The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Both Fuji and Zeiss are developing their own longer range focal lengths to add to the system.

However,one of the most appealing aspects of the X series, is the ability to fit Nikon lenses via a Fotodiox Nikon Lens Mount Adapter. There are also other manufacturers out there who produce the same thing.

However,one of the most appealing aspects of the X series, is the ability to fit Nikon lenses via a Fotodiox Nikon Lens Mount Adapter. There are also other manufacturers out there who produce the same thing.

But thats the same for all the CSC cameras, I actually found it easier to source legacy lens adapters for my OMD than the fuji, certainly cheaper, and then theres the ibis as well which is such a boon with legacy lenses

Steve

Indeed - but it's also why mirrorless isn't the magic bullet for all.

Yet.
It was for me. and even more so now that the AF is spot on (supposedly) ive been going back to the old days when i learned on film for motorsports with the xe-1. Manual focus on a point and shoot that point as i pan. it isnt as great as the 1dmk3 or 7d i sold. but im super happy with my choice to ditch the mirror

Please ignore ! Sorry, posted something here instead of the Pro 1 thread by mistake.

Last edited:
My X-T1 is due to arrive today (according to the tracker) I already own an X-pro1 and X- E1 and the intention was to sell these as I think the spec on the X-T1 suits me better than the other two but the reviews seem to imply the X-T1 sits below the XPro in the range so I think I'll have to wait and see which one I prefer.

My X-T1 is due to arrive today (according to the tracker) I already own an X-pro1 and X- E1 and the intention was to sell these as I think the spec on the X-T1 suits me better than the other two but the reviews seem to imply the X-T1 sits below the XPro in the range so I think I'll have to wait and see which one I prefer.

I think its obvious the XT-1 is superior, not sure whats going on in Fujis head.

And when you compare the specifications between the X-T1, X-E2 & X-Pro 1 it does make you wonder ?

http://www.fujivsfuji.com/xt1-vs-xe2-vs-xpro1/

I think its obvious the XT-1 is superior, not sure whats going on in Fujis head.

Even Fuji's Makoto Ooishi, Products Planning Division, Fujifilm Corporation says it better than all the other X models.....

Keep all 3 :)

Where did you pre order yours from :)

Last edited:
And when you compare the specifications between the X-T1, X-E2 & X-Pro 1 it does make you wonder ?

http://www.fujivsfuji.com/xt1-vs-xe2-vs-xpro1/

Even Fuji's Makoto Ooishi, Products Planning Division, Fujifilm Corporation says it better than all the other X models.....

I think that even if the X-T1 is the best camera in every possible way a lot of people will still want the RF style cameras just for the RF style shape and I'm sure that any X-T1 betterness will be incorporated into the RF style models over time as new ones come out.

Choice is good.

BTW...

One thing that originally put me off these cameras is that when I tried converting raw files my CS5 put a grid of dots over the image.

I now convert my A7 raws to DNG and process in CS5 and I wondered if any updates to DNG would negate the dot issue in CS5. Anyone know?

I'm a Canon 1DX user and up until now how many shot landscapes, in both daylight and nighttime scenarios. I've got used to lugging the weight around with me but now I'm looking at trying my hand at a few more model shoots I'm very very tempted by this and it may end up getting more use as tie goes by. I'm going to push the button at the weekend by buy body only then the 18-55 and 55-200 seperatly so I get the £300 cashback offer

I think DR are a little confused with their pricing, just because they did a video review doesnt mean anyones going to pay UK rrp for a grey import!

Any decent reviews/opinions on how well the AF works in low light yet? Just offloaded my X-Pro1 in anticipation of buying something that doesn't hunt so much in low light (my little X-M1 is as good as the X-Pro1). I'm hovering over the buy button for a 6D/24-105 combo, but would really love the X-T1/18-55 combo to be the one. I know it won't be as good as the 6D, but even if it comes vaguely close I'd be happy.

Last edited:
Any decent reviews/opinions on how well the AF works in low light yet? Just offloaded my X-Pro1 in anticipation of buying something that doesn't hunt so much in low light (my little X-M1 is as good as the X-Pro1). I'm hovering over the buy button for a 6D/24-105 combo, but would really love the X-T1/18-55 combo to be the one. I know it won't be as good as the 6D, but even if it comes vaguely close I'd be happy.

I wouldnt write home about the 6D tbh. Theres a difference between obtaining lock in low EV and how long it takes.

I think DR are a little confused with their pricing, just because they did a video review doesnt mean anyones going to pay UK rrp for a grey import!
Definitely confused with their pricing. I enquired about the price and they offered me a £10 reduction :rolleyes: Don't think they'll entice too many UK buyers with the current pricing.

Definitely confused with their pricing. I enquired about the price and they offered me a £10 reduction :rolleyes: Don't think they'll entice too many UK buyers with the current pricing.

They didnt even offer me that, he did say they do free shipping! What an incentive!! :banana:

Oh wait...... so do all the UK camera shops. :rolleyes:

I read it was possible to use Nikon lenses with an adapter for the XT 1? Is such a thing true?

They didnt even offer me that, he did say they do free shipping! What an incentive!! :banana:

Oh wait...... so do all the UK camera shops. :rolleyes:
I just went ahead and put an order in with Wex. Got £21 TopCashback so a slightly better deal and of course it's not grey.

Well just picked mine up from my local LCE,charge up the battery and will give it a try,got my free card & case,plus their is an offer of £250 off the 16-55mm F2.8 when it come out :)

Well just picked mine up from my local LCE,charge up the battery and will give it a try,got my free card & case,plus their is an offer of £250 off the 16-55mm F2.8 when it come out :)

:wideyed: Nice mate, congrats. Excellent deal with the voucher!!

Just brought your X-Pro1 :D,to be honest the focusing on all the Fuji have been all right for me,before i was using Nikon D3/D700 but the weight was just to much to carry around,if it wasn't for the weight i would still be using them,maybe an upgrade to an D3s.
I think to get fast low light focusing you need to be looking at the pro spec DSLR from Nikon/Canon,but they don't come cheap :(

Thanks traded in my OM-EM 5 and lens,after trying a few ccs system i am now happy with the Fuji will be sticking with them :)

Same here bud, I left Fuji a while back to try other brands (as you know) but as an allround package IMO Fuji comes out tops for me.

Just brought your X-Pro1 :D,to be honest the focusing on all the Fuji have been all right for me,before i was using Nikon D3/D700 but the weight was just to much to carry around,if it wasn't for the weight i would still be using them,maybe an upgrade to an D3s.
I think to get fast low light focusing you need to be looking at the pro spec DSLR from Nikon/Canon,but they don't come cheap :(

I think the X-T1 will be the one for me, makes most sense considering I'm already invested in the system.

I see LCE have stock all over the place today (and Digital Depot have them available), so I guess the first batch has arrived in the UK.

Last edited:
I think the X-T1 will be the one for me, makes most sense considering I'm already invested in the system.

I see LCE have stock all over the place today (and Digital Depot have them available), so I guess the first batch has arrived in the UK.

Yep my Local one had one on display to try,hope this is the one for you :)

I got one of these and can advise that it is very well made and my Nikon 10-24 works a treat on it, without AF of course. Saves me the cost of the somewhat expensive Fuji 10-24 !

Ahh okay. There's always a caveat! No AF. :(

Back