Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

How do you find the new f2 lenses work with the old clunker?
The 50 is now the only XF fixed length lens I now own, and it doesn’t do too bad. It goes back and forth once before locking focus, though. I have a Samyang 16mm on order which, I hope, will become its principal lens.

Whitby with the X100F.

Whitby by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

That’s a very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed, bags of detail, and a good punchy mono conversion giving a full range of tones with excellent contrast.(y)

George.

Has anyone worked out how to stop the q button being caught by accident. It's in an inconvenient position and I'm always catching it. Any fixes?

Has anyone worked out how to stop the q button being caught by accident. It's in an inconvenient position and I'm always catching it. Any fixes?
Had that problem with every Fuji I’ve owned. Your right thumb needs to go on a diet. Even a thumb grip doesn’t help.

It's no problem on the T2. I catch it on this moving to and from the thumb grip. I never really use it apart from the occasional play with DR which I could easily do through my menu.

I've heard that you can lock some buttons. Is the q button one of them and if so how can it be locked?

It's no problem on the T2. I catch it on this moving to and from the thumb grip. I never really use it apart from the occasional play with DR which I could easily do through my menu.

I've heard that you can lock some buttons. Is the q button one of them and if so how can it be locked?

It's in a very poorly thought out position and every time I get my X100F out of the case, it activates. However, i now just ignore it and half press the shutter - the Q menu disappears then

It's in a very poorly thought out position and every time I get my X100F out of the case, it activates. However, i now just ignore it and half press the shutter - the Q menu disappears then
Thank you. I might just have to do the same.

Thank you. I might just have to do the same.

Agree, my biggest (probably only) complaint about the X100F, Andrew's tip is a good one, you can though lock the button, but it locks all the buttons!!!! so not really much help.

I worked out that I could lock all the buttons but, as you say, that's not much use.
I had to get "creative" to allow me full access to buttons the Lensmate obscured. Might have to do the same here. (I'm not sure the Lensmate is a designated 100F model - but I like it!)
I already have a cunning plan:eek:

Frank, if it's the thumb grip I sent you it's just a cheap ebay one that I bent out to make it useable.

Frank, if it's the thumb grip I sent you it's just a cheap ebay one that I bent out to make it useable.
Yes, it is. I could tell that it had been bent, but that's not a problem. No offence intended. With a bit of creativity it is working well, and I'm glad I have it.

No offence taken Frank :) I didn't list in on the sale thread as one of the extras because it was a cheap throwaway but included it in the package as it was quite handy.

Yes, I always thought they were a bit gimmicky but it is surprisingly useful: I seem to have my thumb round it all the time. Cheap and cheerful or not it does the job. Only drawback is that it's a bit loose so a strip of black insulating tape solves that problem, and as I'm unlikely to be using a flash gun it won't hamper me at all.

So, good people. A question.
I know it's probably been answered somewhere in the 3000+ posts on this thread, but I can't immediately find it.
GPS data. I'm told that I can transfer GPS data onto my images from my phone. But that's all I know. No one says how to do it.
I know that I can recognise where a shot was taken but as the facility exists I thought I might as well explore it.
So what do I do?

I'm off round Liverpool tonight and know that area almost blindfold so won't be doing anything urgently. But maybe tomorrow I could have a play, but what with?

Hello again Fuji Ambassadors, gear freaks and computer nerds:wave:

No one seemed able to answer my last question so here's another for you.

Dynamic Range. Normally I use 100 but it seems that if I go up to DR 400 it helps preserve the highlights while amplifying underexposed shadows and midtones. DR 400 can only be used with a minimum ISO of 800.

I've tried this on a bright day and on a dark but well lit night. I can't see a great deal of difference in my RAW files between at shot at ISO 800 plus DR 400 and a shot t ISO 200 with DR 100. Certainly not so much difference that a slight tweak cannot deal with.

Has anyone else tried this and if so what was the outcome?

untitled-4869-2.jpg

Tunes from the tunnel.

Finsbury park station has a tunnel section that is lit by all these ghastly colours.
This guy is the latest street musician that provides sombre tunes as people troop to work.
I was interested in seeing how the colour would turn out.
Fairly horrible is the visual answer.

Last edited:
untitled-5351.jpg

Watch out !

It was a wet night on the way to the pub. Took my camera with me and ignored the fact it has no weather sealing.
It will probably be a rusted ruin next time I use it.
I converted this image as the colour was nothing special.

x100

I've just been shafted by an oriental and you can guess the nationality!
I ordered an L bracket for my 100F. Found one on a well known auction site. When it came it didn't fit. Had another look at the ad and he's changed it so the the 100F is no longer mentioned. GRRRRR.
Cost more to send it back than it's worth and no guarantee he will refund.
It's in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Only a tenner posted. A bargain!!!

Sorry wrong Forum - Image deleted and moved to the X-Pro1 forum - all these cameras and all these forums - it taxes my few remaining brain cells - it's an age thing :-(

Last edited:
Back