Fuji X100V. Strong opinions please

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I am having an attack of G.A.S.. I use Nikon equipment for all my heavyweight photography: D810, 2/3 of the Nikon triad 24-70mm, 80-400, plus micro Nikkor et al.which is all very fine but none of it fits in my bumbag. I have been using a Fuji X20 for many years but fancy a change and the Fuji X100V keeps calling to me and even though it's a prime camera I usually use my X20 at it's widest so the 28mm fixed is not a problem. What is a problem is the price of the X100V, 1250 quid is quite a whim and I want to know other people's opinions on the X100V. I have looked cursorily through the Fantastic Fuji thread but I'd have to wade through many posts and cobble together many pieces of opinion and still not get much constructive out of it.

I'd like to go out and have a look at one but in these unfortunate times that isn't possible; I'm assuming that handholding-wise it's not that much different from the X20, just a bit bigger.

So, to make this easy, has anyone got strong opinions either way? Do you love it and would never part with it or have you bought one and bitterly regretted it?

I am having an attack of G.A.S.. I use Nikon equipment for all my heavyweight photography: D810, 2/3 of the Nikon triad 24-70mm, 80-400, plus micro Nikkor et al.which is all very fine but none of it fits in my bumbag. I have been using a Fuji X20 for many years but fancy a change and the Fuji X100V keeps calling to me and even though it's a prime camera I usually use my X20 at it's widest so the 28mm fixed is not a problem. What is a problem is the price of the X100V, 1250 quid is quite a whim and I want to know other people's opinions on the X100V. I have looked cursorily through the Fantastic Fuji thread but I'd have to wade through many posts and cobble together many pieces of opinion and still not get much constructive out of it.

I'd like to go out and have a look at one but in these unfortunate times that isn't possible; I'm assuming that handholding-wise it's not that much different from the X20, just a bit bigger.

So, to make this easy, has anyone got strong opinions either way? Do you love it and would never part with it or have you bought one and bitterly regretted it?

From what I gather, those on the fab fooj thread who have them, love them (apart from those not getting along with fixed lens etc). There are a few, and pretty active on there too.

Strong opinion? They’re an awful lot of money if you’re unsure. They are no doubt fantastic cameras and perfect if all you ever shot was 35mm focal length or were just a street tog, but not an ‘only’ camera.

Get a secondhand x100t or whatever the letter is for £500 to see if you like it.

Strong opinion? They’re an awful lot of money if you’re unsure. They are no doubt fantastic cameras and perfect if all you ever shot was 35mm focal length or were just a street tog, but not an ‘only’ camera.

Get a secondhand x100t or whatever the letter is for £500 to see if you like it.

As I mentioned in my OP, I have used an X20 for years mostly at 28mm, but as with any camera (or anything really) there is often a little something that niggles and I was wondering if there were any niggles that people have found that they can't get past. All the reviews are very positive so this is a bit of a final check before I commit.

Like you, I have a largish Nikon (D800) and lenses that include the 24-70. I 'supplemented' this with the X100T, and (pre-Covid) it became my most used camera, something I always carried with me and at times used every day. In many ways, it was also my favourite camera. It's nice to have traditional dials, it's very compact and well built, and the lens is great. The EVF and OVF work very well, and the high ISO performance is good. I'm sure all this also applies to the X100V. If my T broke, I'd probably buy another camera in this series. However, the X100T is not without its niggles:

(1) The compact size means a small battery, with low capacity compared to my Nikons. I've got through 3 of these in a day (I've never drained a freshly charged dSLR battery). The spec sheet says the latest model is better.
(2) AF-S performance is OK, but AF-C really isn't up to scratch, nowhere near my dSLR. The new model has more sophisticated AF with face and eye tracking, but I can't comment on how well it works.
(3) The matrix metering seems less intelligent than Nikon's, with a tendency to overexpose in some tricky lighting situations. But with the EVF, of course, you spot this straight away. Adjusting the exposure comp dial with a live EVF is quite a revelation after a dSLR. As above, I don't know if the meter is better in the V.
(4) Switching between the EVF and OVF is nicely done - there's a lever that's a bit like the frameline preview selector on a Leica. But switching between the EVF and the rear LCD is overcomplicated and frustrating. On the T, there's a button that controls the display mode, but it's not a simple toggle. Instead it cycles between several different modes, a couple of which are redundant to me. There are two obvious modes - EVF only and rear LCD only - but also a mode that automatically switches between the EVF and the LCD depending on whether the camera is at your eye, and another rather pointless mode where the EVF only switches on at eye level, but the LCD is off. Whenever you change mode and want to change back, you have to cycle through all the others with multiple button presses to get back to where you started. And you may well want to change mode, because the camera does unintuitive things like displaying the menus in the EVF. This might be something that's actually worse in the X100V, judging by a quick look at the manual. There's no longer a dedicated button to switch view modes. Instead, it looks like you either have to dive into a menu, or assign a function button to select between an even more complicated set of modes. I'll leave it to someone who uses the V to comment on this. For some people, who are happy sticking to a single mode, this may even be a non-issue. Personally, I'd like a simple EVF/LCD toggle.

