The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

To be fair I’ve used MPB before and never had a problem. I always price my gear fairly. Ideally I sell it all and use cash as it’s a better bargaining tool! We’ll see what my investigations uncover

I've bought from them myself, they are just very thorough, which is good for the buyer.

Give selling a go on here first, have you looked at the Fuji refurb shop for buying? https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/
This looks a bargain to me https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuji-X-T2-Kit-XF18-55-Lens/dp/B01I5LE53S/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1511273042&sr=1-1&refinements=p_89:Fujifilm
With the 20% that's subtracted at checkout you have it for £1177 with a years guarantee, nearly 600 quid less than the best price around.
Take no notice of the description, its a generic one, I bought a bag that had scratches on the screen

That’s not bad at all. I’ll have a sort through my stuff and see if I have the boxes and bags and whatnot and maybe put it on here see if it moves

That’s not bad at all. I’ll have a sort through my stuff and see if I have the boxes and bags and whatnot and maybe put it on here see if it moves
Give it a go, doesn't cost anything

If I was after a camera that would have been snapped up by now, don't be fooled by the term kit lens.
That 18-55mm is a fine lens, f2.8 - f4, stabilized and all metal, use mine all the time as do many other Fuji owners

Which 70-200 2.8 is it? Is it a canon? I think you'll realise more than you think with your gear. 600 say for your body, at least 300 for your 24-105 then whatever for the 70-200. Might make sense to sell first then buy on here. You're talking around 900 for the xt2 and 250 for the 35 1.4. I'm sure you'll have money left from yours.

X-E3 is also discreet and apparently the fastest focusing Fuji available, paired with the 23mm f2 should be ideal.

Cheaper and more versatile too, that's where my money would be going

:plus1: to that Sir, in my opinion that would definitely be the way to go.(y)

George.

Meant to say I've not long switched from the 5d mk2 and have noticed an increase in image quality. That was using good L lenses and comparing them to the xt2 and 56mm.

Hope you arent forgetting the crop factor... All things aside though, the 35 1.4 is a lovely lens. Very sharp, nice bokeh. Its always been fast and quiet enough for me.

I seem to think I read somewhere that the crop factor wasn’t an issue with the Fuji X? Obviously rubbish then!

I seem to think I read somewhere that the crop factor wasn’t an issue with the Fuji X? Obviously rubbish then!
Yes but the Fuji has the same size sensor as the Canon 7D you already own, so the crop factor is the same as the 7D.

I put these shots in my fuji photos, then my laptops went up the creek. Have spent the last couple of days fixing them up and now I have a trapped nerve in my shoulder that`s stopping me picking up the camera. These two were taken with the X-T20 + XC 50-230mm shot in Raw as the Jpegs were black, a great lens indeed in lowlight.

Female Sparrow by David Ore, on Flickr

Blue Tit by David Ore, on Flickr

Hi All

'Tis the season when my wife asks what I'd like for Christmas so I'm thinking of getting a new bag. I have a large messenger bag which I use when I'm 'undecided' on what I'll be doing but wanted something small to take when I'm out and about. Would only need to carry my XT with a small lens attached plus another small prime. Ideally something discrete.

Apologies if this has been done to death.

Cheers

Dave

I take a LowePro holster (TopLoader 75?) with the second lens at the bottom and the body/lens at the top. Space for a couple of spare batteries as well.

I put these shots in my fuji photos, then my laptops went up the creek. Have spent the last couple of days fixing them up and now I have a trapped nerve in my shoulder that`s stopping me picking up the camera. These two were taken with the X-T20 + XC 50-230mm shot in Raw as the Jpegs were black, a great lens indeed in lowlight.

Female Sparrow by David Ore, on Flickr

Blue Tit by David Ore, on Flickr

Two very nice Fujigraphs Sir, both appealing but I prefer the first image as you can clearly see the birds eye open etc.(y)

George.

Marloes Sands as a location fills me with exultation and despair. There's nowhere outside of Scotland that I'd rather be when it comes to coastal locations, but doing it justice is a huge challenge. It's just too big and too epic. Still, I'll enjoy going back to try again :)

If you get a chance to go, do it. It's on the Dale peninsula in Pembrokeshire, down a long series of single track roads, and then a 15-20 minute walk from the NT car park. But so long as you're reasonably able-bodied, it's no big deal to get there. Just don't fall off the cliff on the way down, that's not good for your health...

Destination
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Marloes Sands as a location fills me with exultation and despair. There's nowhere outside of Scotland that I'd rather be when it comes to coastal locations, but doing it justice is a huge challenge. It's just too big and too epic. Still, I'll enjoy going back to try again :)

If you get a chance to go, do it. It's on the Dale peninsula in Pembrokeshire, down a long series of single track roads, and then a 15-20 minute walk from the NT car park. But so long as you're reasonably able-bodied, it's no big deal to get there. Just don't fall off the cliff on the way down, that's not good for your health...

Destination

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

For any Liverpool fans out there.
Taken with the XT20 and a vintage Mamiya seckor 55mm lens.

24632831888_542665442b_c.jpg

96 by Mark Boadey

Destination

Agree with what you say about Marloes Sands. A fantastic location. Nice capture with very pleasing light.

Last edited:
So, I now have a 2nd X-T2 body :banana:

My lens collection includes the following:

Prime: 16mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 60mm f2.4
Zoom: 10-24 f4 & the 100-400, plus 1.4TC

I shoot a wide range of subjects, my keen interest is wildlife, but I also shoot landscape, motorsport and dabble in a bit of portrait. I'm considering adding to my lens collection, but I'm torn between the 50-140 f2.8 and the 16-55 f2.8. I keep thinking the longer zoom will get used more often, and that with the 10-24 16mm & 35mm, do I really need the 16-55mm ?

