Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Loving both of these.

Two very nice shots Sir, particularly liking the second image.(y)

George.

Thanks, both. They were shot in my hometown yesterday, it was a glorious morning.

It's funny I lost interest in landscapes a long time ago. I bought an x100f for street work mostly but have found myself shooting more landscapes than I ever have before. 35mm equiv really is the most versatile focal length for me.

Thanks, both. They were shot in my hometown yesterday, it was a glorious morning.

It's funny I lost interest in landscapes a long time ago. I bought an x100f for street work mostly but have found myself shooting more landscapes than I ever have before. 35mm equiv really is the most versatile focal length for me.
I would tend to agree, with the caveat that to my surprise I’m using the WCL more than I expected.

Great shots, btw!

Thanks for the F/X-T2 comparisons - very helpful. Just waiting on my amazon refund..... knowing my luck they’ll send it straight back and refuse to refund me!

Great. Shows how versatile these little cameras are.

Thanks Trevor. Have always found 35mm or equivalent quite a useful length. I'm finding the X100T somewhat slicker than the X100 when it comes to just getting it to do what I want in a timely manner. Miss the X100 output a little but was finding the speed of operation unbearable in the end.

The other thing I'm noticing with the X100T is the vastly better low light ability. That shot of the lit up rabbits was iso 6400 and f/2 at 1/70. It was really dark but it's cleaned up really nicely. The X100 wasn't bad in that regard it would have been struggling in that scenario.

Now as I've said before, I don't do people. So I thought I'd share this exception. A quick snap taken in Australia of my wife and our latest grand-daughter. Bit of a messy background. Processed solely in Lightroom.

Mother and Grand-daughter by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Mersea Island... Fuji X100F F8 1/200 ISO 200

KY5SG03.jpg

Last edited:
Seems Amazon might have caught up with me - they’ve issued the refund but (probably rightly so) have emailed me about my unusually high rate of returns and items being sent back not ‘as new’ i.e. a recent X100F :(

So, whatever camera I order (if from them) next will likely need to be ‘the one’ or it’ll have to get sold elsewhere at a loss rather than the safety blanket of their returns policy.

I now need to choose - X100F, X-T2, A6500, D500.

Seems Amazon might have caught up with me - they’ve issued the refund but (probably rightly so) have emailed me about my unusually high rate of returns and items being sent back not ‘as new’ i.e. a recent X100F :(

So, whatever camera I order (if from them) next will likely need to be ‘the one’ or it’ll have to get sold elsewhere at a loss rather than the safety blanket of their returns policy.

They have been known to ban people for too many returns.

They have been known to ban people for too many returns.

I read this too Robert. Luckily, of the 5x returns (out of 20 orders) in the last 30 days, 2x were damaged on arrival or not new, 2x were late or incorrectly sent, unopened and returned as new and only 1x, the F, was opened, tested and returned which obviously can’t be sold as new. So, having gone back to them with a similar dialogue but in more detail and justification, I hope not to be banned !

If you’re only buying one it’s a toughie.
The F for me is 90% of what I shoot.
Had X-T2, loved it with 10-24 and 18-55, let it go in favour of D500 and long lens for occasional wildlife.
Right now they are my only digital cameras.
If forced to choose only one...well..

Enjoying the new F

https://flic.kr/p/21XjXNh

Sorry can’t add the bbcode using my iPad!
There is a way! First, go into Flickr from Śafari rather than the app. Get to the BB code in the normal way. Start to copy the code for a few characters. Then grab the end mark and pull it slowly and carefully DOWN the page until you can see it’s at the end of the code. Move the front marker to the start of the code. Then just press “copy”. Paste into your post. Works well with practice, and easier with a stylus.

If you’re only buying one it’s a toughie.
The F for me is 90% of what I shoot.
Had X-T2, loved it with 10-24 and 18-55, let it go in favour of D500 and long lens for occasional wildlife.
Right now they are my only digital cameras.
If forced to choose only one...well..

Thanks Trevor.
I know the F is all I need, and any of the other ILCs would be a waste of money for me. I’m just going through the motions before ordering another F :D

Well, I'm amazed that you got away with it anyway :) Amazon are pretty good and a lot better than most shops for returns - it's why I keep buying from them.

I read this too Robert. Luckily, of the 5x returns (out of 20 orders) in the last 30 days, 2x were damaged on arrival or not new, 2x were late or incorrectly sent, unopened and returned as new and only 1x, the F, was opened, tested and returned which obviously can’t be sold as new. So, having gone back to them with a similar dialogue but in more detail and justification, I hope not to be banned !

I have been in this position before as well with amazon,if you explain each return in a little detail this seems to suffice.

Thanks Trevor.
I know the F is all I need, and any of the other ILCs would be a waste of money for me. I’m just going through the motions before ordering another F :D
Amazon might have an open-box one for sale ... :D

Back