Retune, thanks for your comprehensive reply. Fortunately (if it can be considered fortunate) I need glasses to see things close up so the rear LCD on any of my cameras is almost never used for framing pictures, I just can't focus that close. It is one of the main reasons I bought the X20 years ago -- it has a viewfinder. It is also the reason why phone cameras are just about useless to me as when held at arms length I can see it but my eyes are old and looking at the distant subject then trying to bring my focus in to look at the LCD takes too long as my corneas are stiff and slow. For taking pictures I can say 99% of the time I shall use the viewfinder, the other 1% I will be wearing reading glasses and doing still life in a bowl or something similar.

As far as metering goes, I never really moved on from my Nikon Fm2n and almost always use centre-weighted metering, it's become quite intuitive over the years.

Never used AF-C on any of my cameras, so that's not a problem.

My X20 tended to under-expose sometimes but that was the wonder of the camera in that the exposure compensation has a dedicated, easily-accessible dial, as does the X100V.

Your reply has taken away my last reservations (don't worry, I shan't hold it against you) and I have gone ahead with the purchase. Might even get £150 quid back on my X20, looking at eBay.

Cheers again.

I would have loved an X100V, but I could never have afforded one. So I started looking at the X100F, but even that was too much for what I wanted to pay.
I used to love using my old X10 as I loved the controls, even though the viewfinder was useless.

I did want to experience the fuji colours again, so I opted for the very cheapo low cost XF10. I love the little camera, and I find the 28mm equivalent focal length to be very liberating. I don't use the DSLR's and various lenses all that much now.

Retune, thanks for your comprehensive reply. Fortunately (if it can be considered fortunate) I need glasses to see things close up so the rear LCD on any of my cameras is almost never used for framing pictures, I just can't focus that close. It is one of the main reasons I bought the X20 years ago -- it has a viewfinder. It is also the reason why phone cameras are just about useless to me as when held at arms length I can see it but my eyes are old and looking at the distant subject then trying to bring my focus in to look at the LCD takes too long as my corneas are stiff and slow. For taking pictures I can say 99% of the time I shall use the viewfinder, the other 1% I will be wearing reading glasses and doing still life in a bowl or something similar.

As far as metering goes, I never really moved on from my Nikon Fm2n and almost always use centre-weighted metering, it's become quite intuitive over the years.

Never used AF-C on any of my cameras, so that's not a problem.

My X20 tended to under-expose sometimes but that was the wonder of the camera in that the exposure compensation has a dedicated, easily-accessible dial, as does the X100V.

Your reply has taken away my last reservations (don't worry, I shan't hold it against you) and I have gone ahead with the purchase. Might even get £150 quid back on my X20, looking at eBay.

Cheers again.
Enjoy!

I use the EVF/OVF most of the time, but it's handy to have the LCD for overhead and low angle shots (the new tilting screen on the V would help with that). My niggle was more with the menu display - going from an SLR, I'm used to always having that on the LCD, so it's a bit odd and fiddly to have it in the EVF unless I change modes and then have to go through the push button cycle to get back to where I started. But an EVF menu (assuming the V works the same way in viewfinder-only mode) might actually suit you - the display is large and clear.

The only thing I don't like about the x100v (just sold mine ) is the lens . For me personally it's just not great for most things I shoot . Landscapes it's not wide enough and portraits it's too short . So I end up just taking snaps with it . I'd rather just use my phone for snaps .

