The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Only had a quick play with the X-T3, not even checked the firmware yet. Liking what I'm seeing so far though. After using the A9 the X-T2 definitely felt sluggish but the X-T3 is a definite improvement in that regard. I don't think I have ever seen the little 35mm f1.4 work so well in AF-C... Eye AF is improved but I'd only use that in more controlled situations like I do with the A9. Why oh why did they move the exposure compensation dial (and make it so stiff), I never had trouble with it moving accidentally before and now it's next to impossible to change it just using my thumb. I'll get used to it, just have to use thumb and forefinger...

Oh, and not that it really matters but it does look so nice in silver :D

Edit: Firmware is already updated, so I guess new batches are being delivered with the latest which makes sense.

Last edited:
Only had a quick play with the X-T3, not even checked the firmware yet. Liking what I'm seeing so far though. After using the A9 the X-T2 definitely felt sluggish but the X-T3 is a definite improvement in that regard. I don't think I have ever seen the little 35mm f1.4 work so well in AF-C... Eye AF is improved but I'd only use that in more controlled situations like I do with the A9. Why oh why did they move the exposure compensation dial (and make it so stiff), I never had trouble with it moving accidentally before and now it's next to impossible to change it just using my thumb. I'll get used to it, just have to use thumb and forefinger...

Edit: Firmware is already updated, so I guess new batches are being delivered with the latest which makes sense.

Very nice aren't they, I find using the command dial with the EC set to C is the easiest way.

I have just started playing with mine and my only criticism so far is the button for BB focus doesn't feel right with the curve of the body near to it, I'll get used to it though. Great bits of kit :)

What does the Adobe DNG converter compare like with Iridient X-Transformer? Is the output quality the same?

Adobe dng converter only converts the raf. File to a dng file. It maks no adjustments. You still have to go throught the processing stage to get the images how you like them and into a format using a program of choice.

I was a bit disappointed using the app yesterday, maybe it was user error, but I couldn't change the camera mode, even if I changed the dial. For instance I was in aperture priority, but really wanted to be in manual. I couldn't work out how to do it with the app. Then I couldn't get bracketing to work.

I gave up and used an old cable release from my film days. Much easier...

Here's the photo I ended up taking:

Dumper truck
by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

The app is basically useless as far as I'm concerned. You have to have the camera set up in with focus, drive and exposure mode you want before connecting to the app as it locks in whatever state it finds the camera, doesn't matter what you press or rotate on the camera. I've had endless problems with it crashing on my Sony Z2 and then taking the camera down with it!

Picked up mine on Sunday and firmware was already upgraded too.

They didn't move the exposure compensation dial..... Same place it was on X-T2. Personally I like the fact that it's now stiffer as I was forever knocking it off setting accidentally. Though it would've been preferable if they'd just added a lock button to the middle like the other dials have.

Picked up mine on Sunday and firmware was already upgraded too.

They didn't move the exposure compensation dial..... Same place it was on X-T2. Personally I like the fact that it's now stiffer as I was forever knocking it off setting accidentally. Though it would've been preferable if they'd just added a lock button to the middle like the other dials have.

The dial is smaller on the X-T3 and as such slightly further from the edge. It's reported in reviews and you can see it in comparison images? It's the first thing I noticed when using the camera as I'm so used to using the X-T2 by changing ec with my thumb.

Looks like my X-T3 is a duffer. Both EVF and LCD show scan lines when the shutter release is half pressed. It is really bad when under exposing. It is I assume from the refresh rate of the lighting and doesn't show in the final image but really annoying. The X-T2 never did this and nor do the A9 or X-T1. I assume it's not supposed to do this and isn't an undocumented feature :D

Last edited:
I seem to be having yet another issue with my X-T3. :(

The camera is functioning perfectly in every aspect but one, it wont take a picture!
When I press the shutter button nothing happens. If I enter the menu and then press the shutter it exits the menu and goes back to showing live view on the LCD so the button itself is functioning, but it seems it has developed a software bug stopping it from knowing to take the shot when the button it pressed.

I can connect and control via the app and can successfully take a shot that way..

I have had more issues with this camera in the last 3-4 weeks than I have had in the last 15 years of photography. :(
So, the shoot without a lens setting........ :oops: :$

Ordered my X-T3 on Saturday before the £200 trade in deal ended. The silver's were the only ones in stock at WEX.

