The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Amazing detail. Would love to see the actual set up you use for this sort of image.

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

"If you take a look at Page 12 of show us your macro rig, postings 457 & 458 it'll show you the set ups that I still use. 457 shows the set up without the tubes mounted on my old D800. This shot was taken using the same set up on my X-T1 but with a full set of tubes added plus mounted via an adapter, it also describes exactly how I modified the ring flash"

"458 shows a different set up that I sometimes use with my 55-200mm Fuji Lens with a Raynox Close Up Lens mounted and a Nissin i40 flash"

George.

Wowzers! :jawdrop: very nice indeed

I did a few macro shots this eve, but I think i'll wait till this images is a few pages back before posting them :D

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate your comments & you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Speechless George --- Excellent photography Sir.

Regards;
Peter

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Very nice close up work George. Was you using a set of tubes?

Thank you kindly Sir I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"Yes a full set of Nikon tubes were used with the 105mm lens set at 1-1. This particular set up with an X-T1 etc gives a scene width of 12mm or approximately twice life size"

George.

Last edited:
Now that shot is WOW George, very well taken.

Thank you kindly Sir I very much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Hi folks as most of you know, I will be getting a new X-T2 very soon, on another forum I have noticed members saying about the X-T2 locking up/freezing and over heating. Should I worry about this at all ?

What date are the posts from? AFaik a firmware update fixed those issues, and apparently it had a lot to do with Lexar SD cards.

What date are the posts from? AFaik a firmware update fixed those issues, and apparently it had a lot to do with Lexar SD cards.

It wont stop me getting the X-T2 as have set my heart on getting one for a while. The posts are from the last few days, but thinking on it, it could be down to not a big/faster enough card. Plus they say it happens when in burst mode. I will still get one, but am thinking 32gb 95mb sandisk pro.

It wont stop me getting the X-T2 as have set my heart on getting one for a while. The posts are from the last few days, but thinking on it, it could be down to not a big/faster enough card. Plus they say it happens when in burst mode. I will still get one, but am thinking 32gb 95mb sandisk pro.

I only ever use Sandisk and over 5-6 dslr and now with 2 fuji bodies I have never had any issues with them. Can't go wrong IMO

Hi folks as most of you know, I will be getting a new X-T2 very soon, on another forum I have noticed members saying about the X-T2 locking up/freezing and over heating. Should I worry about this at all ?

We've never experienced that Sir, and 2 or 3 of our guys really push the Battery Packed X-T2 units to the limit on boost mode with their machine gunning. Not my style of working but whatever works for an individual is the right thing to do in my book.(y)

George.

I only ever use Sandisk and over 5-6 dslr and now with 2 fuji bodies I have never had any issues with them. Can't go wrong IMO

We've never experienced that Sir, and 2 or 3 of our guys really push the Battery Packed X-T2 units to the limit on boost mode with their machine gunning. Not my style of working but whatever works for an individual is the right thing to do in my book.(y)

George.

Thank you both very much :) I am still getting one as have set my heart to get one for a while.

Can anyone with experience of panning shots using XT-1 please help me. Trying yesterday at BTCC event, but really struggled with this camera. This was with 55-200mm lens, continual focus, 1/125th, priority release, af mode = area. Not sure if camera settings or my technique or both but found it very difficult to get car in focus. Help is appreciated ...View attachment 108405

Have you done panning before? I've used the X-T1 a lot for that, and it gets the job done nicely enough. I haven't ever used the 55-200 but did use the cheaper 50-230 once. That lens was a bit slow getting the initial AF if a car was suddenly appearing. Usually though you have more time to track and pan with a car, and it doesn't really push AF too much.

Have you done panning before? I've used the X-T1 a lot for that, and it gets the job done nicely enough. I haven't ever used the 55-200 but did use the cheaper 50-230 once. That lens was a bit slow getting the initial AF if a car was suddenly appearing. Usually though you have more time to track and pan with a car, and it doesn't really push AF too much.