For what it’s worth, I, like you, fancied a light ‘take-everywhere’ camera with good enough image quality for keepers. I didn’t want a compact zoom as IQ was important. I ended up getting the x100S (it was a revelation when I realised that S=second, T=third, F=fifth and V=fifth) for around £300. Image quality was great but the 35mm equiv. focal length was a bit limiting. It was also not as small as I would have liked, so I didn’t end up taking-it-everywhere. Sold it for a bit of a profit on eBay so nothing lost. I also found the EVF a bit rubbish but I imagine if you’re looking at the x100v (or even F) it will be amazing. They’re great cameras so if the focal length is ok then you won’t be disappointed. They're great. But not for me.

The only thing I don't like about the x100v (just sold mine ) is the lens . For me personally it's just not great for most things I shoot . Landscapes it's not wide enough and portraits it's too short . So I end up just taking snaps with it . I'd rather just use my phone for snaps .

As I said earlier, I can't use a phone camera very well because of my long-sightedness plus in bright sunlight I find a camera phone worse than useless hence the compact alternative with a viewfinder. I'd like to use my SLR a lot more but many of my pictures are taken when out with the dogs (|who are always on long leads as they chase sheep) so something I can operate with one hand is always useful and camera phones are no good for that either.

As I said earlier, I can't use a phone camera very well because of my long-sightedness plus in bright sunlight I find a camera phone worse than useless hence the compact alternative with a viewfinder. I'd like to use my SLR a lot more but many of my pictures are taken when out with the dogs (|who are always on long leads as they chase sheep) so something I can operate with one hand is always useful and camera phones are no good for that either.
I wasn't suggesting to use you phone . "Personally for me" I don't get on with the lens so my post was really about the lens being limiting . Could be totally different for you though .

As I mentioned in my OP, I have used an X20 for years mostly at 28mm, but as with any camera (or anything really) there is often a little something that niggles and I was wondering if there were any niggles that people have found that they can't get past. All the reviews are very positive so this is a bit of a final check before I commit.

Your "mostly" in that first sentence is enough for me to avoid the fixed lens option. Much as I love the assorted Fujis I have (X-10, 20 & 30 as well as an XF-1; X-T1 & 2, X-H1, X-Pro1), I just can't bring myself to go for a fixed lens option. Yes, you can get supplementary lenses for them but if you're going to carry those as well as the camera, you may as well carry a "real" interchangeable lens body with a pancake lens and a couple of other lenses too.

I wasn't suggesting to use you phone . "Personally for me" I don't get on with the lens so my post was really about the lens being limiting . Could be totally different for you though .

No, I realise that, I meant no offence. I was just explaining my dislike of phone cameras (and phones in general TBH, to me, they are just a necessary evil).

Your "mostly" in that first sentence is enough for me to avoid the fixed lens option. Much as I love the assorted Fujis I have (X-10, 20 & 30 as well as an XF-1; X-T1 & 2, X-H1, X-Pro1), I just can't bring myself to go for a fixed lens option. Yes, you can get supplementary lenses for them but if you're going to carry those as well as the camera, you may as well carry a "real" interchangeable lens body with a pancake lens and a couple of other lenses too.

Last year, in between lockdowns, my son and I went on a trip to Shropshire and I deliberately took my D810 with a 50mm f1.4 lens only. No wondering how this or that might look with a different lens, no fiddling about changing lenses only to miss the shot or have the light change, either take the picture as it is or not at all. It was very liberating so using a prime lens holds no fear for me and I shan't be buying bolt-ons either for the reasons you state.

No offence taken :) really the biggest question is will you have the issue I had . Don't get me wrong a beautiful and fun camera to use but I was always looking wider or longer .

Do you love it and would never part with it

As an alternative view point, I bought an X100 in 2012, used it extensively fell in love with the fixed lens aspect (though I did buy a WCL for those slightly wider shots). I bought an X100F in 2017 (still kept the original X100) and although I have other Fuji ILC cameras, the X100F is the one I use the most. If an X100 family camera gets under your skin its impossible to let them go, there is just something really tactile about using them. I know several people who have sold them and then rebought them!

I love the fixed 35mm lens(FF equiv) , it really suits me and my style of shooting, it makes me work that bit harder and I think my photography has improved because of it. If you need a wider focal length you can slip a WCL into a pocket and you've got 28mm FF equivalent.

No doubt I will get a V at some point, but I'm still really enjoying my F.

While the fixed focal length isn't for everybody, for me I find it liberating.

