The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I really need to get here. Just a bit of a slog from the West coast. Is there necessarily a best time to go?

Love the mono edit btw [emoji108]

Any dreich day really.... (most of the time on the East Coast!) its a bit of a slog from me too actually:

Attachments

• DD60F561-975A-4837-B0AF-C5F05EDADBB5.jpeg
    DD60F561-975A-4837-B0AF-C5F05EDADBB5.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 18
Went to try the XT2 against the XH1 today, and guys I want the XH1 I think. However the whole point of me moving to Fuji was to getless bulky and smaller gear...

Went to try the XT2 against the XH1 today, and guys I want the XH1 I think. However the whole point of me moving to Fuji was to getless bulky and smaller gear...

Lol I know what you mean when I tried the XH1 in a shop I was hooked...

Thinking about the XH1 are we allowed to post XH1 images in here since it is the same sensor or should we keep them in a separate thread.

Thinking about the XH1 are we allowed to post XH1 images in here since it is the same sensor or should we keep them in a separate thread.
It's almost the same camera, I see why not just post here.

Not that exciting of a capture, had a short notice/unexpected seven hour stay (outpatient) at a Hospital in Glasgow today receiving fluids via a drip, all part of my on-going treatment etc, thought I'd document part of it.

My hospital life

My hospital life by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-T1 - XF18-55mm - @ f/5.6 - iso 320 - handheld

It's almost the same camera, I see why not just post here.

Well it is still an "X" camera.....

Not that exciting of a capture, had a short notice/unexpected seven hour stay (outpatient) at a Hospital in Glasgow today receiving fluids via a drip, all part of my on-going treatment etc, thought I'd document part of it.

My hospital life

Good idea. Make something out of it... All the best Peter, hope the treatment goes well.

Well i took my Sigma HSM 800mm f5.6 prime to the show on Tuesday to sell/trade WEX offered me 1K for it but not cash or cheque only a credit not to spend or bank in a account with them.
So I walked around for a couple more hours looking for something to Buy :( bearing in mind it would have to be spent with WEX.
Any way cut a long story short I came away with a new XH1-grip and 3 batteries.
I should be over the moon with my new purchase but sadly its still in a un-opened box inside the bag.

My hospital life

Hope it goes well Peter.

Well i took my Sigma HSM 800mm f5.6 prime to the show on Tuesday to sell/trade WEX offered me 1K for it but not cash or cheque only a credit not to spend or bank in a account with them.
So I walked around for a couple more hours looking for something to Buy :( bearing in mind it would have to be spent with WEX.
Any way cut a long story short I came away with a new XH1-grip and 3 batteries.
I should be over the moon with my new purchase but sadly its still in a un-opened box inside the bag.

Must admit I do like mine, cant you get a credit refund. I know it would mean spending it with WEX but at least it give you a bit longer to find something you want.

Must admit I do like mine, cant you get a credit refund. I know it would mean spending it with WEX but at least it give you a bit longer to find something you want.
Trouble is there isn't another thing I want photographic wise hence the purchase of the XH1 which in all fairness is what I have been pestering Fuji for a body with IBIS over a number of years now:) to be able to get the best from my primes without resorting to a tripod.
But with health problems and lack of motivation it appears to be a lot of money to have sat around.
Especially as my interest in taking photos is in a rather dormant state for the first time in my life over the last 6 months or so.
Guess I need to find some inspiration from somewhere to get me out shooting something again ?

Opinions please.

I'm still using my XT10 and have immensely loved using it on my travels which is where I use my camera 90% of the time and I feel like I want to finally upgrade to either the XT2 or XH1 main reason being is that I usually shoot in quite horrible weather and I'm hoping to be able to shoot some film. The biggest con for the XH1 is the size for me whilst the XT2 is the grip and ibis.

My options at the moment are, like new XT2 going for roughly £900+1.1k at the moment on mpb, as the XH1 is brand new the only option is to buy new for 1.7k.

Is the XH1 worth the extra £700-800? Or should I just wait for the next iteration of cameras as I'm quite happy with my current setup.

Opinions please.

I'm still using my XT10 and have immensely loved using it on my travels which is where I use my camera 90% of the time and I feel like I want to finally upgrade to either the XT2 or XH1 main reason being is that I usually shoot in quite horrible weather and I'm hoping to be able to shoot some film. The biggest con for the XH1 is the size for me whilst the XT2 is the grip and ibis.

My options at the moment are, like new XT2 going for roughly £900+1.1k at the moment on mpb, as the XH1 is brand new the only option is to buy new for 1.7k.

Is the XH1 worth the extra £700-800? Or should I just wait for the next iteration of cameras as I'm quite happy with my current setup.

