Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Great to capture the clouds like that - is that a single image or a stitch-up??
Thanks - no, it’s a single image cropped slightly. Yesterday was a great day for photography with blue skies and fluffy clouds. A bit hot for climbing up and down the contours though!

Hadrian's Wall looking towards Peel Crags. X100F, single image cropped. I was waiting for the people to get out of the shot, but they weren't for moving, so I decided to include them anyway. Now I think they give scale. I love this camera!

Hadrian's Wall, Peel Crags by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Hadrian's Wall looking towards Peel Crags. X100F, single image cropped. I was waiting for the people to get out of the shot, but they weren't for moving, so I decided to include them anyway. Now I think they give scale. I love this camera!

Definitely better with them included. Yep, the F is FFFFFantasticcccccc.

I agree with Trevor - definitely better with them included - it's where the eye goes immediately

Just a quick heads up in case you may not have heard about it. I visited this exhibition in New York back in march this year and can tell you it sure is worth a visit if you're in town.(y)

George.

http://home-magnum.com/en/

FUJIFILM AND MAGNUM PHOTOS BRING THE GLOBAL HOME EXHIBITION TO LONDON
HOME is not only defined as a space for physical living, it holds various other associations that are emotional, biological, cultural and societal.

In this exclusive pop-up exhibition, 16 photographers from the legendary Magnum Photos co-operative, including Elliot Erwitt, Mark Power and Olivia Arthur, reflect on the emotion and intimacy of what ‘home’ means to them.

DATE: 18th – 27th May 2018
TIME: 10am – 6pm
(entrance through Phonica Record)
51 Poland Street
Soho
London
W1F 7LZ

The exhibition is free, no booking required.

Last edited:
Well, I have just sold all my Canon gear as I just wanted getting anywhere near the use out of it that it deserved. So now, I only have the X100T, which I am determined to get out with much more often. Hopefully I can add some pictures here in the next few weeks.

Well, I have just sold all my Canon gear as I just wanted getting anywhere near the use out of it that it deserved. So now, I only have the X100T, which I am determined to get out with much more often. Hopefully I can add some pictures here in the next few weeks.

Well done. Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

I very often think I could manage full-time with just my X100F (and WCL/TCL). In fact I could easily do without the TCL as well. It simplifies choices!

I've just 'lugged' my XT2/18-55 around Norfolk/Suffolk just to see if I could accept carrying the weight whilst walking - I left my other cameras at home. The combined weight is just under 1 kg so it's not a massive amount compared with what many carry but I don't like carrying excess weight when walking.

The answer is that I can 'just about' manage the XT2/18-55 but on examining the images, most have been taken in the focal length range of 18 to 30mm (with occasional use of the full zoom). The message is - I could have managed most of the shots with my X100F by zooming with my feet.

Previously, I was contemplating selling either my XT2 or my X100F and this last trip was meant to solve the issue - however, now I can't decide :-(

I've just 'lugged' my XT2/18-55 around Norfolk/Suffolk just to see if I could accept carrying the weight whilst walking - I left my other cameras at home. The combined weight is just under 1 kg so it's not a massive amount compared with what many carry but I don't like carrying excess weight when walking.

The answer is that I can 'just about' manage the XT2/18-55 but on examining the images, most have been taken in the focal length range of 18 to 30mm (with occasional use of the full zoom). The message is - I could have managed most of the shots with my X100F by zooming with my feet.

Previously, I was contemplating selling either my XT2 or my X100F and this last trip was meant to solve the issue - however, now I can't decide :-(
I know where you’re coming from. Back in olden times I was quite happy with a fixed-lens rangefinder camera. SLRs did exist; howver they were a rarity used only by pros and rich serious amateurs.

hopefully as long as im around,ive burnt myself out to be honest,cant stand looking at any more cameras,
seriously thats it for me.just going to concentrate on photography composition skills etc .

Good plan Chris. We all know the camera is more than capable. It’s us that ...

I could live with just my X100f & WCL. In fact I’m thinking seriously of letting my X-Pro2 go. Fantastic camera but for days out etc the F does everything I need.

The only thing is I wish I’d bought a black one, the silver just disturbs me a bit more than all black cameras. :mad:

I could live with just my X100f & WCL. In fact I’m thinking seriously of letting my X-Pro2 go. Fantastic camera but for days out etc the F does everything I need.

The only thing is I wish I’d bought a black one, the silver just disturbs me a bit more than all black cameras. :mad:
Silver good! (I'm already disturbed)

I now feel less disturbed than before you posted this :ty::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I DL and installed firmware version 2.10 and it now says im on 2.11:ROFLMAO:

probably it was 2.11 after all lol

Last edited:
So.... to those X100T owners who’ve upgraded to the F. Is it really worth it? I have the T plus TCL and WCL. I guess they’d work on the F but would need manual selection. I have £8k. Oming my way and this is my chance to upgrade if I fancy it.

So.... to those X100T owners who’ve upgraded to the F. Is it really worth it? I have the T plus TCL and WCL. I guess they’d work on the F but would need manual selection. I have £8k. Oming my way and this is my chance to upgrade if I fancy it.
Well, I had the S and the F is light years ahead. And it’s possible to convert the WCL and TCL to automatic recognition with the help of a small magnet.

8k...? :eek: Wow, with that coming I’d be buying a Leica Q.

Back in the real world, short answer is yes, the F is definitely worth the upgrade. More pixels, more features... it’s a sum of parts rather than a massive jump but well worth the upgrade.

8k...? :eek: Wow, with that coming I’d be buying a Leica Q.

Back in the real world, short answer is yes, the F is definitely worth the upgrade. More pixels, more features... it’s a sum of parts rather than a massive jump but well worth the upgrade.
Thanks. I think I’ll just order one then. I’m not looking to spend the £8k. Well not on a camera that’s for sure.

Right, I've ordered the F and a WCLii in black,anyone want to buy a superb T model plus WCL and TCL :)

Right, I've ordered the F and a WCLii in black,anyone want to buy a superb T model plus WCL and TCL :)

Cool man, congrats. That’s some willpower :D

You can use the Mk1 converters on the F, either manually adjust for use or there’s a small magnetic hack to make them work like the Mk2.

Well, I had the S and the F is light years ahead. And it’s possible to convert the WCL and TCL to automatic recognition with the help of a small magnet.
Yes. I've done it. Even got some spare magnets. Easy to do. You just need patience. Takes approx 10 minutes for each.
One magnet and a piece of tape is all you need. Cost is minimal.
Don't' sell your existing ones; you are just throwing money away.

Yes. I've done it. Even got some spare magnets. Easy to do. You just need patience. Takes approx 10 minutes for each.
One magnet and a piece of tape is all you need. Cost is minimal.
Don't' sell your existing ones; you are just throwing money away.
I prefer the black, and my converters are silver, I'd just prefer the auto stuff to work without faffing. Luckily I can afford to lose a few quid, I've just done a bit of extra work and got a bit of extra dosh. I sold the Canon gear as it wasn't being used, and I have a wedding to pay for next year....

Got an additional in wanted for lens mate thumbgrip,1 for my mates f black and one for my classic silver if anyone considering selling
Thanjs

Got an additional in wanted for lens mate thumbgrip,1 for my mates f black and one for my classic silver if anyone considering selling
Thanjs
I've got a genuine Lensmate in silver for the XE2, which if I recall was fine on my S. Sale or return? You're not having my F one though!

Back