Last edited:
I tried one but sent it back.
Fixed lens option not for me.
X-E3 instead.

I had some of the earlier versions and i think they are very very good in their own class but you really do need to love that focal length.
I do think it is one of the best focal lengths but i also love 24, 40, 50, 85, 135 ( on a full frame that is )

35mm (equivalent) is a good all round focal length, I might have preferred 28mm TBH but it is what it is and it's not that much different
No offence taken :) really the biggest question is will you have the issue I had . Don't get me wrong a beautiful and fun camera to use but I was always looking wider or longer .

Years ago, and I mean years, when times were a little harder, I used a 35mm prime on my FM2n, it was the only lens I had. While I would have loved to take wildlife pictures with super-telephoto lenses it was not going to be for a long, long time. Now I have everything and seemingly it is still never enough. Time for a reset, time to get back to taking pictures and being less hard on myself when it comes to taking the 'perfect' image. I'm hoping that the X100V will be a restart on my photographic life, if it's not it will be me not the camera.

Last edited:
Hi, this an extremely capable rangefinder camera. Perhaps the most economical way of experiencing the Leica feeling, including 35mm equivalent focal length.

I do not have one, but a well-equipped friend (Linhoff, Plaubel, Nikon, Canon, Leica, Fuji) had one, and the previous model, too.

It is a great camera, he always said.

(You asked for strong opinions. There you are ... ;) )

Last edited:
As an alternative view point, I bought an X100 in 2012, used it extensively fell in love with the fixed lens aspect (though I did buy a WCL for those slightly wider shots). I bought an X100F in 2017 (still kept the original X100) and although I have other Fuji ILC cameras, the X100F is the one I use the most. If an X100 family camera gets under your skin its impossible to let them go, there is just something really tactile about using them. I know several people who have sold them and then rebought them!

I love the fixed 35mm lens(FF equiv) , it really suits me and my style of shooting, it makes me work that bit harder and I think my photography has improved because of it. If you need a wider focal length you can slip a WCL into a pocket and you've got 28mm FF equivalent.

I was not too sure about a fixed focal length either, but I too find it liberating. Not having to wonder which lens to take, or how much zoom I want. But rather working with what I know I can get and where I need to be placed, to get an image with my fixed focal length XF10.

35mm (equivalent) is a good all round focal length, I might have preferred 28mm TBH but it is what it is and it's not that much different

I thought this, but 35mm is my least used focal length. I get much more use out of 28mm and 50mm and for me, there is a big difference between 28 & 35. It's why I haven't picked one up. I have 2 35mm lenses for other camera systems and I barely use them compared to 50 & 28. If my GAS ever overcomes my sensible reservation that I won't use it because of the focal length, I'll buy 2nd hand in the knowledge that I'll lose less in resale.

If they ever redo the X70 with a viewfinder, that would probably tempt me.

Your mileage may, of course, vary.

Last edited:

I must admit, I do like the 28mm-equivalent focal length of my Fuji XF10. I would have loved an X100V, but way way out of my price range.

+1

I use my X100V as a walkabout camera and I carry it in my work/travel bag at all times. If need to go wider, i click click click and stitch....

I also have another bag with a Nikon Z6ii with all the kit for my landscapes and when I am not rushing around etc. The X100V is there for the day to day and I find it just works for me.

Last edited:
Martin I suspect that you have had more than enough advice to realise that the X100 series cameras are very much a marmite thing. You either love ‘em or........but you did ask for strong opinions and it looks like you got them!

I have had all the different models, never got on with the S, but loved all the others. I still have the original X100 Limited in black and last year bought a silver X100V.

It is superb. I love the size, the fixed lens, (got both the WCL and the TCL when a bit extra is needed but rarely use them), and like others have said, it is a tactile camera and a delight to use. I have several Fuji bodies and lenses but none of them puts such a smile on my face when I pick them up as the X100V.

It is an exquisite camera, beautifully engineered, made to an exacting quality (think Leica but at a fraction of the price) and fits my hand and heart in equal measure. It doesn’t make me a better photographer but it makes photography special. The EVF/OVF is superb (for me) and whilst I am not a screen shooter it does have its place and the articulated screen is a great addition for low/overhead shots.

I have alway used my X100‘s in the rain and the snow without any problems but the weather resistance of the V is an added bonus.

