The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Right I've just come back from the PO and showed them what it is I'm sending including a cheap charger, and they have said that yes you can send it. I have actually put the battery in a retail Fuji battery box, with the plastic enclosure that the original battery came in. So it actually looks like a new battery. So fingers crossed.

Bloody double cashback .... too enticing.... a lens that I've been musing about is on it's way to me...... interesting I nearly bought it from WEX before I went to Sainsbury's this morning, came back refreshed the page and its gone up by £120 !!! Found one in stock (confirmed by phone) at another retailer .... most of the cheap ones (old Fuji price) are on back order so the receipt will be outside the Black Friday Double Cashback Window... so take care out there

Last edited:
Bloody double cashback .... too enticing.... a lens that I've been musing about is on it's way to me...... interesting I nearly bought it from WEX before I went to Sainsbury's this morning, came back refreshed the page and its gone up by £120 !!! Found one in stock (confirmed by phone) at another retailer .... most of the cheap ones (old Fuji price) are on back order so the receipt will be outside the Black Friday Double Cashback Window... so take care out there

I'm doing exactly the same.. I haven't even got the body yet!

Which one were you after? I have the 50-140 in and out of my basket! Head tells me to rent it and confirm it's what I need (sorry want!) but the heart says 'with that double cash back it's a bargain!'

Which one were you after? I have the 50-140 in and out of my basket! Head tells me to rent it and confirm it's what I need (sorry want!) but the heart says 'with that double cash back it's a bargain!'

XF16mm F1.4, I've felt the need for a WR wide angle, and am working on a project where the close focus and F1.4 might be useful. I have half tempted by the 16-55 as it had £290 cashback!!! but its heavy, and the filter size is 77mm, and I have £600 worth of Hitech Firecrest Filters with a 72mm thread!! With the 16mm I can use a 67-72 step ring.

If the 50-140 is at the old price, I'd buy it, stocks are very low of stuff at the old Fuji Prices, and £290 cashbacks don't come along very often!!

XF16mm F1.4, I've felt the need for a WR wide angle, and am working on a project where the close focus and F1.4 might be useful. I have half tempted by the 16-55 as it had £290 cashback!!! but its heavy, and the filter size is 77mm, and I have £600 worth of Hitech Firecrest Filters with a 72mm thread!! With the 16mm I can use a 67-72 step ring.

If the 50-140 is at the old price, I'd buy it, stocks are very low of stuff at the old Fuji Prices, and £290 cashbacks don't come along very often!!

Does that mean that your Samyang 12 is up for sale David??

I want a 50-140 [where's the stamp feet emoticon?]

But after shelling out for another T2 body, and my Canon gear not selling, I'll just have to wait. :sorry:

Does that mean that your Samyang 12 is up for sale David??

I've only had it 2 weeks!!! I don't know yet, next week I'll have the Samyang 12mm, Fuji XF14mm and Fuji XF16mm, I'm sure I wont be keeping all three, there are only so many wide angle primes that one needs (rather than wants.....)

I'll keep you informed... and if I put it up for sale I'll tag you in the post. (y)

Get a trade in quote off WEX, if they are quick enough, you can afford to take a bit of the hit on the Canon gear offset by the £290 cashback.

I have, and they took the pi55.... £600 for an immaculate 7D2 with less than 1500 clicks, £300 for my 300 f4 L IS USM - it cost me a grand 3 years ago. I'd rather sell it on here for that money.

I decided that, despite the £100 odd increase overnight, I need a 23mm f1.4, so ordered while the double cash back is on.

Edit: I traded my Nikon 50mm f1.4 against this purchase and got around 10% less than the going eBay price from Wex.

Last edited:
Is it normal for the 18-55 to vignette at 18mm, first time using it that wide this morning with the lens hood on, just loaded them into Darktable and noticed it.

I decided that, despite the £100 odd increase overnight, I need a 23mm f1.4, so ordered while the double cash back is on.

Edit: I traded my Nikon 50mm f1.4 against this purchase and got around 10% less than the going eBay price from Wex.

"Excellent" choice of lens Sir, its an absolutely superb optic. "ENJOY" (y)

George.