First "proper" try at panning, could just be technique but don't understand how in this image the front of the car is in focus but the back out? From memory it was F11

Quick question the the fuji masses, does anyone is an optech strap with an XT-10? Is it ok too attach the connector into the D-ring that the supplied strap attaches to. Thanks

Quick question the the fuji masses, does anyone is an optech strap with an XT-10? Is it ok too attach the connector into the D-ring that the supplied strap attaches to. Thanks

Yes it's fine (X-E2 is similar in size )although I find the standard strap a bit big and use the mini QD loops and mirrorless strap

You could always use a Cordweaver strap. (Google is your friend!) . Cheap as chips and easily as strong as the Optech but without the bulk.
I bought a Cordweaver for my X-T10 by recommendation and it's really good and strong. I got the version with the Peak Design anchor but the basic strap with D ring is less than £10.

You must have had one of the "Formula One" branded specials. Us mere mortals resorted to MF only.....then sold the lens:(

Still got mine and gets the occasional outing for flowers, coins and other still life things, its ok if you aren't in a hurry. I tend to use it with the hood from the 35mm 1.4 rather than the big old lump it comes with.

Wish I had one that would AF. There are times when I could use one, but not the existing 60mm. Too much like hard work. The proposed 80mm sounds interesting. No doubt it will be a stupid price as with all new gear.

P.S. 3LT plate was posted yesterday afternoon - 2nd class as it's a freebie!!!

You could always use a Cordweaver strap. (Google is your friend!) . Cheap as chips and easily as strong as the Optech but without the bulk.
Great thanks will take a look - does anyone use the Cordweaver Slider?

On a similar thread - what bags do people use? Currently have a small Lowepro that just fits the XT-10, XC 50-230, XC 16-50 and the nissin i40 - ideally would prefer small backpack with space for other bits as well as the 3 lenses and flash.

does anyone use the Cordweaver Slider?
Yes, I have one. Use it mainly on days out with SWMBO. I have snap links on the end so I can put on or take off quickly. I thought they were standard, but looking at the site that must be an amendment of my own. Not sure what the Slim is, other than a slimmer version of it.

Seen as we're talking straps I'll shout out for Dead Cameras. I have the regular wrist strap on my XT10 and it's great. Very classy-looking.

Seen as we're talking straps I'll shout out for Dead Cameras. I have the regular wrist strap on my XT10 and it's great. Very classy-looking.
Great ta, another one to check out think I'm ideally looking for a way that i can easily switch between a wrist strap and a sling type strap.

Wish I had one that would AF. There are times when I could use one, but not the existing 60mm. Too much like hard work. The proposed 80mm sounds interesting. No doubt it will be a stupid price as with all new gear.

I don't find mine that slow at all really. OK, it's not exactly quick, but I very rarely use it on moving subjects...

On a similar thread - what bags do people use? Currently have a small Lowepro that just fits the XT-10, XC 50-230, XC 16-50 and the nissin i40 - ideally would prefer small backpack with space for other bits as well as the 3 lenses and flash.

I have 4 bags, a roller bag [which is in classifieds if anyone is interested!] a Think Tank sling-o-matic, a Kata Mini bee [my most used bag] and a cheap little messenger type bag from amazon that is more fitting for the fuji gear. Only I can just get one body and 2 small lenses into that, so keeping the others for now until I find something more ideal. The other bags were bought for my old Nikon gear. The Kata works alright, can get the XT-1, Xpro1 a few lenses and a speedlight in comfortably with room for my mini tripod, rocket blower and spare batteries.

I have a very tatty Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22l for lightweight wandering about. Various small bags/lens cases that drop into a proper hiking rucksack for longer stuff.

Also a Tenba Cooper Slim 13 shoulder bag for city sightseeing and travel

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a young lady concentrating on taking a snap with her compact camera.

After following & admiring another street photographers work (not on TP) I'm slowly trying to think outside the box so to speak and deliberately pump up the contrast etc in my street style stuff. Hence the slightly more contrast in this shot compared to how I would normally present an image.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/125th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Togger (7)-03154 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a young lady concentrating on taking a snap with her compact camera.

After following & admiring another street photographers work (not on TP) I'm slowly trying to think outside the box so to speak and deliberately pump up the contrast etc in my street style stuff. Hence the slightly more contrast in this shot compared to how I would normally present an image.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/125th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Togger (7)-03154 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

For me. The contrast works. I like to see some Black and some White.

Back