The X100V is a considered purchase and is probably more a heart than a head thing but if you are happy with the restrictions that a fixed lens (WCL and TCL excepted) brings then I believe you would be as delighted with this jewel of a camera as I am with mine.

Martin I suspect that you have had more than enough advice to realise that the X100 series cameras are very much a marmite thing. You either love ‘em or........but you did ask for strong opinions and it looks like you got them!

I have had all the different models, never got on with the S, but loved all the others. I still have the original X100 Limited in black and last year bought a silver X100V.

It is superb. I love the size, the fixed lens, (got both the WCL and the TCL when a bit extra is needed but rarely use them), and like others have said, it is a tactile camera and a delight to use. I have several Fuji bodies and lenses but none of them puts such a smile on my face when I pick them up as the X100V.

It is an exquisite camera, beautifully engineered, made to an exacting quality (think Leica but at a fraction of the price) and fits my hand and heart in equal measure. It doesn’t make me a better photographer but it makes photography special. The EVF/OVF is superb (for me) and whilst I am not a screen shooter it does have its place and the articulated screen is a great addition for low/overhead shots.

I have alway used my X100‘s in the rain and the snow without any problems but the weather resistance of the V is an added bonus.

The X100V is a considered purchase and is probably more a heart than a head thing but if you are happy with the restrictions that a fixed lens (WCL and TCL excepted) brings then I believe you would be as delighted with this jewel of a camera as I am with mine.

Well said.

A bit late now, as it seems you have already committed, but I took an X100F as my only camera on a month-long trip to Hong Kong and Australia a few years back, and it did me proud. It removed my continual indecision as to which lenses to take and use. The better lens on the V would have been the icing on the cake.

I tried one but sent it back.
Fixed lens option not for me.
X-E3 instead.

This.

I had the X100T for a few months but never got along with the softness of the fixed 23mm f2 for close-up people shots (the new 100V isn't soft/hazy). I swapped it for the X-E3 with 27mm f2.8 pancake for walkabout and a Viltrox 56mm f1.4. This combo has allowed me to box all my dSLR gear up ready for sale, it's a fraction of the size of the A77II and Sigma 50mm f1.4.

Thank you dear hearts for all your replies. I have indeed ordered one and let my heart rule my head on this occasion (re: Patr) and if all goes well, it should be in my sticky mitts sometime tomorrow afternoon -- just when the rain is due to arrive :(. I have bought the weather-proofing kit as London Camera Exchange were offering it at half price so perhaps I'll give it a test outside anyway.

I will report back after a few days.

I used to own a previous model of the X100, and while some of the issues I understand are now fixed (lens was soft at f/2 and AF was way worse than mediocre), I'm still not so sure about this camera.

For starters, f/2 on APS-C simply isn't that exciting. I have a m4/3 kit for travel (used to have a Fuji kit for 2+ years), and there's no way to tell apart m4/3 images taken at f/1.8 and Fuji images at f/2.

Second issue was, it isn't actually that small. It is small compared to a DSLR, but it is much larger than a Ricoh GR III for example (which I also own). So for me, it is neither here nor there. It doesn't fit in a normal pocket like a Ricoh GR. But if I have to carry it in a bag, then I might as well carry something like an Olympus E-M5III and get the obviously useful ability to change lenses.

Third issue was, Fuji usability. Its a super sexy camera... until you actually want to use those super sexy dials. As an Olympus user used to dual electronic dials that turn easily allowing me to change aperture with my index finger and exposure with my thumb (in aperture priority where I shoot most), this whole thing was a step backwards. There is a reason Fuji is dropping those dials for their pro cameras such as the GFX100. The Fuji X-T2 was my main camera for 2+ years.

Fourth issue, converters. If you are buying this in a massive GAS attack, you can expect to pretty soon have another GAS attack regarding the converters, which allow you to get 28mm and 50mm focal lengths. Problem is, the moment you buy these, the camera turns into yet another interchangeable lens camera, you will know this is a terrible idea, but it will always linger there.

Guilty! I don't know how many I've had now. Started with the original which must be one of the most flawed yet rewarding cameras ever made. So frustrating to use and yet capable of the most gorgeous images. I keep thinking of getting another but not sure my blood pressure would cope. I've had a few X100T's (skipped the S) and now on my second 'F'. It seems that if you like them, you love them and it's hard to be without one. I couldn't have one as my only camera as I shoot too much stuff it doesn't suit but I just love them for sticking in a pocket when you go out.