If your happy with what you have I would stick with it tbh.
If it still meets your needs a clear plastic food bag and a elastic band will do a far better job of weather proofing.
With add on additional grips you will find that its not very weather resistant as is the case with certain lenses.

Opinions please.

Agree with what Phiggys has already said about weather sealing I've always found the biggest problem in bad weather is keeping the lens front element clean and dry, a plastic bag or the cheap camera covers you can get have always worked for me.
Do you find the X-T10 limiting in any way? If you are not going to worry about weather sealing and use the bag trick you could think about the T20 95% of the T2 for half the price roughly.
Between the T2 and H1 I think it's the size and handling - the H1 is bigger but handles better, well for me it does at least.
And IBIS if you want it you have to buy a H1 because the T3 won't have it.
If I was going down the T2/3 route I would be thinking about an second hand T2 because when the T3 comes out it's going to be £1600.
Personally if I was going to upgrade and I wasn't worried about IBIS I would go for the T20 but that's just my opinion.

Well it is still an "X" camera.....

IMO, use the existing X-H1 thread for X-H1 photos, just like people do for other X series shots other than T ones (X-Pro, X-E etc..)

IMO, use the existing X-H1 thread for X-H1 photos, just like people do for other X series shots other than T ones (X-Pro, X-E etc..)

Yep. Makes more sense.

If anyone needs an L bracket for the X-T2 I may have a brand new Sunwayfoto bracket I don't need soon. Great bracket, but doesn'tgo with my grip which I'm finding I leave attached almost permanently these days.

Will fire it up into the classifieds shortly :)

Opinions please.

Having used the XT2 again in the last couple of weeks and briefly tried the XH1 I'd struggle to justify the extra cash to be honest, yes personally I think the ergonomics are much better than the XT2 and I'm sure the AF, IBIS is excellent too but its a lot of cash for basically the same image quality.

I'm trying to decide what to replace my lost XT2 with as I've got a couple of Fuji lenses here (35/56) and as much as I'd like an XH1 I don't think I can justify it.

Having used the XT2 again in the last couple of weeks and briefly tried the XH1 I'd struggle to justify the extra cash to be honest, yes personally I think the ergonomics are much better than the XT2 and I'm sure the AF, IBIS is excellent too but its a lot of cash for basically the same image quality.

I'm trying to decide what to replace my lost XT2 with as I've got a couple of Fuji lenses here (35/56) and as much as I'd like an XH1 I don't think I can justify it.

I quite agree with you there, I don't think it's worth that much extra for a H1 for just ibis and slightly better ergos, it's not like the XT2 is a bad camera to begin with. I've decided to get a used T2 for roughly 900-1000 unless I win the lotto...

Keeping things simple on a snowy day at the beginning of the month. If you saw this on Flickr earlier, I've cropped in a bit to make it even simpler :)

Touch of pink
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed with the touch of pink really helping to make the shot.(y)

George.

Got my x-T2, 18-55 kit lens and 100-400 on Friday - had a play with the Xh1 but that little bit bigger size wasn't what I was after.

X-T2 got a decent workout over the weekend, - my god it's a very different animal to my Canon cameras, probably took me most of the weekend to get to the point where I knew roughly what I was doing.

Bought it as a toy and holiday camera rather than for work but I shot some football with it on Saturday morning and the pics will be in the paper later this week, was very happy with the results, - but as a camera for shooting action it understandably can't live with a 1dx.

I also shot high ISO (6400) crowd pics at Hampden on Friday night with it and was more than happy with them - it will definitely go to matches with me, though whether I use it as a remote behind the goal or just an extra camera I'm not sure yet.

Both lenses are excellent, though I'm not at all sure about the 1.4 converter, OIS is brilliant on both lenses.

But (and I know I've been well warned) here and on other forums, battery life isn't what I'm used to - I can see the vertical power grip getting used more than I planned and there are too many bits which can be accidentally knocked/changed for my liking (diopter adjustment and exposure compensation dial are my favourites for altering without meaning to)

Generally I love it though - I've had two camera models from Canon that I loved the files from - the 5d and 1dx, I could live with the files from their older crop cameras but the 7d mkii put me off Canon crop sensors - files from that were brutal - this wee Fuji has restored my faith in using a crop sensor. lovely files.

First camera I've ever owned that will go with me everywhere.

Last edited:
Got my x-T2, 18-55 kit lens and 100-400 on Friday - had a play with the Xh1 but that little bit bigger size wasn't what I was after.

X-T2 got a decent workout over the weekend, - my god it's a very different animal to my Canon cameras, probably took me most of the weekend to get to the point where I knew roughly what I was doing.

