Fuji x100

Good prices on the fuji refurb site now

X100s for £849 and X100 for £449, also still an active 10% voucher - P258BTCC467

Trying to persuade myself not to upgrade to an X100s :) for £774, I must at least wait to see what the possible new firmware will bring to my X100

Good prices on the fuji refurb site now

X100s for £849 and X100 for £449, also still an active 10% voucher

Arghh, I bought a refurb X100S yesterday and now they've knocked £50 off the price! I got the 10% discount, but still, an extra £50 off would have been nice for the sake of a day (not that I was to know). :(

The AF isn't that slow really. From what I can gather it was initially slow upon release but subsequent firmware updates have helped. It's slower than my m43 cameras though. If you've ever used a GF1 with the 20mm then it's very similar, the X100 is a little quicker. The forthcoming and final v2.0 firmware update will apparently increase the AF speed again.

I bought my mint X100 from Colin here on the forums for £400. I've seen them go for £350 but I don't think they were mint. Also mine is a later build and shouldn't suffer with SAB. Something to consider.

It's a wonderful camera and I find the fixed lens liberating.

My mate trying to temp me with one,said its near mint hood kit 2x batt and genuine fuji retro £450,now he said the person will take £420 sound a little high to me ?
Plus i am not to sure if its for me fixed lens,and slow AF have they been any update to improve the speed,and does it make it any better.

:)

The AF isn't that slow really. From what I can gather it was initially slow upon release but subsequent firmware updates have helped. It's slower than my m43 cameras though. If you've ever used a GF1 with the 20mm then it's very similar, the X100 is a little quicker. The forthcoming and final v2.0 firmware update will apparently increase the AF speed again.

I bought my mint X100 from Colin here on the forums for £400. I've seen them go for £350 but I don't think they were mint. Also mine is a later build and shouldn't suffer with SAB. Something to consider.

It's a wonderful camera and I find the fixed lens liberating.

Thanks for the reply.
My mate just brought it round for me to have a look at,now quite tempted,here want £420 that come with the fuji case and hood kit a 3rd party battery,how to you tell if one of the later model without the SAB problem :)

Thanks for the reply.
My mate just brought it round for me to have a look at,now quite tempted,here want £420 that come with the fuji case and hood kit a 3rd party battery,how to you tell if one of the later model without the SAB problem :)

Look at the serial number on the bottom, apparently the SAB issues were on ones with the serial number beginning in 12, 13 and some 14. Apparently after these they changed something in the production line and anything after 21 is fine, mines 23 and is fine.

If youre concerned about it though Fuji refurb have them in stock at the moment (only 8 left though) for £449.99

Last edited:
Don't forget the 10% code :) P258BTCC467 Brings it down to £405.

Look at the serial number on the bottom, apparently the SAB issues were on ones with the serial number beginning in 12, 13 and some 14. Apparently after these they changed something in the production line and anything after 21 is fine, mines 23 and is fine.

If youre concerned about it though Fuji refurb have them in stock at the moment (only 8 left though) for £449.99

Last edited:
Don't forget the 10% code :) P258BTCC467 Brings it down to £405.

Bargain at that price!

Whilst I'm here, I've lost the Fuji strap that came with mine, anyone have any suggestions for neck/wrist straps that look good with the X100? I want something that fits the style of it, was looking for a thin brown leather one or something like that. Be interesting to see what others use though? I don't use one usually but get a bit scared when I sit it on a bridge or rail doing long exposures :p

Brilliant deal and a 12 month warranty.

I use the Peak Design Leash with the X100. Suits it perfectly. Not leather though!

The anchor points even fit without the need for the Fuji triangle anchors which have been known to wear the lugs. Brilliantly designed anchor points make it very easy to unclip the strap if needed.

i-F4Gqh32-L.jpg

i-J2tkGBh-M.jpg

Bargain at that price!

Whilst I'm here, I've lost the Fuji strap that came with mine, anyone have any suggestions for neck/wrist straps that look good with the X100? I want something that fits the style of it, was looking for a thin brown leather one or something like that. Be interesting to see what others use though? I don't use one usually but get a bit scared when I sit it on a bridge or rail doing long exposures :p

Last edited:

Thanks been thinking about it,just cant justified another camera and i do prefer my XE-1 with its zoom :)

Good prices on the fuji refurb site now X100s for £849 and X100 for £449, also still an active 10% voucher - P258BTCC467 Trying to persuade myself not to upgrade to an X100s :) for £774, I must at least wait to see what the possible new firmware will bring to my X100

Now that's a very tempting price on an x100. Seeing as used they are going for about that. And this comes with warranty.

As this seems to be the 'official' X100 thread, are we happy for that to continue into X100S chat also (it seems to be moving that way)?

My 'S' turned up yesterday from the Fuji refurb shop and my initial impressions are very good. This is a bit of a gamble for me as I've not been limited to a fixed FL lens before, but we'll see how it goes.