I've not used a V but I understand they address the only two issues I really have which is slow focussing and slightly soft close focussed images. Weather proofing is a nice addition too. Personally, I'd have loved to have seen Fuji add the X-pro-3 screen to the back as I think it would suit the X100 perfectly but c'est la vie. Biggest drawback is the price. An X100F is half the price. That's a big difference for something very similar. But in terms of the X100 family in general, thumbs up from me.

Great as an X20 is, you'll see a monster leap in image quality. I don't think you'd regret it one bit.

Last edited:
Fourth issue, converters. If you are buying this in a massive GAS attack, you can expect to pretty soon have another GAS attack regarding the converters, which allow you to get 28mm and 50mm focal lengths. Problem is, the moment you buy these, the camera turns into yet another interchangeable lens camera, you will know this is a terrible idea, but it will always linger there.

I can honestly say that will never happen for two reasons. Firstly, the difference between 28mm, 35mm and 50mm is just not great enough to make it worth paying for and secondly, I have more than enough lenses to choose from to add to my Nikon D810 and can cover everything from 24mm to 400mm with a 105mm macro covering the close-ups, the downside is the weight. A D810 with an 80-400mm zoom on it is enough to use as a deadly weapon...or create a hernia! That is my camera equipment for 'best', for when I'm going out to do photography as an activity. This Fuji is for every day, for seeing an image and catching it, rapidly and with the minimum of fuss.

A lesson that was drummed in to me and I drum it into everyone else given the chance is "take the bloody picture". In other words, get something, anything. If the subject is still there after that first picture then you can faff about trying to improve the composition: change a lens, get closer or further away, even asking that unicorn if it would pose with a gin and tonic, but photography can be a fleeting affair and if you have only one chance and one lens and one distance, do it, do it now. The apparent simplicity of the X100V will allow me to do that, even more so than a phone camera which takes time to open the app and seemingly even longer to actually decide to take the photograph, if indeed it actually does before you accidentally drop it into the mud.

I have very much enjoyed everyone's inputs to this thread. Thank you all again.

Well, my new toy has arrived and is currently charging up. It is a lovely looking piece of kit, reassuringly weighty and stylish.

However:

I have fitted the weather resistant adapter ring and filter and beautifully engineered as it is, the well-finished aluminium lens cap NO LONGER FITS!!! This means that every time I want to put the camera in a bag, even temporarily, I have to remove the filter and adapter or risk scratching the protective filter itself.; I did not expect that. I'm sure if I look carefully, I'll find that Fuji are selling a suitable lens cap for some ridiculous price. The camera had better perform because this first impression is not a good one and you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. For now the weather proofing is coming off, probably to sit in a drawer for ever unless I take a trip to Niagra Falls or a local steam room. Mildly irritated so far. Kinda fortunate I didn't pay full price the weather kit, still a waste of money though IMO.

Last edited:
Well, my new toy has arrived and is currently charging up. It is a lovely looking piece of kit, reassuringly weighty and stylish.

However:

I have fitted the weather resistant adapter ring and filter and beautifully engineered as it is, the well-finished aluminium lens cap NO LONGER FITS!!! This means that every time I want to put the camera in a bag, even temporarily, I have to remove the filter and adapter or risk scratching the protective filter itself.; I did not expect that. I'm sure if I look carefully, I'll find that Fuji are selling a suitable lens cap for some ridiculous price. The camera had better perform because this first impression is not a good one and you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. For now the weather proofing is coming off, probably to sit in a drawer for ever unless I take a trip to Niagra Falls or a local steam room. Mildly irritated so far. Kinda fortunate I didn't pay full price the weather kit, still a waste of money though IMO.

the x100f cap fits over my v filter, it’s smaller than the v cap.
I bought the Fuji x70 hoods and use them with the weather kit. The x100v cap fits perfectly over them if you can find any in stock. Think jJc did a copy x70 hood but not 100% certain they are the same diameter.

The lens hood from my X20 nearly fits it (but not quite, too tight) but that's not really the point. One pays that much money for a quality product and then end up putting an after-market piece of cheap plastic over the lens, not good, really, not good. I shall be writing to Fuji about this...Edit: in fact I just have.

Last edited:
Fuji replied. Basically they said, "No, the lens cap doesn't fit. If you like we'll tell them in Japan."

Stunning.

Back