Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I had both converters for a short while but sold the wide and kept the Tele. For the odd occasion that I would use either converter I would rather stitch shots in PP than crop to zoom.

The wide converter is certainly a lot easier to pop in a pocket than the tele is, and obviously it all comes down to your shooting style.

In other breaking news: I've sold the X100 again and ordered another X100T :wacky:

Trev I think I've already asked you this back somewhere but do you find the WCL a lot wider in practice if you get my meaning,in other words it was money well spent? lovely shot.

Yep. Pretty much as Brian says. Thing is I've got so used to it, I haven't even thought about taking it off.

I can honestly say my Gas has disappeared since i got the X100 back,i feel really content,mind you i have bought 2 Gibson acoustics and saving for a third but my photography gas has gone at least,love this camera.

GAS...not me

I'm going to look at a Leica M6 tomorrow ..

Got another attack of X100 Gas, problem is with Christmas just around the corner, funds are limited (by the Wife).

Wondering just how 'slow' the original X100 is compared to the X100 S or T? At present I shoot with X-T1 and X-Pro1 and to be honest have no real issue between the two AF speed wise, the only thing that bugs me with the X-Pro1 is the diopter thing. Not convinced mine is actually spot on for my eyesight or not.

So, I guess the question I'm (probably again) asking is if I don't notice that much difference between the X-Pro1 and X-T1 am I going to between an original X100 compared to the S or T?

Got another attack of X100 Gas, problem is with Christmas just around the corner, funds are limited (by the Wife).

Wondering just how 'slow' the original X100 is compared to the X100 S or T? At present I shoot with X-T1 and X-Pro1 and to be honest have no real issue between the two AF speed wise, the only thing that bugs me with the X-Pro1 is the diopter thing. Not convinced mine is actually spot on for my eyesight or not.

So, I guess the question I'm (probably again) asking is if I don't notice that much difference between the X-Pro1 and X-T1 am I going to between an original X100 compared to the S or T?

I found the X-Pro to be better than the X100 but then it should be as it was newer and an 'evolution' of the X100 in many ways, I'd have a look for a used X100s they seem to be relatively cheap these days (especially v the £800+ new price of the X100T), I'm tempted myself, totally lost my enthusiasm for getting out and taking shots and I've always found the Fuji's to be "fun" to use if not technically a match for my old Nikon Full Frame Kit.

Better in what terns, on performance maybe but i still prefer the x100 image wise to any later incarnations having had the s and had some time though not owning the others but took photos and saved them and i just like the look of the bayer sensor images better than the trans but others prefer the trans so up to you

Not sure if you know, but you can change the viewfinder lens on the XPro1 for your eyesight prescription, if you have one and providing it's in the range.

http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/accessories/diopter-correction-lenses

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f...-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=1WI3VqWfK8X1at3gmcAP

Not sure if you know, but you can change the viewfinder lens on the XPro1 for your eyesight prescription, if you have one and providing it's in the range.

http://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/accessories/diopter-correction-lenses

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f...-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=1WI3VqWfK8X1at3gmcAP

Yes, thanks I appreciate that and I guess it's something I need to look at... Just a pain in the proverbial trying to get the right one!

Still looking at the obvious AF speed differences between the original X100 and subsequent models. :)

Just a test shot really of a "Christmas Cactus Leaf". Using a Fuji X100s & Raynox 202.

Fuji X100s, Raynox MSN 202, 1/40th @ F16, 200-ISO, Available Light.

X100s Plus Raynox 202 (Test-2)-100894 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

I really like your pic of the cactus, would love to try this with my X100t.Can you give me more info on what i need to buy.What Raynox

Yes, thanks I appreciate that and I guess it's something I need to look at... Just a pain in the proverbial trying to get the right one!

Still looking at the obvious AF speed differences between the original X100 and subsequent models. :)

I guess you need someone who's owned both... @davekiddle You there Dave ?

When I had the original X100 the speed never bothered me, I did notice a difference when the firmware was upgraded but soon forgot about it. When I bought the X100S the difference in speed was noticeable but probably some of that was me justifying the upgrade. And again the difference was soon forgotten. When I got the X100T I was more impressed with the ability to change controls to how I wanted them, another improvement in speed that was soon forgotten. I then used the X100T in a trade and ended up buying the original X100 again. The loss in speed wasn't a problem and was funnily enough soon forgotten.