Bought it as a toy and holiday camera rather than for work but I shot some football with it on Saturday morning and the pics will be in the paper later this week, was very happy with the results, - but as a camera for shooting action it understandably can't live with a 1dx.

I also shot high ISO (6400) crowd pics at Hampden on Friday night with it and was more than happy with them - it will definitely go to matches with me, though whether I use it as a remote behind the goal or just an extra camera I'm not sure yet.

Both lenses are excellent, though I'm not at all sure about the 1.4 converter, OIS is brilliant on both lenses.

But (and I know I've been well warned) here and on other forums, battery life isn't what I'm used to - I can see the vertical power grip getting used more than I planned and there are too many bits which can be accidentally knocked/changed for my liking (diopter adjustment and exposure compensation dial are my favourites for altering without meaning to)

Generally I love it though - I've had two camera models from Canon that I loved the files from - the 5d and 1dx, I could live with the files from their older crop cameras but the 7d mkii put me off Canon crop sensors - files from that were brutal - this wee Fuji has restored my faith in using a crop sensor. lovely files.

Any chance of showing some images that you took? I'm always looking for pro's using Fuji as I'm still not 100% decided on whether I fully invest into the system or not

(diopter adjustment and exposure compensation dial are my favourites for altering without meaning to)

I don't mind the dioptre adjustment dial being non-lockable - I'm not always wearing my contacts so it's handy to be able to adjust it quickly when necessary but I reckon the EC dial could do with the same arrangement as the shutter speed and ISO dials for locking - all too easy to dial in 1 or 2 /3rds of a stop without noticing. Having said that, it quickly became 2nd nature to have a quick look at the dial to check it was set to 0.

The 1.4x telecon is worth using IMO&E but the 2x degrades the image a touch too far. It's OK if you stop down a bit but as it makes the 100-400 effectively f/11 wide open at 400mm, it's not the fastest aperture lens! The 18-55 is the best "kit" lens I've used and can only really be lumped together with other kit lenses because it's often sold as part of a kit rather than it being a cheap starter lens.

Any chance of showing some images that you took? I'm always looking for pro's using Fuji as I'm still not 100% decided on whether I fully invest into the system or not
Ha ha - let me take something I really like first

I don't mind the dioptre adjustment dial being non-lockable - I'm not always wearing my contacts so it's handy to be able to adjust it quickly when necessary but I reckon the EC dial could do with the same arrangement as the shutter speed and ISO dials for locking - all too easy to dial in 1 or 2 /3rds of a stop without noticing. Having said that, it quickly became 2nd nature to have a quick look at the dial to check it was set to 0.

The 1.4x telecon is worth using IMO&E but the 2x degrades the image a touch too far. It's OK if you stop down a bit but as it makes the 100-400 effectively f/11 wide open at 400mm, it's not the fastest aperture lens! The 18-55 is the best "kit" lens I've used and can only really be lumped together with other kit lenses because it's often sold as part of a kit rather than it being a cheap starter lens.

I've only had a brief play with the teleconverer so I'll test it out a bit more before writing it off - the kit lens is outstanding, far far better across the frame than my Canon 17-40 - so much so that if I need to take a reasonably wide shot I think I'll use the X-T2 rather than a 1dx

I've only had a brief play with the teleconverer so I'll test it out a bit more before writing it off - the kit lens is outstanding, far far better across the frame than my Canon 17-40 - so much so that if I need to take a reasonably wide shot I think I'll use the X-T2 rather than a 1dx
Glad to hear someone enjoying the XT2, I'll be getting one soonish for my trip around SEA this summer.

I use the 100-400 & 1.4 a lot for wildlife, and I love it....

560mm wide open @ 1600 ISO

Egyptian Goose by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I couldn't have bettered this on my 7D2 or my 6D - that's why I no longer have them....

I use the 100-400 & 1.4 a lot for wildlife, and I love it....

560mm wide open @ 1600 ISO

Egyptian Goose by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I couldn't have bettered this on my 7D2 or my 6D - that's why I no longer have them....
Excellent stuff Steve - Main reason I've bought this lens is for photographing bears (other wildlife will be involved too) in Yellowstone and Grand Teton this summer - I'll be delighted if I get that sort of quality.

My brief test yesterday was footballers 100 yards away on an AstroTurf pitch in very harsh sunlight - so not the ideal conditions to show it at it's best.

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at St Ives Cornwall UK of a quaint little street called Bunkers Hill.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Bunkers Hill (St Ives) Cornwall-03204 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Love it George. I’m a sucker for anything Cornish. I’d be inclined to clone out the sign though.

Love it George. I’m a sucker for anything Cornish. I’d be inclined to clone out the sign though.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

George.

Back