Fuji x100

Went for a walk yesterday with the family and took the x100, absolutely loved using the thing, got a couple of ok'ish shots, nothing special but still early days.

I can see me and my fujifilm getting on just fine !

That's a great first shot, the colours are lovely and vibrant

Mine arrived Friday and even though its refurb I wouldn't think it had been used, perfect condition

Yes i agree it seems to render superbly,it will punish you though if you do not get everything spot on though. :)

Lovely photo Dave. I wish this rain would stop so I could get out to play with my x100.

Some lovely shots again, love the silhoutte Dave. I have 3 batteries on charge ready for the Big Day tomorrow. We have 12 for dinner, so I should get a good shot or two before the sherry trifle kicks in.......

Allan

Last edited:
allanm said:
Some lovely shots again, love the silhoutte Dave. I have 3 batteries on charge ready for the Big Day tomorrow. We had 12 for dinner, so I should get a good shot or two before the sherry trifle kicks in.......

Allan

Ahh good luck with that tomorrow look forward to seeing some shots from your day.

Happy Christmas to all fellow X100 shooters....!! :)

Merry Christmas Everybody! by Dave Kiddle, on Flickr

Why, thank you. Merry Christmas to all, have to go now, Santa will be here soon.......
santa+smiley.jpg
Rudolph-the-Red-Nose-rudolph-reindeer-santa-smiley-emoticon-000561-large.gif

Allan

Xmas Cat says Hi to the X100 crew :)

8307287377_3334e01908_z.jpg

Dave that's a real gem of a shot, fantastic display of what's possible from these little cameras, with images like this your D700 days are numbered, right? :)

Superb - is that a pano or a cropped "normal" shot? Much processing needed?

Cropped, Original JPG below (I used the RAW file processed in Lightroom), I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time, the sunlight lasted about 30 seconds!!!

053_sm_zpsd9bc98c5.jpg

Light was really special on Christmas morning, as can be seen from trees below

Trees sm by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

I like that one, I used to go on holiday there every year when I was younger. My parents lived in Mydroilyn nearby.
It looks really good in mono
Allan

Loving the pictures folks, keep them coming.

I guess I need to get my X100 out of hibernation and start getting back into photography :)

Riz

I like that one, I used to go on holiday there every year when I was younger. My parents lived in Mydroilyn nearby.
It looks really good in mono
Allan

Thanks! My mother grew up just down the road from Mydroilyn in Llanarth, small world eh?

The reason for the mono is that the light was crap and no sky to speak of, I just needed to get out and take a few pics.

Last edited:
Following on from a thread I saw on the FujiX forum, i've bought a Nikon WC -E67.
It's a wide angle converter for one of the Nikon Coolpix cameras.
Attached via a 49-28 step down ring which in turn fits to the Fuji Hood converter ring. I think its the AR100, there are loads of copies out there.

Opinion is that it's at it's best at f8. I haven't done any comparisons.

I realise that this is a big compromise when the fuji converter is sharp at f2.
But I wanted to try wide without the expense of the fuji.
Apparently the other Coolpix converter WC E68 is ok as well.

So, a couple of examples. Wide and Standard.
Wide is the equivalent of 24mm, and as you know the fuji fixed lens is 35mm equivalent.

Wide
8333341284_a25d206da2_b.jpg

Standard
8333343504_215d7d0d21_b.jpg

Wide
8332276427_fd8e6cf890_b.jpg

Standard
8332276617_816699e798_b.jpg

So far I think it's pretty good value. Set me back around £75.00 for the lens, refurb from the bay. The ring which I could only find on the bay,came from China.

Thought I'd show you what it looks like, excuse the iphone pics.

8332354493_1205a76e96_b.jpg

Expanded view
8333414874_fec7b5863a_b.jpg

Following on from a thread I saw on the FujiX forum, i've bought a Nikon WC -E67.
It's a wide angle converter for one of the Nikon Coolpix cameras.
Attached via a 49-28 step down ring which in turn fits to the Fuji Hood converter ring. I think its the AR100, there are loads of copies out there.

Opinion is that it's at it's best at f8. I haven't done any comparisons.

I realise that this is a big compromise when the fuji converter is sharp at f2.
But I wanted to try wide without the expense of the fuji.
Apparently the other Coolpix converter WC E68 is ok as well.

So, a couple of examples. Wide and Standard.
Wide is the equivalent of 24mm, and as you know the fuji fixed lens is 35mm equivalent.

Wide
8333341284_a25d206da2_b.jpg

Standard
8333343504_215d7d0d21_b.jpg

Wide
8332276427_fd8e6cf890_b.jpg

Standard
8332276617_816699e798_b.jpg

So far I think it's pretty good value. Set me back around £75.00 for the lens, refurb from the bay. The ring which I could only find on the bay,came from China.

Thing is, even at this size I can see the converter images are rather soft in comparison.

Can't help but feel you would have been better off spending the £220 and getting this for £75 - its not that cheap to be worth it and I think this is an example of buy cheap buy twice!

Thing is, even at this size I can see the converter images are rather soft in comparison.

Can't help but feel you would have been better off spending the £220 and getting this for £75 - its not that cheap to be worth it and I think this is an example of buy cheap buy twice!

Lot of sense in this.
As I said I wanted to try a wide converter. Didn't fancy splashing out on the genuine version if I couldn't get on with a converter at all.
Don't like the faff of changing lens on a walkabout. Perhaps I need another X100 fitted with the converter....maybe not..but then again..

Probably not lose too much if I sell it on.

Yes it's a bit soft, especially away from the centre, suffers from quite bad CA as well.
Good fun though...

Back