Is it normal for the 18-55 to vignette at 18mm, first time using it that wide this morning with the lens hood on, just loaded them into Darktable

I've never experienced that with mine Sir, could you have not fitted the hood on correctly ? (y)

George.

I want a 50-140 [where's the stamp feet emoticon?]

But after shelling out for another T2 body, and my Canon gear not selling, I'll just have to wait. :sorry:
What is it with the lack of interest in used Canon? I can’t budge mine on here or other sites. MPB is definitely becoming the more attractive option. Other than hitting the credit card

What is it with the lack of interest in used Canon? I can’t budge mine on here or other sites. MPB is definitely becoming the more attractive option. Other than hitting the credit card

I need to do something soon, I'm shooting a wedding in Thailand in January and "need" that lens...

Is it normal for the 18-55 to vignette at 18mm, first time using it that wide this morning with the lens hood on, just loaded them into Darktable

I've never experienced that with mine Sir, could you have not fitted the hood on correctly ? (y)

George.

Hood is on properly George, never had it with wider canon lens, will try it again tomorrow.

George.

Hood is on properly George, never had it with wider canon lens, will try it again tomorrow.

Was/Is there a filter on the lens?

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London (St James's Park) UK of a young lady sitting in the park taking notes.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/180th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Notes In The Park (M)-03172M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Love the detail and tones another excellent candid shot (y)

Three shots of the Jubilee Line tube from a wander yesterday. XT1+Samyang 12mm for each.

1. Canary Wharf - everyone does this shot but after several tries this was the first time I managed to find this exit from the station
CW by Ian, on Flickr

2. Nearby Bermondsey station
Bermondsey by Ian, on Flickr

3. Same Tube line, different processing - Southwark station (tonnes of shots available at this station, I am sure but here is the shot everyone takes)
Southwark by Ian, on Flickr
Excellent set of images

Last one is a very nice pic of a not-pigeon. Very well positioned against the highlight.

Weirdly I never get any pigeons poking about, we do get a pair of collar doves - which I shot today also, but on an Olympus. Cheers :)

Love the detail and tones another excellent candid shot (y)

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated you takin' the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

I'm not generally one for bird pics, but these are very nice!

Cheers :) I never really was myself until last year, after we moved house I put up some feeders just to see would birds come and cheer the garden up a bit. Well, they came alright, in their droves. It's a winter thing for me now, I shoot them through the kitchen window when I'm making my tea or coffee, so I stay nice and warm and don't disturb them. Lunch time mostly when there's at least a bit of light. I stop filling the feeders come early spring as I have been advised to by bird lovers, or their young won't feed for them right and become dependent on the seed. It's a good test of skill shooting them, especially with an old manual focus lens. You won't get anything as small and fast outside of flying insect macro. I really need a nice fast AF tele, but my pockets seem to be always sewn up! :D

I can't really get anything like the insane detailed close up bird shots with buttery bokeh you'll see shot by pros in hides with 400mm+ lenses on higher end bodies, but I prefer to shoot a bird 'scene' mostly rather than just a bird 'portrait' :)

Last edited:

George.

Does darktable automatically apply the built in lens corrections, as adobe does?
Do you see vignetting in Jpegs SOC.?

My 18-55 shows no vignetting from raw or Jpeg files in Adobe CC

What would you go for?

10-24mm + 18-55

or

Samyang 12mm + 16mm 1.4 + 18-55mm

10-24 gives you more zoom options and IS

12+16 gives more wide aperture options (inc astro possibilities), 16 is also WR so gives a WR option, and 16 is possibly the sharpest lens that Fuji make.

I've got 12, 14, 16 (arriving on Monday) and 18-55, so I guess I've gone for option 2 :D Not sure I'll be keeping all of 12, 14 and 16 though........

Does darktable automatically apply the built in lens corrections, as adobe does?

yes to both, will have another play without hood later today.

yes to both, will have another play without hood later today.

Are you sure, it says here that darktable relies on outside libraries to handle lens connection http://www.darktable.org/2015/02/on-lens-detection-and-correction/ and when you go to the list of lenses that are supported (here http://lensfun.sourceforge.net/lenslist/) the 18-55 is listed but the vign. correction says NO - I assume that vign. is vignette?

Back