The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

OK then - new bag time! I need to carry my X-T1s, 100-400, 18-55,10-24, 35 and 60mm, Flash, 100mm Square filter kit and food and supplies in one comfy bag. CUrrently have a Kata 123GO i30 which carries the kit OK but is a bit short on lunch space and I find it a PITA to get at gear quickly.

I liked my Naneu Pro bag better, but years of dragging it through bushes has ripped the top compartment so everything falls out! It was a bit snug on kit but held a decent lunch and was amazingly waterproof without using the extra cover.

What would we recommend?
Either a sherpa, a donkey, or a wife (all terms interchangeable) :D

Last edited:
Thanks to whoever posted that tip about the intervalometer instead of the timer a while ago. Was out with the kids today and taking 10 shots with 4 second gap and initial minute delay lead to some really nice family pics interspersed with some fun ones!

OK then - new bag time! I need to carry my X-T1s, 100-400, 18-55,10-24, 35 and 60mm, Flash, 100mm Square filter kit and food and supplies in one comfy bag. CUrrently have a Kata 123GO i30 which carries the kit OK but is a bit short on lunch space and I find it a PITA to get at gear quickly.

I liked my Naneu Pro bag better, but years of dragging it through bushes has ripped the top compartment so everything falls out! It was a bit snug on kit but held a decent lunch and was amazingly waterproof without using the extra cover.

What would we recommend?

I use my old LowePro MiniTrekker which holds 3 bodies with 10-24, 18-135 and 100-400 with the 2x telecon behind it. Also in the bag are a couple of little primes (27mm pancake and 18mm f/2) and the 1.4x telecon. There's a Go-Pro clone, batteries and charger in there too. There's a tripod attachment and a couple of sliplok loops as well. Still space for a couple of sarnies (but I always keep any drink outside the bag - just in case!)

Just a simple tourist type Fujoto taken of the top end of the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben).

I've done a bit of juggling about with the processing to give a high contrast mono presentation and a slightly different approach to that which is normally presented of this very familiar attraction.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/450th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben) (M)-03155M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
I really like that. Incredible detail set against a beautiful sky!

Oh but there was a problem - I tried to do some exposure bracketing, but all the shots in the bracket are of identical exposure? As far as I can see I have set it up to AE bracket, +/- 1 EV in 3 shots. (X-T1)

Sort of makes sense I guess but I didn't realise auto ISO effected bracketing, still given it messes up TTL I suppose it would

I really like that. Incredible detail set against a beautiful sky!

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

I went back through the settings, changed nothing, and now it works! Very strange. Maybe it was a protest at the rain.

Hi Stephen, i bought my lens from Tin Cheung in Kowloon,I have bought from them before.If you check out their website you can find prices.Most of the camera shops on Stanely road have shut,and some of the shops with the bad reputations are away as well.

http://tincheungcamera.com.hk

Last edited:
The John Rylands Library, Manchester had a photo hour today, where a small group were let in before the opening to the public, and allowed access to the balcony area, not normally open to the public. Managed to blow the highlights on the large window several times, will have top go back and do it properly!!

170916 John Rylands Library 3 2000px
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

170916 John Rylands Library 2 2000px

170916 John Rylands Library 1 2000px

The John Rylands Library, Manchester had a photo hour today, where a small group were let in before the opening to the public, and allowed access to the balcony area, not normally open to the public. Managed to blow the highlights on the large window several times, will have top go back and do it properly!!

These are great, highlights or not! Very atmospheric.

Finally got around to processing a few pictures from the Crete trip. My exercise for the week was to take colour pictures that made use of deep shadow or silhouette as part of the composition, and I found it very useful. Often when I looked at them later, I found that there was a bit more shadow detail than I had imagined, but there's no harm in that. Here's a typical scene from the back alleys of Chania, which also reminds me of the Luc Besson movie Diva, for some reason. The rider should really be wearing a pair of cool shades, but instead has opted for an expression of baffled irritation, probably because there is a stupid tourist standing in the middle of the alley! I used a bit of dodge and burn so you don't have to see it so clearly :)

Deliverance
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Also 55-200 related:

Take Me To The Clouds Above by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Thats a lovely black & white Alan with the steam from the train the icing on the cake.

Highlights might be blown on the #2 but its a lovely shot.

Finally got around to processing a few pictures from the Crete trip. My exercise for the week was to take colour pictures that made use of deep shadow or silhouette as part of the composition, and I found it very useful. Often when I looked at them later, I found that there was a bit more shadow detail than I had imagined, but there's no harm in that. Here's a typical scene from the back alleys of Chania, which also reminds me of the Luc Besson movie Diva, for some reason. The rider should really be wearing a pair of cool shades, but instead has opted for an expression of baffled irritation, probably because there is a stupid tourist standing in the middle of the alley! I used a bit of dodge and burn so you don't have to see it so clearly :)

Deliverance
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Thats very nice David you even got the wet pavement as a lead line.

Back