The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thank you both, now sorted out. I forgot I had the Slingshot 202 as just put the 50-140mm on the X-T3 and it goes in fine.
I have just taken the Tripod foot off too so that helps, but will have to remember NOT to let the camera hang down.

To get things in bags, I often loosen the foot and turn it through 90 degrees uses up wasted space.

Following on from @Dave70D in another thread - re PD installation!!

Here are some hopefully useful pictures of how to install them and not have them rattling!! First X-T20 using Fuji triangle strap clips and Fuji protector

1i7yz6Sh.jpg

CqVklC5h.jpg

3YRZ8WRh.jpg

And now a neater solution using round rings and protective pads from 1901 fotografi

Xi90fBWh.jpg

tbZJPeDh.jpg

I'll let you work out the strap origami, took me about an hour to suss it, and then doing the rest was easy!!!

I put a copy of this post in X-T thread as well

I'm sure if you are using all the correct PD stuff it will be fine. You could always put on a breakable threadlock if you are really of a nervous disposition! http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/t_lkr_blue/overview/Loctite-Threadlocker-Blue-242.htm

Thank you, don`t really fancy putting glue on it so think I will wait till my replacement anchors arrive. Then I will have one one the camera and the other on the foot, as I`d still have the camera in my hand anyway. Thanks again David.

With each of the PD Slide and Slide Lite you get 4 anchors. So I’ve got 3 on each camera and 2 spares + a box of 4 spare and 2 catches.

Hi guys, I’ve not been on here for a while. I’m thinking of selling my X-T2 plus grip and two lenses. The kit lens 18-55 no box for this, it was from my X-T1. And a 35mm f2. I’ve not used them since buying. They’re still in their boxes. I’ve no idea what they’re worth, so was hoping you could give me some idea. I’ve only taken a few snaps at home.
Thanks.

If you do sell them Peter tag me in the post as I would be intretsted in the 35mm f2.

Anyone interested in the upcoming Viltrox 85mm 1.8 for Fuji mount? They're taking pre-orders on it on ebay, £285 - seems a nice price if it is any good.

It looks nice if I didn't have the 90mm I would be very interested.

Could be a nice budget alternative to the 90mm. It would depend of course on it's performance, especially wide open, and if the AF is nice and snappy, and quiet too. With some of these third party Chinese offerings AF is loud and a bit sluggish, but I believe this lens has a micro usb port which means there could be FW updates over time.

I forgot to link the ebay listing in my previous post: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VILTROX-...m=163590512721&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

Now, that is direct from China so the usual - be wary of potential customs charges. Probably better to wait until UK sites get them in

Last edited:
Could be a nice budget alternative to the 90mm. It would depend of course on it's performance, especially wide open, and if the AF is nice and snappy, and quiet too. With some of these third party Chinese offerings AF is loud and a bit sluggish, but I believe this lens has a micro usb port which means there could be FW updates over time.

I forgot to link the ebay listing in my previous post: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VILTROX-85mm-F1-8-AF-lens-Portrait-fixed-focus-lens-For-Fuji-FX-mount-Presale/163590512721?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20131017132637&meid=8c09ad5dc9cf48b7ac0ad32d75ae8a80&pid=100033&rk=3&rkt=8&mehot=pp&sd=223441439813&itm=163590512721&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

Now, that is direct from China so the usual - be wary of potential customs charges. Probably better to wait until UK sites get them in
Even they are saying Presale so Wonder if they have them in stock yet

Even they are saying Presale so Wonder if they have them in stock yet

From what I've read around they are ready to ship, maybe Viltrox set a specific date? If I still shot Fuji I would definitely wait to see some reviews first though.

Its nice to see some choice be very interested to read the reviews

One thing I immediately noticed about it is no aperture ring, which might turn some people off as that's what they love about Fuji lenses. Wouldn't bother me so much, my main lens for M43 atm doesn't have one, it's as easy flick the rear wheel to change it as physically change on lens.