I wish I could buy them both!!

I'm in the same boat Steve - I've decided to rent a 50-140 for a weekend and see if it offers more of what I'm looking for vs my current 55-200.

Like you I have a nice collection of lenses that cover the 16-55 range but have an itch to scratch on something longer and faster. I'm looking at outdoor (kids) sports and indoor candids.

2 bodies is a bit greedy though isn't it ! ;)

Love the sandscape, Dave as well as Simon's hound at stretch.

Steve, you could consider the 18-135 which covers most walk around needs, especially since you have the longer and shorter ends covered.

So, I now have a 2nd X-T2 body :banana:

My lens collection includes the following:

Prime: 16mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 60mm f2.4
Zoom: 10-24 f4 & the 100-400, plus 1.4TC

I shoot a wide range of subjects, my keen interest is wildlife, but I also shoot landscape, motorsport and dabble in a bit of portrait. I'm considering adding to my lens collection, but I'm torn between the 50-140 f2.8 and the 16-55 f2.8. I keep thinking the longer zoom will get used more often, and that with the 10-24 16mm & 35mm, do I really need the 16-55mm ?

I wish I could buy them both!!

In your shoes and give what you photo I'd go for 50-140 especially as it supports the TC, giving you a 70-200 as well!

Musings.....

OK I've just spent an hour at a GFX Touch and Try Day, trying to recalibrate my brain back to earth!!

Initial thoughts are:-

• The body is way lighter than I expected, and although bulky handles quite well, the extra grip though makes it very heavy!!
  • Lenses are on the whole well balanced on the camera, tried the 23, 32-64, 63 and 110, only the 32-64 felt a little front heavy, and the GFX + 110 combo felt similar though larger than my X-T2 + 90mm
  • Images are sharp, I mean really sharp, and you can just seem to zoom in forever, the detail is astonishing (when in focus!)
  • Colours even in JPG are excellent, really pop, there is a new SuperFine JPG mode
  • DOF at F2 is wafer thin, and I missed focus a lot!
  • Focus and Card Write seemed a little slow, certainly not X-T2 fast, more like X-E1!
  • EVF is fantastic, just seems vast
  • Images really seem to pop (but then so does the XF90mm at F2)...am I conning myself?

Will I buy one.......

Well I initially said I wouldn't buy an X100F and now I have one! Its a lot of dough in anyone's terms, and even with the tempting cashback offers is still a serious wedge. I have to balance want and need.........and if I 'invested' would I still need my X-T2, given that I have the X100F, selling my X-T2 and lenses, would itself realise quite a bit of cash.

I think the best plan is to hire one with a couple of lenses for a week, and try it side by side with my existing X-T2, I think the cost of the hire is more than offset by making a bad (financial) decision

Musings.....

OK I've just spent an hour at a GFX Touch and Try Day, trying to recalibrate my brain back to earth!!

Initial thoughts are:-

• The body is way lighter than I expected, and although bulky handles quite well, the extra grip though makes it very heavy!!
  • Lenses are on the whole well balanced on the camera, tried the 23, 32-64, 63 and 110, only the 32-64 felt a little front heavy, and the GFX + 110 combo felt similar though larger than my X-T2 + 90mm
  • Images are sharp, I mean really sharp, and you can just seem to zoom in forever, the detail is astonishing (when in focus!)
  • Colours even in JPG are excellent, really pop, there is a new SuperFine JPG mode
  • DOF at F2 is wafer thin, and I missed focus a lot!
  • Focus and Card Write seemed a little slow, certainly not X-T2 fast, more like X-E1!
  • EVF is fantastic, just seems vast
  • Images really seem to pop (but then so does the XF90mm at F2)...am I conning myself?

Will I buy one.......

Well I initially said I wouldn't buy an X100F and now I have one! Its a lot of dough in anyone's terms, and even with the tempting cashback offers is still a serious wedge. I have to balance want and need.........and if I 'invested' would I still need my X-T2, given that I have the X100F, selling my X-T2 and lenses, would itself realise quite a bit of cash.

I think the best plan is to hire one with a couple of lenses for a week, and try it side by side with my existing X-T2, I think the cost of the hire is more than offset by making a bad (financial) decision

Any sample images? were you allowed pop in your own cards?

In your shoes and give what you photo I'd go for 50-140 especially as it supports the TC, giving you a 70-200 as well!

Thanks david,

If truth be known, I think that is where I am already I just needed somebody to tell me I was on the right track. I may pick up a 2x TC to go with the two telephoto zooms. That will be a nice "kit" 2 x X-T2, 100-400, 50-140, 1.4 & 2X TC's.....

The 90mm has crossed my mind though....

Any sample images? were yocu allowed pop in your own cards?

Yes, its a very dull day today and it was in a dreary Manchester Industrial estate, I do have a couple of images from outside and a few more from inside the shop. One example below:-

XzSa2qZh.jpg

100% crop
LegfPqW.jpg

and 3.5 stops of shadow recovery
SeqFNkUh.jpg

ovkH7erh.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat Steve - I've decided to rent a 50-140 for a weekend and see if it offers more of what I'm looking for vs my current 55-200.

Like you I have a nice collection of lenses that cover the 16-55 range but have an itch to scratch on something longer and faster. I'm looking at outdoor (kids) sports and indoor candids.

2 bodies is a bit greedy though isn't it ! ;)
Would love to hear how you get on. I'm about to list my 56 and 90 mm lenses to purchase the 40-150 and someone just stuck a spanner in my wheels by suggesting the 55-200. I'll hang off till I hear what your thoughts are.

I'm going the way of the 16-55 and 40-150 instead of a bag full of primes.

Back