I'll hopefully get out at the weekend and give it a test run, but just sat indoors fiddling with settings etc last night and I think I'm going to enjoy it very much. I'm sure it'll take a while to learn all the in-and-outs of the thing, but it is a lovely quality camera and a bit of a technological wonder. I'm very much looking forward to getting to know it better. Wish me luck!

Can someone who has owned both the X100 and the S please tell me if the Multi-AF mode has been improved on the later model or is it still the same hit and miss affair?

Thanks!

Me too wondering in general if the 100s feels a much speedier and faster focus camera than the 100 for those that have upgraded? Presumably no difference in battery life?

Me too wondering in general if the 100s feels a much speedier and faster focus camera than the 100 for those that have upgraded? Presumably no difference in battery life?

Battery life is no worse. I've not noticed it being any better either

It's much much faster in general use and autofocus is significantly faster (although not perfect). I've found it a worthwhile upgrade although if I only (or mostly) shot landscape/still subjects then I'd probably struggle to justify the cost of the S over the regular.

Battery life is the same and the indicator is just as useless, drops from 3 bars to dead in 30-40 photos.

Still waiting on this firmware update for the X100, hoping its not just a vicious rumour!

Yeah tis a shame, hopefully just fuji ironing out any bugs...

I think an official post mentioning the firmware was put on the middle eastern Fuji site so I'm sure it's official and not a rumour... just a case of when :)

I love it as it is at the moment however the benefits which are rumoured to come from 2.0 would certainly be welcomed, especially faster turn on times and AF

I think the S upgrade is worth it just for the new menu system. Don't know who thought that was a good idea but I never got along with it!

Really interested in buying a x100s as I seem to be using my D600 less and less as although it gives excellent image quality, I just don't find it fun to shoot with.

I'm still trying to decide on an X100, an X100s or a X-E1 with the kit lens, or even a combination of both.

Decisions, decisions…. Any ideas anyone? :)

I had 2 x100, little soft wide open, dodgy AF, xe1 is much better IMO. X100s looks good.

I use both the x100s and the XE-1. The x100 is brill but the menu system and focus speed leaves a bit to be desired. If you can only afford one go XE-1 with the newer software vs the older x100.

Danny

Thanks guys. I'm thinking either the x100s or a combo of the x100 and X-E1 with the kit lens.

My only concerned at how good the kit lens is. The whole point of going to Fuji is to reduce weight and size, so I'm not particularly wanting to go to primes on an X-E1 at this stage. I've never shot above 100mm on full frame so the kit lens would be an ideal starting point given its focal length.

Fuji don't really do fast AF, the xe1 is much better than the x100 though. If you want faster AF check out the Oly omd, if you want image quality above all else look at fuji. I use the 35mm 1.4 and briefly owned the 18-55 which had faster AF.

What focal length is the 35mm F1.4 equivalent to against my D600?

The crop factor is 1.5 on the Fuji X bodies, so 35mm = 52.5mm equivalent.

Hmm, is the minimum focal distance on that lens actually decent though? The nikon 50mm versions are poor for minimum focal distance, making them a rather awkward focal length for my style of shots.

Hi guys, does anyone use an x100 / x100s / x20 as a main camera here and how do they get on with that?

At the moment I have a g5 with a kit lens, 45-200 and a 20mm but still don't use it any more than the D90 I sold to buy it even though I thought the smaller size would encourage me to use it more, basically I want something fun and small to get me to improve my skills instead of focusing on the gear side of things, how do people work around the limitations of a fixed lens (mainly when they want 2-300mm? pack a cheap compact zoom?

I use an X100s and X20. You get used to not having a 300 mm lens, although there are times when I miss mine, I also miss the weight and bulk of a dslr and f2.8 lenses and all the associated clutter
I use these cameras more because they are easy to carry and give great results
Transition period can be difficult, but well worth it
Allan

Hi guys, does anyone use an x100 / x100s / x20 as a main camera here and how do they get on with that?

At the moment I have a g5 with a kit lens, 45-200 and a 20mm but still don't use it any more than the D90 I sold to buy it even though I thought the smaller size would encourage me to use it more, basically I want something fun and small to get me to improve my skills instead of focusing on the gear side of things, how do people work around the limitations of a fixed lens (mainly when they want 2-300mm? pack a cheap compact zoom?

Yep, I use the X100 as my main camera. Its certainly not for everyone in terms of the fixed focal length but when I had a DSLR I only ever used a 35mm on it, of course every now and then I miss a wider angle option (cant justify buying the adapter). Its very much a people camera and if you shoot wildlife or landscapes I wouldnt recommend it at all. I find its made me more creative though by moving around and getting different angles as opposed to just zooming in or out a bit which is all too easy with a zoom lens.

Back