Sold the X100 last week and two hours ago a shiny new X100T arrived. Nothing to do with focus speed that made me change back it was down to being able to customise controls to working very similar to the X-T1 and having the same sensor means that all my PP is fairly consistent.

I guess you need someone who's owned both... @davekiddle You there Dave ?
I dunno as I upgraded to my X100S just before the firmware update on the original x100. The S is definitely faster than the original x100 before the last firmware upgrade.
PS my S is currently up for sale if anyone is interested :-D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks guys, definitely food for thought. As much as I'd like a T, with Christmas looming unless other examples of it pop up in the Classifieds for £500 I won't be having a T... Bit slow there! :)

I just got myself a WCL-X100 and looking for a small case I can put it in so it's got a bit of protection in my pocket when not on the camera.

Has anybody found the perfect sized case?

Last edited:
What is it about this Fuji X100. I am now on my 3rd one. It's almost like a love hate relationship. I remember getting my first one from the refurb store for the bargain price of around £700 back in the day. Of course this was before the great firmware updates. I think the SAB issue put the fear in me and I sold it.
Then last year I grabbed a 23n serial number for £350 but succumbed to an Amazon deal of the day on an Olympus Em5 so the Fuji had to go.
Now I am reunited with a mint 13n serial X100 for £250 with 6 months warranty. If it ain't had SAB in 4 years then the odds are it won't happen.
Let's hope it's 3rd time a charm!

My new T should arrive today. I had the X100 just after it was announced, sold it and bought an S but sold it a few months ago. Now just waiting for the postman to call.
Didn't realise how much I would miss this camera till I was without one for a while.

I decided to upgrade my X100 to the 'T' after seeing one for a good price in the classifieds, was pleasantly surprised when it turned up in fantastic condition. I sold my X100 to mpb for £250 which was a bit of a kicker losing £750 on it but hey, that's technology for you.

The only thing that disappointed me was the packaging for the X100T, after packing the X100 up in its 'premium' packaging to send off and receiving the 'T' in a box fit for some crappy smartphone, what a let down to a great camera.
Alright I know it's only a box but from the start, opening the box you knew the X100 was special!

On the plus side, I'm loving the X100T :)

Last edited:
I've tried a X100S for a while and I'm wondering: any of you using the OVF? Because the parallax correction doesn't happen on the fly (to be fair enough, I assume that's something of a technical impossibility) I found it pretty useless for somewhat closeup portraits. Then I got annoyed that it kept switching between EVF and OVF every time I previewed (not sure why this happens) or switched the camera off.

The only thing that disappointed me was the packaging for the X100T, after packing the X100 up in its 'premium' packaging to send off and receiving the 'T' in a box fit for some crappy smartphone, what a let down to a great camera.
Alright I know it's only a box but from the start, opening the box you knew the X100 was special!

On the plus side, I'm loving the X100T :)

I was disappointed in the S packaging, the original camera was packaged like a Leica!

I've tried a X100S for a while and I'm wondering: any of you using the OVF? Because the parallax correction doesn't happen on the fly (to be fair enough, I assume that's something of a technical impossibility) I found it pretty useless for somewhat closeup portraits. Then I got annoyed that it kept switching between EVF and OVF every time I previewed (not sure why this happens) or switched the camera off.

I almost always used the OVF on my S, as far as I can remember, the parallax correction worked well ( little green focus box moved as you focused) but you have to turn this feature on in the menu.

What is it about this Fuji X100. I am now on my 3rd one. It's almost like a love hate relationship. I remember getting my first one from the refurb store for the bargain price of around £700 back in the day. Of course this was before the great firmware updates. I think the SAB issue put the fear in me and I sold it.
Then last year I grabbed a 23n serial number for £350 but succumbed to an Amazon deal of the day on an Olympus Em5 so the Fuji had to go.
Now I am reunited with a mint 13n serial X100 for £250 with 6 months warranty. If it ain't had SAB in 4 years then the odds are it won't happen.
Let's hope it's 3rd time a charm!
Gas gas gas ;)

I'm having a bit of a crisis. I'm busy lusting after another Leica M9, but also have an X100T plus Sony A7R and RX100IV. I'm contemplating selling the A7R and X100T for the Leica plus a couple of lenses.

BUT...The X100T is so nice. But...the Leica is so good to use. Anyway, I picked up my X100T again today for a play after not having used it for a while and it is lovely. I mainly use it in OVF as I like to know the exposure and exact framing when I take a shot.

20151119-_FUJ2006.jpg

Back