The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm sure I read somewhere that Fuji is still going to be selling the XT20 as well? So if that is true not quite as much as you might think.
That would just mean that they have some stock left, which is surprising as it was their highest selling X camera.

I attended the Photography Show yesterday - I couldn't resist the X-T3 kit and the XF100-400mm + T/C. The intention is for it to be a lighter weight travel set up than my Nikon D500 and AF-S 200-500mm zoom.
Had a quick play today - very impressed yet again with the Fuji glass. Now for birds in flight.....

I attended the Photography Show yesterday - I couldn't resist the X-T3 kit and the XF100-400mm + T/C. The intention is for it to be a lighter weight travel set up than my Nikon D500 and AF-S 200-500mm zoom.
Had a quick play today - very impressed yet again with the Fuji glass. Now for birds in flight.....

Would be very interested how the 100-400 shapes up for birds in flight, I have the xt-2 but I switched to Fuji from a Nikon D500.

I hope to be trying BIF tomorrow - will report back if I do.

I went to Brandon Marsh nature reserve today to try out my new X-T3/100-400 combination.
Unfortunately, for some reason, the AF C would just not focus. When I got home I talked to Fuji, and after a camera reset the autofocus worked OK - obviously I had set something up in the menus that caused the AF C to malfunction.
Here's a selection anyway.

Tree Creeper by Malcolm Fisher, on Flickr

Tree Creeper with nesting material. by Malcolm Fisher, on Flickr

DSCF2033 - 2019-03-21 at 10-13-08 by Malcolm Fisher, on Flickr

Ladies and Gents - I am thinking of trying a Viltrox EF to XF adapter to mount a Canon 100mm on my Fuji body for macro (I sometimes use autofocus but it doesn't have to be amazing). Any experience of these? Think it would work ok?

no experience with the viltrox but the fringer adapter is brilliant.

Ladies and Gents - I am thinking of trying a Viltrox EF to XF adapter to mount a Canon 100mm on my Fuji body for macro (I sometimes use autofocus but it doesn't have to be amazing). Any experience of these? Think it would work ok?

Fujirumours just added info on another EF-FX adapter today: https://www.fujirumors.com/gloryme-ef-fx-autofocus-adapter/
Not much info on it but someone in the comments there has chanced buying one and says they will report back.

I have the Viltrox EF-M1 for M43 on the way, it'll be much the same as the one for Fuji, only really good in S-AF - which is fine with me as it's all I ever use.

@addicknchips .....

Jonathan, she is becoming my firm favourite as you’re muse, another fantastic picture.

Wow, those eyes just burn into your soul. Incredible image and a fantastic memory for her in future years.

thanks for the positive feedback.
i have a very short window of time where she will listen to me or stand still - so its a case of doing as best as i can with that time and often getting a little lucky!

I am not sure I am convinced by the 55-200 yet.

To save filling this thread with my images, I have already shared some here.
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/norfolk-deer.693487/

Maybe I am pixel peeping, but it the images don't appear to be very sharp, more like it is slightly missing focus? Maybe I am expecting too much, my only benchmark I have to compare against is my old canon 70-200 L f2.8 IS.

Additionally the zoom creep on it is awful, half a dozen steps with is hanging from a shoulder strap ad it is fully extended which is annoying to have to keep hold of the zoom ring when walking, but I am concerned walking about with it fully extended could result in damage.
I have contacted fuji to ask if it is a known issue and if there is a fix (ie a way to tighten the zoom ring) and they have responded asking if I have proof of purchase. I do, but not by me, I bought it used at a couple of months old so not sure the best way to play it. :thinking:

I am not sure I am convinced by the 55-200 yet.

To save filling this thread with my images, I have already shared some here.
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/norfolk-deer.693487/

Maybe I am pixel peeping, but it the images don't appear to be very sharp, more like it is slightly missing focus? Maybe I am expecting too much, my only benchmark I have to compare against is my old canon 70-200 L f2.8 IS.

Additionally the zoom creep on it is awful, half a dozen steps with is hanging from a shoulder strap ad it is fully extended which is annoying to have to keep hold of the zoom ring when walking, but I am concerned walking about with it fully extended could result in damage.
I have contacted fuji to ask if it is a known issue and if there is a fix (ie a way to tighten the zoom ring) and they have responded asking if I have proof of purchase. I do, but not by me, I bought it used at a couple of months old so not sure the best way to play it. :thinking:

A fairer comparison would be Canon 70-200 L F2.8 v XF 50-140mm F2.8 - same effective focal lengths

I normally stop when she gives me that look..lol

Haha I know what you mean, mate. Fortunately my cat just turns around and gives me the rear end ;)

I have to say I struggle with BIF with the T2, but I think a lot of that is down to my poor technique rather than the camera.... I think the T3 will be better though.

Back