The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

We attended a family wedding yesterday in Dunblane, Scotland. Didn't want to get in the way of the main photographer so I grabbed a few personal shots with the trusty XF18-55mm when I could.

Chris & Georgie

Chris & Georgie by APM Photography, on Flickr

iso 200 - @ f/4.5 - handheld

Just a simple Close Up Fujigraph taken in my studio of a Fender Stratocaster Tuning Pegs. Shot taken using three studio flash heads each with a largish soft box fitted and against a black paper background.

X-T2, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/250th @ F16, ISO-200, Multi Flash
Strat Head (1)-03209 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

More street...

v2

My kind of glass..

Soo torn, despite the loss I loved using the XT2 while I was away and the very few shots I've still got look ace..... dangerous... would be easier to keep the 35/56 than sell them..

Just need a 90 and a 23 :)

Love the 23 f1.4, truth be told I wish I'd had one in Rome, might just have used that! Never used the 90mm but would like to try one with the IBIS in the XH1...

Just need a 90 and a 23 :)
Really thinking about getting shot of my 90, 56 and 16. Totally stunning lenses but really think for my wedding stuff the 16-55 and 50-140 is the way ahead. Decisions decisions. Found myself changing lenses too often last time out.

Has there ever been a system that divides conquers and divides again as much as Fuji? I'm contemplating the switch back to Canon after winning a couple of schools and proms contracts. Yet I know I'd miss this system! It's infuriating

Last edited:
Has there ever been a system that divides conquers and divides again as much as Fuji? I'm contemplating the switch back to Canon after winning a couple of schools and proms contracts. Yet I know I'd miss this system! It's infuriating

Mirrorless technology is moving so fast, that its a difficult decision, do you hang on and wait for the tech to meet your requirements (X-T3, X-H2, etc) or do you keep switching back and forth. There are more and more paid for shoots being done with Fuji now, and photographers are working around the limitations because they love the system and the glass is fantastic. We are spolit for choice and no one camera system does it all!!

Really thinking about getting shot of my 90, 56 and 16. Totally stunning lenses but really think for my wedding stuff the 16-55 and 50-140 is the way ahead. Decisions decisions. Found myself changing lenses too often last time out.

Three lenses I could well be interested in

Ah the 16mm is a belter!

Soo torn, despite the loss I loved using the XT2 while I was away and the very few shots I've still got look ace..... dangerous... would be easier to keep the 35/56 than sell them..

Love the 23 f1.4, truth be told I wish I'd had one in Rome, might just have used that! Never used the 90mm but would like to try one with the IBIS in the XH1...
The 90mm is the lens i would miss the most, one of the attractions of the H1 was the ibis with the 90mm.

Lovely Ian. The West Pier offers so many opportunities.

I did feel odd photographing such a decrepit old thing though. I'm not sure it is a nice thing to look at but it does seem photogenic. There is a nearby photography shop selling fantastic pictures of the area (brightonphotography.com) and his shots really showcase the area. I was only there for a day and left my wife there at a conference. Apparently I missed two amazing sunsets and the starlings should be putting on a show too, which I didn't get to witness.

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at St Ives Cornwall UK of a quaint little street called Bunkers Hill.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Bunkers Hill (St Ives) Cornwall-03204 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Very nice! I've been going there on and off since I was a wee lad. Fantastic place for light, and handy for Godrevy and Botallack too...

Hi all - sorry I've been away for so long. I just can't get myself to fall in love with the XT-1 like I did with my X10!

There are many reasons I guess - but if I'm going to get to grips with the XT-1 I figure coming back to the community that loves the camera might just help inspire me again (y)

Ian - stunning shots @ Brighton. Are you an XT-2 guy now?

I need to read through some 400 pages of threads to catch up.

Last edited:
:)

I remember your skills with the X100. I never got one myself, stuck with the X10, but you shared some crackers.

39246323060_e9224c9950_k.jpg

My Daughter having some fun in the sun.

Reason I've shared this - I've only just noticed a load of my photos from a holiday in Feb show some sort of dust spot in the same place. Gutted. You can see it just above the horizon towards the right of the image.

Is this a sensor dust spot or lens?

If you want to get your Fuji-mojo back come with us on the April Fuji get-together in London. The last one fell through but hopefully we will be better organised next time. There's a thread in the meetings section

39246323060_e9224c9950_k.jpg

My Daughter having some fun in the sun.

Reason I've shared this - I've only just noticed a load of my photos from a holiday in Feb show some sort of dust spot in the same place. Gutted. You can see it just above the horizon towards the right of the image.

Is this a sensor dust spot or lens?
Looks like a dust spot. Easy to shift in Lightroom, if you have it.

If you want to get your Fuji-mojo back come with us on the April Fuji get-together in London. The last one fell through but hopefully we will be better organised next time. There's a thread in the meetings section
I live in London. It sounds like a plan. Do you have a link to the thread and I'll check the date works?

Wow - that's art! Thanks for the steps. I just searched for the preset. It's appears it's something you have to buy?

Yeah, I think that they are bought. A friend gave them to me. I have 3 sets including black and white and another colour set.

Looks like a dust spot. Easy to shift in Lightroom, if you have it.
I agree. Easily cloned out in LR or PS. Dust on the sensor makes smaller, sharper blobs. Dust on the rear element can make larger, cloudier ones. I think this is probably the sensor but you can test that by changing lenses. Take pictures of a white well lit wall using minimum aperture and move the camera a bit during exposure to blur everything else. Grot revealed in all its glory!

Very nice! I've been going there on and off since I was a wee lad. Fantastic place for light, and handy for Godrevy and Botallack too...

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply.(y)

George.

Back