini softbox - I couldn't find the actual one but it's similar to this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Godox-...dlite-Flash-/221831843715?hash=item33a6354f83
I have added a couple of layers of packing foam which really help the diffusion (that's the 'home made' bit).

Cheers

View attachment 108134

Another confined space shot with the 16-55. Both of these hide shots were taken on the same day, under vastly differing lighting, it was overcast under the tree and the shadows were much deeper in real life (but a magazine over inks if the shadows are too deep, so you have to supply slight lighter than you would like).
Both shot at f4 and around the 16mm end. No room for a tripod of any sort - hardly room for ME!

The original X-T1 eye cup was virually flat. A modified version was brought out which was quite deep, far deeper than the standard eye cup on the X-T2. There was a demand for a raised cup to stop extraneous light interfering with what was seen through the viewfinder. It was retained on the new model, although in a shallower form on the T2.
I'm not sure if your link is to the original flat eye cup - looks like it could be, but look at the price!!!
I wear specs at times - especially night - and have never had trouble with the raised cups - in fact I use the deep X-T1 cup on my T2.
Somewhere in my box of spares is the orignal flat cup, which I might be persuaded to dig out!

What could I possibly do to convince you to go digging :naughty: :jaffa:

What could I possibly do to convince you to go digging :naughty: :jaffa:
Difficult question to answer, that one:thinking:
Jaffa cakes certainly help.
Ping me your address, but I won't be able to post it before Monday as I'm off at he crack of dawn tomorow.
Don't expect RMSD!

Just a simple shot taken of a local church with Rag Stone Walls and a Kent Peg Roof.

X-T1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/450th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Local Church (1)-10369 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

A beautifully taken photo George, lovely textures and pin sharp.

Back