Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Why not just post a picture of your new camera for us to see? :)

It's at home or I would :) Also I've stuck a screen protector on it so if there is one already on it then it's got double protection haha!

Here is a picture I took with the camera yesterday though. Sorry, can't get a BB code on my phone and the work PC doesn't allow access to Flickr so I'll fix it tonight.

PleaseSir by Kris Blair, on Flickr

Last edited:
A few months back @mickledore visited Newcastle and mentioned visiting the Lit and Phil Library. Didn't make it there on that occassion but despite having lived in this city for the last 20 years it had never once occurred to me that this would be a great location to photo, let alone visit. I guess I don't do that much indoor photography so it hadn't really crossed my mind. Which is pretty silly hindsight. It's a fascinating little place. Sort of feels like a museum but is very much alive and current and well utilised. I don't think I particularly did it justice and maybe the X100(x) lens could have done with being a little wider at times in there but I really enjoyed it. And actually I hadn't really used my X100t enough recently. I love this little thing but sometimes it gets a little neglected so it was good to dust it down and get it out the house!

Lit and Phil 1.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

Musical Chairs by G.A.D, on Flickr

Lit and Phil 2 by G.A.D, on Flickr

Today has been a printing day, multiple large prints for our redecorated lounge. Absolutely hammering the black inks......

oMsjj23h.jpg

11.69" square print in 20 x 20 mount, Fotospeed Matt Ultra 240
Picture, original X100 - taken through Fortnum and Mason's window in 2017

I've just ordered an X100S for my wife as we've got 3 photo tours booked in Vietnam so i'd like her to have a good camera to enjoy the trips with. She's never had a camera before but the fixed focal length should be fine due to the similarities with a smart phone focal length.

Are there any recommendations for user guides for this camera?

I've just ordered an X100S for my wife as we've got 3 photo tours booked in Vietnam so i'd like her to have a good camera to enjoy the trips with. She's never had a camera before but the fixed focal length should be fine due to the similarities with a smart phone focal length.

There a couple of 40 minute user guides on YouTube. One by Fuji guys channel and another by David Hobby. Probably others too but that’s where I’d start.

Good choice by the way. They make such a great travel camera.

As @gad-westy said but this is a very easy to read book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-X...38&hvtargid=pla-525969414473&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

X100 system overview,

I am toying with the idea of a x100 for a walk around/street style camera. I currently use a sony a7iii but like the idea of a fixed lens camera, and also if it gets dropped, lost or stolen its not a work camera i am losing. Plus i hear so much great stuff about Fuji files etc will be nice to have a play with one.

So i was so wondering what are the real world differences between the s & t models, what advantages does the t have. I will be looking at second hand, what's bargain/good/ being ripped off prices etc.

Thanks

X100 system overview,

I am toying with the idea of a x100 for a walk around/street style camera. I currently use a sony a7iii but like the idea of a fixed lens camera, and also if it gets dropped, lost or stolen its not a work camera i am losing. Plus i hear so much great stuff about Fuji files etc will be nice to have a play with one.

So i was so wondering what are the real world differences between the s & t models, what advantages does the t have. I will be looking at second hand, what's bargain/good/ being ripped off prices etc.

Thanks

IMO each model has got better and better, and certainly faster AF (that said the very last FW update for the original X100, puts it very close to the S in terms of speed, but obviously doesn't have an X-Trans sensor). I personally would buy the original over an S, as there is not a lot in performance and that Bayer sensor sensor just renders some beautiful images. The problem is that all of them except the F will feel a little pedestrian compared to the Sony.

Thanks that's interesting to hear on the original over the s, and the type of thing online reviews don't mention with Fuji being so good at firmware updates its hard to know how they are now, hence the post. I would of dismissed the original and only looked at the s or t.

The f looks lovely and had a play with it, but it's a lot of money on a punt of a camera would rather one i can sell again for little loss if i don't like it.

Which models have the little flip up evf, inside the ovf, or do they all have this

Thanks that's interesting to hear on the original over the s, and the type of thing online reviews don't mention with Fuji being so good at firmware updates its hard to know how they are now, hence the post. I would of dismissed the original and only looked at the s or t.

The f looks lovely and had a play with it, but it's a lot of money on a punt of a camera would rather one i can sell again for little loss if i don't like it.

Which models have the little flip up evf, inside the ovf, or do they all have this

They all have switchable OVF/EVF, the F has the ability to show a little EVF in the corner of the OVF!! The original does have a lower res EVF than the others. Comparison here https://www.dailycameranews.com/2017/01/fujifilm-x100f-vs-x100t-vs-x100s-vs-x100-comparison/

They are fantastic cameras, and despite the fixed lens, I find them very flexible.

The T and F have the mini EVF in OVF thing. Don’t know about others but I find it next to useless so wouldn’t let that be a deal breaker. I find the original a little frustrating. The images are gorgeous but it is so slooooow. Drives me up the wall. But it’s almost forgivable, almost...

I’m a big fan of USB charging. Think that came in on the T as did Fuji chrome which I also love. But the F has acros which is almost worth the asking price alone.

They all gave their place, bit hard to say which would work best.

Back