I hope I still get the £200 cashback as got the X-T3 before it came to an end, but today Jessops gave me a form for £100 cashback but I have emailed Fuji asking if I can still have the £200 when I make my claim next week.

I havent had this issue however there have been a few small bugs.

One of the issues is every now and then the electronic viewfinder seems to lag and become jerky. The live view remains ok. Turn off and on usually stops it but it would result in a missed shot if shooting action. My understanding is this is supposed to save battery and when half pressing the shutter button it goes back to normal. I am sure I had it on my X-T2.

Another issue I have every now and again is the focus point square dissapears from live view so you cannot see where you are focussing. Again turn off and on. Have you accidentally pressed the DISP/BACK button while looking at the screen?

I also had an issue where I tried to turn the camera off, but it didnt turn off. Had to take the battery out. This only happened once and was when I accidentally started a long exposure so tried to stop it early.

Feels like it needs a firmware update to fix some minor bugs.

EDIT: I have emailed the issues I have had to Fuji UK technical queries contact. Might be worth letting them know so they can look at the right firmware updates.

fujifilmtec_uk@fujifilm.com

I hope I still get the £200 cashback as got the X-T3 before it came to an end, but today Jessops gave me a form for £100 cashback but I have emailed Fuji asking if I can still have the £200 when I make my claim next week.

That's the current deal, which wasn't in place when you bought your X-T3 as the £200 deal was.

Agreed. I have decided to go for the silver one after a black X-T1 and X-T2. I really like it.

Fill in the online claim form not the paper one Jessops gave you. You will need to upload a copy of the receipt clearly showing the date plus a pic of the box showing the model and serial number.

I had an hour yesterday afternoon down at my local lake in Iver (Bucks) and rather than my 100-400, I limited myself to my 35 f1.4. It worked out better than expected....

DSCF2901 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2899 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2886 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

The Flickr album is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevejelly/albums/72157674594776798 And I've uploaded them to the TP group as well.

I found the challenge of just me, an X-T2 and 35mm quite refreshing. I had the 16mm in my pocket, just in case......

That looks more like a puddle than a lake:eek:

Last edited:
There you go, a reply to my query from the Fujifilm promotional department

'Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your call.

Online claims must be submitted no sooner than 30 (thirty) and no later than 60 (sixty) days from the date of new qualifying purchase.

The Trade-In must be submitted at the time of claim.

If you purchased a qualified product before 30/09/2018, you are qualified for this promotion.

You are not necessary to trade in before 30/09/2018, but you need to trade in by the time you submit your claim.

Should you require any further support, please do not hesitate to contact us.'

So as long as you have pre-ordered or purchased your camera by the 30th of September you should qualify for the £200 cashback

Last edited:
Popped out for a walk at lunchtime, any excuse to use the X-T3 more. Couldn't get it to shoot over ~5fps or so, and no obvious settings jumping out at me as to why that should be so... Got home, a bit fed up to be honest... then I find the culprit 'Flicker reduction'... Turned it on last night when I was looking at the issue I have with the screen refresh. Do not leave this on if you want to use high FPS!

Popped out for a walk at lunchtime, any excuse to use the X-T3 more. Couldn't get it to shoot over ~5fps or so, and no obvious settings jumping out at me as to why that should be so... Got home, a bit fed up to be honest... then I find the culprit 'Flicker reduction'... Turned it on last night when I was looking at the issue I have with the screen refresh. Do not leave this on if you want to use high FPS!

Speedy, wonder why it's so slow with FR.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Kent UK of some small boats moored in the outer harbour in the evening light. In the distance you can see the French coastline. The model house you can see in the snap is all to do with the Folkestone Triennial.

X-T2, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/1250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Tripod.
Boats In The Evening Light-03262 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Lovely colours George, nice calm evening too. I bet it was a bit cooler than it looks! :D

Lovely colours George, nice calm evening too. I bet it was a bit cooler than it looks! :D

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Kent UK of some small boats moored in the outer harbour in the evening light. In the distance you can see the French coastline. The model house you can see in the snap is all to do with the Folkestone Triennial.

George.
A very peaceful scene.

I imagine it's down to how it works to remove the flicker :thinking:

From the manual;

Enabling flicker reduction disables the electronic shutter and increases the time needed to record pictures.

George.

Lovely stuff George.

Back