One thing I immediately noticed about it is no aperture ring, which might turn some people off as that's what they love about Fuji lenses. Wouldn't bother me so much, my main lens for M43 atm doesn't have one, it's as easy flick the rear wheel to change it as physically change on lens.
Agree with you there I do like the aperture on the lenses but it's easily worked around if the lens delivers in the IQ stakes.

Agree with you there I do like the aperture on the lenses but it's easily worked around if the lens delivers in the IQ stakes.

When it comes to adapting old lenses I love that they have an aperture ring for obvious reasons, but with native lenses I don't think it matters too much. In fact, sometimes it can be worse to have it on lens, as I discovered with a 15mm Pana-Leica lens for my G80 a while back. It has an aperture ring but it was really loose, it would change at the merest touch, which ended up being frustrating as a lot of the time when I was shooting through the evf, I'd accidentally knock it out of position. It was also a very small pancake type lens so very fiddly. When it's done right, an aperture ring on lens is great, but it needs to be stiff enough not get moved accidentally.

I seen that before, it is from last Sptember though, and I believe they have upgraded the FW for the lens since. Still, even going by that AF seems snappy enough for an 85mm

I`m happy with my 56, although if I shot more portrait, I think I`d still go for the 90 tbh

I`m happy with my 56, although if I shot more portrait, I think I`d still go for the 90 tbh

Both those lenses are much more expensive than this 85, which is aimed more at the photographer on a budget, or someone who doesn't use that FL very much. I would rather either of the lenses you mention too, but not if this turns out to be decent and you could have another nice prime to go with for the money.

Both those lenses are much more expensive than this 85, which is aimed more at the photographer on a budget, or someone who doesn't use that FL very much. I would rather either of the lenses you mention too, but not if this turns out to be decent and you could have another nice prime to go with for the money.

Fair point, but I`d want to see proper "in the field reviews" before I`d even consider it.

Reading that ebay page, it says "fixed focus", do they mean "fixed focal length"? Or am I missing something?

Reading that ebay page, it says "fixed focus", do they mean "fixed focal length"? Or am I missing something?

That'll be the usual 'Engrish' :D I guess they mean fixed focal length

Here's a first look at it, bit of a huge beast for the smaller bodies. Also I would definitely hold off as there's an issue with aperture changing, not the best start!

Info says it weighs 636 g ?!?!?

What is it made of ?

It's designed for full frame also, so it is a bit of a hefty lump, looks to be well made though apart from the crappy hood

This is a few from Cromer last weekend, all with the trusty 18-55.

Norfolk-016 by David Walker, on Flickr

This one I was just playing with and almost binned when I was reviewing them back home, but I was impressed with just how much detail could be pulled back from the highlights to make it a passable image.
Norfolk-015 by David Walker, on Flickr

And this one I am saving for when my wife and daughter form a band.....
Norfolk-018 by David Walker, on Flickr

Has anyone got to handle an X-T30 yet.
I must say it seems quite a GAS inducing new camera.
As it gives a feature rich High quality sensor and processing package, at a very moderate price.
the main question for me is it large enough to hold and use, with or without a hand grip?

Has anyone got to handle an X-T30 yet.
I must say it seems quite a GAS inducing new camera.
As it gives a feature rich High quality sensor and processing package, at a very moderate price.
the main question for me is it large enough to hold and use, with or without a hand grip?
The bigger question is how much will Fuji knock off in a couple of months time or put another way how hard will early adopters get shafted again.

The bigger question is how much will Fuji knock off in a couple of months time or put another way how hard will early adopters get shafted again.

How long one waits, is the fine art of balancing lust against will power.

I usually manage to wait at least a year. But as I get further into my dotage, and I collect more and more ailments, time might be of the essence, if I am to ever have one to play with.
What is certain is that I do not NEED another camera. but that is what GAS is all about.

Last edited:
Back